Paulding.com

Kindergarten Registration

My daughter is districted to go to Roberts Elementary. For those of you who have children that go to school here what do you think about the school?

Also, do you know any details on aftercare? Hours, pricing, good after care teachers? I can't find the website and the link on the BOE site won't work.

I can't believe my baby is about to be in Kindergarten! :( Time flies!

Paulding County doesn't have the after-school program in any of their schools, it's an outside company called Learning Bridge. Go to Learning Bridge's website and look over all their info and print out the 6-page enrollment form and bring it to sneak-a-peek in the summer. It's still held at the school and run by the school's own teachers, but it's not a direct part of PCSD. Right now it's a small registration fee and weekly rate of $35 for full-time enrollment (5 days a week, I don't know what their part-time 3-day fee is). We're not at Roberts but Learning Bridge is universal for the district. Hours are 2:30--6.

I think afterschool for her at her current daycare would be the same price if you wanted to keep her with her friends there that wont be attending Roberts.

I decided to let Hayden go to aftercare at that daycare to help break up his day so he didn't feel stuck at school all day....among other reasons..his brother is already there, friends he had made over the summer, already knew the teachers, etc.

Edited by Mommy2two

We are still unsure if she will be going there over the summer so i think it would be better to do daycare at her school. But is it really the same rate? I figured DP would be more expensive but I will check into that. I just know if she won't be there through the summer then all the kids in aftercare would probably be new to her anyways. Of course I will discuss it with her ;)

We LOVE Roberts elementary. My oldest went k-5 thru Roberts, my middle is in 4th and has been at Roberts since Kindergarten, and my youngest is in 2nd at Roberts. We are wanting to move, but are having difficulty finding what we want in ROBERTS district, because we don't want to change. I know most of the staff and I can't speak highly enough about the administration and teachers at the school.

Since the after school care program is no longer operated by the school, I don't know what the changes are. But this is what I do know: you can no longer have drop in days. You have to have a set schedule of when the child will be in after school program. Here is the link for the program. learning bridge paulding My children have not been to the new program so I can't tell you good or bad.

Thank you Trixie's Treasures!

I spoke with the lady that is the head of the Learning Bridge system. She is the gym teacher there...apparently there are 2, she referred to herself as the "short P.E teacher". Lol. But she was very sweet and as someone said above she said most of the caretakers are teachers so I do like that. She said they help them with their homework too so that's great! :blush:

Thank you Trixie's Treasures!

I spoke with the lady that is the head of the Learning Bridge system. She is the gym teacher there...apparently there are 2, she referred to herself as the "short P.E teacher". Lol. But she was very sweet and as someone said above she said most of the caretakers are teachers so I do like that. She said they help them with their homework too so that's great! :blush:

I will admit that I have thought about sending my kids to the program, just for the homework help! LOL. I know of a home daycare that is in the roberts district where they would be able to ride the bus there if you need to go that route, and NO it's not me either. :)

We are still unsure if she will be going there over the summer so i think it would be better to do daycare at her school. But is it really the same rate? I figured DP would be more expensive but I will check into that. I just know if she won't be there through the summer then all the kids in aftercare would probably be new to her anyways. Of course I will discuss it with her ;)

I pay $35 for Hayden but I may get a $5 discount because I have more than one kid there. I can't remember.

it is more expensive during the summer but they do three field trips a week, have themed weeks, water days (sprinklers) and ice cream days. Keeps them enjoying summer since they have to be somewhere