Paulding.com

EDIT Title: East Paulding: Fight/ Gun possiblility today.

Weird, when I dropped mine off right around that time, looked pretty normal. I only saw two sheriff's cars and Officer Tanner's car, of course. I guess people panicked and left? I got a text from my son, they're not on lockdown right now. I'm not worried nor is my son. Well, maybe a tad worried, but that's normal.

When I went by this is what I saw, two cars up front... We sent ours, I figure today is probably the safest day to be there!

email I received from principal of East:

Good morning. Late last evening the school district was notified by the Paulding County Sheriff’s Department that there were a series of exchanges posted through social media involving East Paulding High School. In the overnight hours the sheriff’s department investigated the situation. This morning the sheriff’s department along with school and district personnel identified the primary individuals involved and the situation is contained and secure at this time. We will continue to have a strong presence on campus throughout the day. East Paulding High School takes all threats to safety seriously and will continue to take a proactive approach to ensure your child’s safety. At this time school is operating as normal and all school activities will be held as planned.

it's just teens being teens. Our child goes to east and we have 2 more that will go to east. We love the area we are in, so much that we want our new home to be in the east / roberts school district. There are people who will bash anything and everything. But personally, we have no issues with the schools, and I am very proud of the way this issue was handled.

• Like 6

Yes, they handled this issue, perfectly!!! I am very proud of all of them. Now, let's get them to do this with weather. LMBO....I had to through that in there, the yankee made me do it.

EDIT: And if you tell any of them, I complimented them, I will deny it.:ph34r:

it's just teens being teens. Our child goes to east and we have 2 more that will go to east. We love the area we are in, so much that we want our new home to be in the east / roberts school district. There are people who will bash anything and everything. But personally, we have no issues with the schools, and I am very proud of the way this issue was handled.

Trixie, I agree with you. We school choice to East and will continue to do so. This happens everywhere, this is the world we live in today. The pressures our kids have to deal with today are far different than the ones we faced. I have to say that I am worried for our kids and kids everywhere, this became very real to me between last night and today. Our kids need to be hyper aware and keep communicating.

The communication is what kept our kids safe, the threat was very real and I am also proud of the way it was handled.

Trixie, I agree with you. We school choice to East and will continue to do so. This happens everywhere, this is the world we live in today. The pressures our kids have to deal with today are far different than the ones we faced. I have to say that I am worried for our kids and kids everywhere, this became very real to me between last night and today. Our kids need to be hyper aware and keep communicating.

The communication is what kept our kids safe, the threat was very real and I am also proud of the way it was handled.

Exactly, it's an entirely different world our kids are dealing with today. With the internet and all the social media's, kids are being bombarded with everything. Dana, I agree with you, communication is key!

I didn't know about the situation until I was dropping my daughter off this morning and commented on the presence of the police. She then told me about the "rumor" going around. She told me it was probably some stupid kid wanting attention. She also said she wasn't worried, because she knew the school was handling the situtation and knew she would be safe today at school. I agreed with her but also told her to be constantly aware of things going on around her.

we love east as well and when things needed to be dealt with, they did, however this is not completely handled, my daughter is home today. From what I understand most classes are below half the number of students as usual. This situation does involve SEVERAL parties and from what I understand not too long ago they went chasing another child involved in this.

As a parent we cant always protect our children but if we have any fears/concerns, we need to act on them. I was not comfortable with the responses I got from the school and sheriff when I called this morning so I chose to keep her home. Just hope they can handle ALL parties involved bc there are several from what I understand

we love east as well and when things needed to be dealt with, they did, however this is not completely handled, my daughter is home today. From what I understand most classes are below half the number of students as usual. This situation does involve SEVERAL parties and from what I understand not too long ago they went chasing another child involved in this.

As a parent we cant always protect our children but if we have any fears/concerns, we need to act on them. I was not comfortable with the responses I got from the school and sheriff when I called this morning so I chose to keep her home. Just hope they can handle ALL parties involved bc there are several from what I understand

My daughter texted me and said hardly anyone is at school today. They have 3 in custody and are tracking down the others. The police are roaming the halls. She said it was 2 groups of kids involved in the dispute.

• Like 1

??????

What is going on with this school? Are there gangs there now? If I don't buy a new home this will be my kids school. What is the hood like now? Especially the New Hope area?

Our hood is nice and quiet now that all of the thieves have been locked up. You were referring to AC right?

