Paulding.com

This is for Pubby

I don't quite know where to start so I am jumping in with both feet.

This is difficult, I have been putting this off knowing that typing it would be difficult because of the tears. I know myself too well they started when I hit new post.

My first words are for Pat who is like my brother. We hit it off from day one. We both have children with challenges. Nothing will bring you down to earth more than a special needs child. The reality is you can't do this alone. He understood how a child can dictate your life to the point that everything takes a backseat. You have to face the fact that nobody can do this alone either financially, physically or mentally.

I related as an entrepreneur, I also understood dealing with the status pro.

We had so many things in common, we came from the same delta culture.

He taught me so much, he will always be my mentor. He gave me so many opportunities to grow as a person.

I can never thank him enough for all he gave me. His patience,understanding and compassion.

I have to stop there, I am too emotional to talk about it right now.

I have made the dearest, longest lifelong friendships through Paulding.com.

The site has enriched my life in so many ways.

So here we go. A few days after we moved the p.com office I experienced severe back pain.

Adjustments and massage were not helping. I went to the doctor to try and get some relief.

We discovered that I had severe stomach issues with nsads and other anti inflammatory pain relievers.

I have been struggling for over a year to function with very strong pain relievers.

Pat has gone above and beyond to accommodate my working hours around this.

I have had multiple MRI's and xrays, I have taken them to people I trust to read them.

They all see the same thing, I have facet syndrome. Your welcome to look it up.

I have been the route of everything, physical therapy, of course chiropractic, and massage.

The people that I love and trust in these practices have done everything possible.

I was shocked to learn that athletes have this more often than others.

In fact the MD's say that my bones look like a 20 year old's.

In desperation I allowed shots in my spine. The first set did very little. The second set was specifically for facet syndrome. I had this done about a month ago.

They numb you when they do this. It takes 12 hours or so for the medicine to wear off.

When the medicine wore off my pain was at an 8 which is a scale used to evaluate pain tolerance.

I spent most of my time in the bed trying to calm the nerves down to no avail.

After 2 weeks I made an emergency appointment for uncontrollable pain.

I have struggled with this for over a year. My pain has been made almost tolerable by the medicine and allowed me to have some quality of life.

Instead of giving me more narcotics I was given Gabapenton. It has made my pain bearable at a huge cost.

This is a seizure medicine that inhibits brain function.

The knowledge I have is still there, getting it out is very difficult.

Being married to a chiropractor has made being public with this more difficult.

I am thankful that he has always sent those suffering beyond what he can help to those that can.

My best friend Nicole Benge also practices this way. They have both been my rock of love and understanding as has Pat who has witnessed my agony over the last year or so.

I know I tend to be flip at times about my situation, I hope nobody has taken it wrong.

So many so close to me have supported me through this. They have been so understanding and caring.

I have so much support from my friends here, North Paulding networking and the PBA.

I will continue to do what I can for businesses here in Paulding, I truly care about their success.

If some words, punctuation ect are bad I am sorry. This is the best I can do on the medications.

Luv ya Pubs.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Laurie. Hopefully, your pain will subside very soon and you will be back to your normal self.

Just remember the old saying "and this too, shall pass." Take care of yourself and keep your chin up!

You know I miss you, and I love ya! :wub: I'm so sorry about what you're going through.

I could tell you some horror stories about when I was on Gabapenton. I really don't know which was the worse, my shoulder and neck being on fire from the pain or the side effects of the medicine. I did finally quit taking it.

Let me know if you need anything and take care of yourself.

Lowrider, please tell me about the side effects, I had taken this medicine for a long time and I didn't have any. Or, maybe I did and just thought it was something else................... hhmmmmmmm tia

ps, I took t for RLS

LPPT......sending you a pm!! :wub:

This is difficult, I have been putting this off knowing that typing it would be difficult because of the tears. I know myself too well they started when I hit new post.

My first words are for Pat who is like my brother. We hit it off from day one. We both have children with challenges. Nothing will bring you down to earth more than a special needs child. The reality is you can't do this alone. He understood how a child can dictate your life to the point that everything takes a backseat. You have to face the fact that nobody can do this alone either financially, physically or mentally.

He taught me so much, he will always be my mentor. He gave me so many opportunities to grow as a person.

I can never thank him enough for all he gave me. His patience,understanding and compassion.

So here we go. A few days after we moved the p.com office I experienced severe back pain.

Adjustments and massage were not helping. I went to the doctor to try and get some relief.

We discovered that I had severe stomach issues with nsads and other anti inflammatory pain relievers.

I have been struggling for over a year to function with very strong pain relievers.

I have had multiple MRI's and xrays, I have taken them to people I trust to read them.

I have been the route of everything, physical therapy, of course chiropractic, and massage.

The people that I love and trust in these practices have done everything possible.

In desperation I allowed shots in my spine. The first set did very little. The second set was specifically for facet syndrome. I had this done about a month ago.

