Paulding.com

Support Small Businesses!

It's a great idea to actively search out small businesses to support, whenever you can. First of all, supporting small business maintains competitive pricing. The nationwide chain stores, being public companies, have to raise prices regularly to satisfy their stockholders who require higher returns year after year, on their investments. Small businesses are not controlled by shareholders and will often work with you in negotiating a price. They are much more flexible, especially when it comes to high-dollar or high-volume items.

The money stays local, to support other local businesses. When you purchase at a large chain, much of that money goes to the corporation, which is usually not based here. When you do business with a small, local business owner, your dollars support the local tax base, and much of the money stays in the area, to be churned repeatedly by dozens of subsequent purchases.

There's also the personal service that a person gets from dealing with local merchants. The issue of accountability is a major factor when it comes to special events. With a major corporation, an employee can always blame another area of the company when something goes wrong. A small business owner is accountable, personally, for your satisfaction. At King Tux Rentals, we have a perfect record of satisfying the customer. No large chain store can make that claim for any of its individual locations. Whenever you make your plans to shop - consider the small business owner and the value that the business brings to the community and to the local economy!

Best of Kennesaw Award.jpg

Wedding2.jpg

Very good thread! I'm a firm believer in that, as well as keeping as much business in the local community as possible. ;)

Hope you are doing well, Tom. I'd love to catch up with you soon....maybe do a lunch together or something when you (and me) can get the time. Fortunately, business has started full swing over on my end! :yahoo:

good post, and subby.. I'll probally be needing your services before long.. do you work on exmark mowers?

I have on occasions. Give me a call and we can discuss it.

Glenn

678-315-8794

• 1 month later...
  • LPPT unpinned this topic