This is ridiculous.

I hope that teens understand that social media will follow them FOREVER.

Parents, do NOT let your children use social media. If you are going to allow it, you need to teach them the dangers JUST AS STRONGLY as you teach them the dangers of drunk driving.

The consequences can be just as devastating and a single mistake can cost so much.

Of course, it's hard for us to TEACH our kids not to be irresponsible with social media when so many of the PARENTS are.

• Like 3

This is ridiculous.

I hope that teens understand that social media will follow them FOREVER.

Parents, do NOT let your children use social media. If you are going to allow it, you need to teach them the dangers JUST AS STRONGLY as you teach them the dangers of drunk driving.

The consequences can be just as devastating and a single mistake can cost so much.

Of course, it's hard for us to TEACH our kids not to be irresponsible with social media when so many of the PARENTS are.

I am shocked at the number of parents, that never check up on their kids. Take the cell and read the messages!! Check their face book pages! Check their emails, there is no excuse not to stay on top of these things.

My oldest is a boy, I almost fell out when I opened his photo's on his phone. Needless to say, he does NOT have a phone anymore and neither does the girl that sent the pictures! (Yes, I am the bitch that will call the little snowflakes parents!) Wake up parents!!! Wake the HELL up and stay on top of all the social media crap!

• Like 5

I am shocked at the number of parents, that never check up on their kids. Take the cell and read the messages!! Check their face book pages! Check their emails, there is no excuse not to stay on top of these things.

My oldest is a boy, I almost fell out when I opened his photo's on his phone. Needless to say, he does NOT have a phone anymore and neither does the girl that sent the pictures! (Yes, I am the bitch that will call the little snowflakes parents!) Wake up parents!!! Wake the HELL up and stay on top of all the social media crap!

I am one of THOSE parents too. Proud of it. My job is to protect my kids and I take it seriously.

• Like 3

:good:

I am one of THOSE parents too. Proud of it. My job is to protect my kids and I take it seriously.

:good:

I think everyone is doing a fantastic job in handling this situation. No one is panicing. I however, would love an update. I know 3 have been arrested, but wonder if anyone else has been. What the real story is to this.

To many rumors running rampant.

Love it!! I do the same thing and will call the other parents. Most people think it is an invasion of privacy, but I am responsible for him and know more about him and his friends than he does!!! He also knows this!

Love it!! I do the same thing and will call the other parents. Most people think it is an invasion of privacy, but I am responsible for him and know more about him and his friends than he does!!! He also knows this!

My daughter pitches a fit when I do this. It is a battle.

No, when it's your children it's not called invasion of privacy, it's called parenting. I think some parents don't grasp that concept. Glad you have.

Our hood is nice and quiet now that all of the thieves have been locked up. You were referring to AC right?

Yep, I'm going to come out this weekend or next and ck out my house. I'm still looking to buy in Peachtree city, but I'm having problems finding a house that I like. I don't understand the no basements and lack of gas stoves....GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

From what I understand Fayette county has the best schools in GA, so when I get on here and see things about the local Highschool. I get kinda fired up. I thought it was funny one of the Highschools in the area is called WhiteWater. :blink:

Thieves? Have things been bad there in the past 4 or so years. As long as my renter pays her rent on time I really don't pay attention.

I have never understood how it can be an invasion of privacy when everything they have I paid for and own, including the room they live in.

I would have loved, well maybe not, to see what my mother and father would have done if I pulled "invasion of privacy" on them.

There was never any doubt around our house where I stood, I was the kid.

In fact, until the day he died if my father used his "god" voice, I just immediatly said "yes sir" and did what he said.

Even though my son is 20, I now understand what my mother means when she says, I know you are in your 50's but I will always be your mother.

It means that you never stop being a parent.

• Like 2

WOO HOO!!! +1000!!! Amen and AMEN!!! You are my hero!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I have never understood how it can be an invasion of privacy when everything they have I paid for and own, including the room they live in.

Damn skippy.

I would have loved, well maybe not, to see what my mother and father would have done if I pulled "invasion of privacy" on them.

There was never any doubt around our house where I stood, I was the kid.

In fact, until the day he died if my father used his "god" voice, I just immediatly said "yes sir" and did what he said.

Even though my son is 20, I now understand what my mother means when she says, I know you are in your 50's but I will always be your mother.

It means that you never stop being a parent.

Exactly, I was raised that way and will do the same with my children.