They numb you when they do this. It takes 12 hours or so for the medicine to wear off.

When the medicine wore off my pain was at an 8 which is a scale used to evaluate pain tolerance.

I have struggled with this for over a year. My pain has been made almost tolerable by the medicine and allowed me to have some quality of life.

Instead of giving me more narcotics I was given Gabapenton. It has made my pain bearable at a huge cost.

I am thankful that he has always sent those suffering beyond what he can help to those that can.

My best friend Nicole Benge also practices this way. They have both been my rock of love and understanding as has Pat who has witnessed my agony over the last year or so.

I know I tend to be flip at times about my situation, I hope nobody has taken it wrong.

So many so close to me have supported me through this. They have been so understanding and caring.

I have so much support from my friends here, North Paulding networking and the PBA.

I will continue to do what I can for businesses here in Paulding, I truly care about their success.

If some words, punctuation ect are bad I am sorry. This is the best I can do on the medications.

Luv ya Pubs.

I had no idea that you were dealing with anything like this and I'm sad reading this. What can I do? I'm ready, willing and able to clean, cook and do laundry, anything that will help you in any way. I don't off my services lightly and am only VERY SERIOUS when I do. SO PLEASE let me help if I can. Picking up groceries, meds, whatever. You've always done so much for the people on Pcom, we can surely step up and help you.

I wish you the best and I sincerely hope to hear from you if you need anything. :huh: :) :( :wub:

• Like 3

No. Well, you can quit your job but you can't quit posting. Ever.

Capishe? Good. :wub:

You know I only wish the very best for you Laurie but you are just such a part of this site...it just hasn't been the same since you've quit posting. So NO.

Only half kidding.

Thank you all for your sweet post and pm's,

I don't know what to say.

What can you say when pain has robbed you of your intellect.

We all say we would never accept that. I felt the same way until my world became so small.

All the things that make you relevant, cooking dinner for your family in a clean home.

Pretty flowers in the yard.

Most important helping those in the community that can't help themselves.

The sick and disabled.

More than that small businesses, people that have dreams and believe they can work hard and be successful. P.com has given them the hand up.

I believed and still do in p.com being the heart of this community. I know that many that post here have had some of the physical limitations and challenges I am coping with.

I am proud to say they have reached out to me and helped me through this.

Pubby has been so understanding and accommodating.

There is no way around what these medications have been doing to me.

I am not refraining from posting out of anger or upset over p.com members.

I am simply not able to most of the time.

I love and respect you all.

I sure hope you get to feeling better quickly. I know all about severe back and joint pain, and it stinks!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers now, as well. Hang in there!

Edited by ivylove

Laurie:

Thanks for posting this. As you can see a lot of folks are concerned for you and many prayers will be said.

It has been a great run. Laurie, I am indebted to you for your efforts and engagement on behalf of PCOM. I think my management style, which is to empower those with whom I work, to take ownership of their role. In reality I want everyone to a sense of ownership in the site.

Still, you did so and I think that confused some people into believing you were the owner of Paulding.com.

That perception was probably because, Laurie, you became indispensable. I know your contribution will be missed. And you know that I don't expect you'll be a stranger.

pubby

To, my Dear, Laurie!

Here's what you stand for, to me, even though our agendas and motivations might be different. That is, of course, because you are you, and I am I! I know that I can be annoying, while at the same time you have understood, and do, understand my ways. It takes someone with your kind of compassion, and consideration, to be who you are in your very understanding ways.

I'm not in the status pro, but I am in the status quo who loves you. You are so right about PUBBY, too!

Here is what "LPPT" means to me:

.Love, Personality, Popularity, Thoughtfulness

Edited by The Postman

Luv ya Pubs.

I too have the facet syndrome plus other spinal issues. I was also given narcotics, muscle relaxers & gabepenton. I can tell you that the gabepenton was causing major problems such as falling, losing my balance and bouncing into walls etc. It was affecting my brain so much that I had to completely go off of it. I have had RFA on 2 areas of my back and that has helped for anywhere from 6 mos - 18 mos. each time. I hope that yours will subside and be able to be controlled by meds as mine is now. Best wishes for you!

Laurie, things just aren't the same around Pcom without you in the office. It's quiet. pardon.gif

And lonely. sad.gif

I knew you were having problems. I just hate to see it to this point. I've been concerned about you since you PMd me about the shot you had.

I want and need a bewbie hug from you before I leave town. We need to get together! And we need to stay in touch!!!!

I had no idea that you were dealing with anything like this and I'm sad reading this. What can I do? I'm ready, willing and able to clean, cook and do laundry, anything that will help you in any way. I don't off my services lightly and am only VERY SERIOUS when I do. SO PLEASE let me help if I can. Picking up groceries, meds, whatever. You've always done so much for the people on Pcom, we can surely step up and help you.

I wish you the best and I sincerely hope to hear from you if you need anything. :huh: :) :( :wub:

What she said!