Paulding.com

I live in Burnt Hickory Estates. I just had a gray van pull in my driveway. I peaked out the window and saw a young girl get out of the van. I answered the door and she said that that they were in the area doing a satisfaction survey and tried to give me a bottle of bright green spic and span. I told her I wasn't interested twice before she left. The van left without going to any neighbors. WTF?!?!

Anyone else seen this duo in the gray van? It wasn't an old van but not a new one either. Very strange.

I should add by girl I mean young adult. lol

Edited by iwunderu

had something similar happen, but it was carpet cleaner. She craned her neck around me, while talking about the product (at the door) and kept trying to ease past me. She did push past and ran to the carpeted stairs to show me how it worked, while looking around the living room. I called for husband (who wasn't really home) and she left. I told a police friend, and he said those are "casing the joint" tactics to see what you have. Sadly, I had a sister who DID those things and that was the purpose.

My wife saw on her facebook where this same van and girl has broken into 3 homes in th burnt hickory area. They come out and do the same thing and then come back when nobody is home and break in....Report this to the police.

• Like 3

We live in the Burnt Hickory area and had this happen a year or two ago. I pulled in my drive way and they pulled in shortly after I did and I guess they didnt realize that I was still in my car so they proceeded to walk past me in my car and I said "can I help you" I only cracked my window just enough to hear what they wanted and they were claiming they were selling Dawn or Spic and Span. I told them I wasnt interested and they left. I ended up following them and called the police. I dont think they were ever caught. It was a dingy old white or grey van they were driving. In my senerio it was a black male driving and two white guys. Scary stuff. We have also had two young white males in the past few months come to our door claming they were selling meat and wanted me to come to their truck. I didnt see a cooler from my front door and I said I wasnt interested. Oh I just remembered another time a guy claimed to be selling school books I turned him away too. Scary

I don't feel as if I have enough info to call the police. Just a basic description of her and a gray van. No tag #.

My wife saw on her facebook where this same van and girl has broken into 3 homes in th burnt hickory area. They come out and do the same thing and then come back when nobody is home and break in....Report this to the police.

Was this recently on facebook? If so was it on a public site or just friends talking about it? I'd love to see it if it is on a public site.

I don't feel as if I have enough info to call the police. Just a basic description of her and a gray van. No tag #.

Was this recently on facebook? If so was it on a public site or just friends talking about it? I'd love to see it if it is on a public site.

These 3 homes were robbed this week in burnt hickery. greyish type van with a red headed girl that comes to the door and a guy stays in the van. What they do is look in your home and if they see what they want they come back later when you are gone and rob your house. The cleaning supply is just a decoy to get you to open the door or let them inside so they can see what you have.

You should call the sheriffs office and tell them what happened and what people are saying about the gray van and it's history in Burnt Hickory. They probably already know about it and will step up patrols in your area. You don't want to do nothing and come home to discover your back door kicked in and your house robbed.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

• Like 1

That is very creepy.

We can barely even get delivery people to come on our porch thanks to these two: :blush: , LOL. Maybe you should consider a couple of them.. :D :D

post-6503-0-10536600-1363445940_thumb.jpg

I have wanted one of those for a while now!

I just hung up with the non-emergency number and he was kind of cavalier about it. Couldn't tell me if anything else had happened around here. Just took my information.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone else have this happen to them? (Someone coming to door with cleaning supplies)

Young girl just came to our door with spic n span in her hand... And male in dark colored SUV... Ask if I was the home owner... I ask what she wanted and that we were not not interested... We were the first house hey stopped at and they only went to one more house.. And both got out at it...

I took pictures just in case any thing happens...

Good for you. We had this happen years ago and we had company at the time. But, they did go to another home or two and left. The young lady tred to give us a bottle of Dawn and asked if they could do a demo of carpet cleaning. Hubby told them that we were NOT interested and they went on their merry way.

Then a few years ago, we had a young lady to come to the door asking if they, her and her hispanic partner, could clean up our flower beds and put down new pine straw. I was kind of skeptical so, I took some pics of them both and then I went around the back of their van (old faded navy blue in color) and got a pic of their vans tag, Just in case anything happened.

If we are out in the back yard, I always make sure the front door is locked with the deadbolt. I trust NO ONE, when it comes to someone coming to our door. We are very private and never let anyone (other than family & friends) in our home unless it's an absolute necessity. I'm just that kind of girl, you might say. Always try to be on the safe side!!!!