Paulding.com

Dinner tonight? How about Ancho Chile-Taco Soup ?

A hearty meal in a bowl. We cut ancho chiles [the dried dark leathery looking ones] into strips and soak them in peanut oil. Brown them in the soup pan, taking them out when almost crispy and leaving the flavored oil.

Then garlic, onions, and bell peppers, sauteed until a bit opaque.

Stock, and some cumin, salt and pepper, and bring just to a boil.

A whole bunch of diced fresh roma tomatoes.add the ancho chile strips back, and again, just to a boil.

Then diced and/or ground meat. This time is beef, precooked [great way to use up left overs] and some pork. Bring the heat back up just to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes.

Serve with monterry jack cheese, and cheese quesadillos with a baguette to get the last of the juices.

A hearty red shiraz to pair.

What y'all having?

Bon Apetite'!drinks.gif

Just set it and forget it!

:lol:

I was going to wait and post a picture later!!!

Can't wait to try out the "set it and forget it"!!

You know, after 22 years in a Kroger Deli, one wouldn't think I'd be this excited to be doing rotisserie chickens at home. :wacko:

:lol:

I was going to wait and post a picture later!!!

Can't wait to try out the "set it and forget it"!!

You know, after 22 years in a Kroger Deli, one wouldn't think I'd be this excited to be doing rotisserie chickens at home. :wacko:

We use the rotisserie with the horizontal infared burner on our grill several times a month. With 2 ducks or 2 chickens.

But I cut the backbone/necks out, and put them on the skewer butt to butt, at 90 degree angles, so it makes the "mass" of dark meat with a leg quarter every 90 degrees right in the middle or hottest part of the burner. I might baste them once or twice, but other than that just put them on and walk away.

We did 2 Perdue Oven Stuffers a few weeks back and they were really special. I will give Perdue credit for that bird, it is their own breed, as the taste is so much more developed than the younger fryer/broilers.

crab cakes

nice side salad of romaine, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red onions & pepper - most likely an italian type dressing or a vinagrette if I make one

cantelope

:)

Do you make the crabcakes yourself? I've never made a crabcake I like. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm making garlic Parmesan crusted pork chops with kale chips and baked beans on the side.

SET IT AND FORGET IT!!!

(not literally though :lol: That's what the instructional DVD adds!)

One is herb seasoned and the other is lemon pepper.

setitforgetit_zps86e7c3d7.jpg

Which Kroger did you work at. I have been with Kroger twenty years

Steak, baked potato, baked beans and corn

Don't know what a mayo roll is but it sure sounds good !

But some one has to write down the recipes. Most are from habit, memory, and instinct. Baking stuff, I do rough measurements where proportions are chemically important [salt to baking soda, etc.] but other than that very few of my dishes are from a set recipe.

But some one has to write down the recipes. Most are from habit, memory, and instinct. Baking stuff, I do rough measurements where proportions are chemically important [salt to baking soda, etc.] but other than that very few of my dishes are from a set recipe.

Don't let the details stop you a measuring cup, measuring spoon and a legal pad or tape recorder is all you need. From now on as you cook just take notes. It could take six months of cooking to fill up a book but you can self publish anything these days for next to nothing and you will have hundreds of waiting customers here on Pcom alone. Then theirs E-Bay, Facebook your own Website.....

Oh and don't forget my consulting fee's when the money starts pouring in ! laugh.gif

Edited by CitizenCain

Don't know what a mayo roll is but it sure sounds good !

1 cup self rising flour

3/4 cup milk (you want the batter on the thin side)

2 tablespoons mayo

Put in muffin tin that's been lightly greased.

Bake at 400 for 10-12 mins till brown.

Makes 6 muffin size rolls.

My mom taught me to make them.

My kids loved them when they were little.

Been a min since I made them and Papi loved them too.

• Like 1

Which Kroger did you work at. I have been with Kroger twenty years

Steak, baked potato, baked beans and corn

It'd been easier to list the stores I HAVEN'T worked at! :lol:

I stated at 253, went to 301, then 455, went in to zone office in zone J, went to zone S, worked everywhere from 366 to 459 to 298 all the way up to the Dalton stores and I can't remember their numbers! :lol:

I've done more grad openings, closings and regrand openings than I can count.

PM me.

If you don't know me, you probably at least know who I am or have seen me.

I retired almost 3 years ago.

1 cup self rising flour

3/4 cup milk (you want the batter on the thin side)

2 tablespoons mayo

Put in muffin tin that's been lightly greased.

Bake at 400 for 10-12 mins till brown.

Makes 6 muffin size rolls.

My mom taught me to make them.

My kids loved them when they were little.

Been a min since I made them and Papi loved them too.

I have to try this, gotta go out tomorrow and buy me a muffin tin !

Thanks Blondie.

It'd been easier to list the stores I HAVEN'T worked at! :lol:

I stated at 253, went to 301, then 455, went in to zone office in zone J, went to zone S, worked everywhere from 366 to 459 to 298 all the way up to the Dalton stores and I can't remember their numbers! :lol:

I've done more grad openings, closings and regrand openings than I can count.

PM me.

If you don't know me, you probably at least know who I am or have seen me.

I retired almost 3 years ago.

I worked at 253 I am now at 376 mr stephens was there when I got hired and I worked in floral.

Surepip - I'll do your e-marketing. We can do blog with a posting of your recipes and photos - a facebook page - twitter. We've got this. You start measuring, Mrs. Pip take pictures - and we'll turn you into a superstar. I can see a foodtv show for you as well!!

But, you had me at chemical proportions.

Funny story - my dad always hated cooking. My mom got really bad sick and almost died in 1981. I remember him in the kitchen that Christmas - and he shouted - cooking is just chemistry lab without a TA watching over my shoulder. Haaaa, Haaaa, Haaa!! My daddy is now one of the best cooks with alot of creativity. It's like the show Iron Chef when he cooks!!