Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
JSC

any one tried this restaurant?

Hell no....if a "bbq" place can mess up pulled pork, a bbq staple, that badly and have "bbq sauce" that tasted like ketchup, I have no interest in trying anything else off of their menu. Just chalk it up as a restaurant to avoid.

Ziegler's in Acworth, now that's pretty good bbq. You'd probably hate it :D

mrnn

Someone had been setting up a barbeque pit in a lot right down from the DQ in Hiram. I know they had been shut down probably for not having license, but OH MY GOD that is the best barbeque I have ever had in my life. Everytime I've went the line would be out to the road of people buying it. I wish they would open up a restaurant I swear I would eat there every week. Corkys, Smoky Bonz and anybody else has nothing on these people.

Someone had been setting up a barbeque pit in a lot right down from the DQ in Hiram. I know they had been shut down probably for not having license, but OH MY GOD that is the best barbeque I have ever had in my life. Everytime I've went the line would be out to the road of people buying it. I wish they would open up a restaurant I swear I would eat there every week. Corkys, Smoky Bonz and anybody else has nothing on these people.

That's Uncle Bobe's!

They are great!

Search the name and you'll find other threads about them.

That's Uncle Bobe's!

They are great!

Search the name and you'll find other threads about them.

Thanks, I see they are back in business, will definitely be going there next Saturday. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!

Thanks, I see they are back in business, will definitely be going there next Saturday. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!

Yep!

And I noticed today that got a fancy new trailer!

Hell no....if a "bbq" place can mess up pulled pork, a bbq staple, that badly and have "bbq sauce" that tasted like ketchup, I have no interest in trying anything else off of their menu. Just chalk it up as a restaurant to avoid.

mrnn

You really need to try Scotts walk up BBQ on Tennessee street in cartersville, Hands down the best BBQ around.

Where? I think I must be a BBQ snob, because there is none around here I will eat.

I would love to find some good BBQ.

Where? I think I must be a BBQ snob, because there is none around here I will eat.

I know what you mean, I had some last week at this place on Hwy 61, it was terrible. But this barbecue is the bomb!! It is located on 278 in a lot next to a barber shop. It's past the Dairy Queen and the funeral home on the right if you're going towards dallas. I don't know what type of seasonings they use, but their chicken is just as good as their ribs, has the best flavor. And the barbecue sauce is sooooo good!!!

They set up in Pike Diesel Repairs parking lot.

Thanks guys. I know exactly where you're talking about. I've seen them there before. :drinks:

I figured you would.

It's by Dairy Queen just up the road from Walmart next to Curtis' office by that church around the corner from Spirit Car Wash just up yonder from O'Reily Auto Parts near the Mexican restaurant.

:lol:

mrnn

If that place (Briar Patch) and Johnny's can survive, I figure I could be a multimillionaire if I ever started selling my BBQ pork and beef brisket.

If that place (Briar Patch) and Johnny's can survive, I figure I could be a multimillionaire if I ever started selling my BBQ pork and beef brisket.

FYI West Metro started carrying brisket. We bought one yesterday.

• Like 1

We went last weekend to the new Happy Hawg at the corner of 92 and Nebo. We went through the drive-thru and ordered two pulled pork sandwiches with onion rings for a side...it was REALLY, REALLY GOOD! The sandwiches were on fresh sesame seed buns and piled HIGH...and the ORs were SO good.

It's another place we'll be back to. I had tried them once before at a place on 61 on my way to Villa Ricca this last fall when I was working at the haunted house and needed a quick meal before I went in to work, so I stopped and ordered a pulled pork salad to go. It was SO GOOD. So when I saw that they had opened a place on 92, I told my husband we needed to try them and see if what they served was as good as my salad had been. IT WAS!

Give them a try. That sandwich was HUGE, and SO tasty.

We went last weekend to the new Happy Hawg at the corner of 92 and Nebo. We went through the drive-thru and ordered two pulled pork sandwiches with onion rings for a side...it was REALLY, REALLY GOOD! The sandwiches were on fresh sesame seed buns and piled HIGH...and the ORs were SO good.

It's another place we'll be back to. I had tried them once before at a place on 61 on my way to Villa Ricca this last fall when I was working at the haunted house and needed a quick meal before I went in to work, so I stopped and ordered a pulled pork salad to go. It was SO GOOD. So when I saw that they had opened a place on 92, I told my husband we needed to try them and see if what they served was as good as my salad had been. IT WAS!

Give them a try. That sandwich was HUGE, and SO tasty.

HIJACK! You worked in a haunted house! Cool. Where do I apply?:lol:

Back on track. We are going to try the Cajun cafe.

HIJACK! You worked in a haunted house! Cool. Where do I apply?:lol:

Back on track. We are going to try the Cajun cafe.

LOL! Yes, I worked at Supernatural Haunted House in Villa Rica last Halloween season. It was a lot of fun! I'll let you know next season when she's doing auditions again! :)

I saw a commercial last night on The History Channel for a Cajun place in Hiram.

Same one?

It looked good.

I saw a commercial last night on The History Channel for a Cajun place in Hiram.

Same one?

It looked good.

Really, I missed that. It's the only cajun one that I know of in Hiram.

Hubby and I went Saturday night. One word review: Meh.

Did like the popcorn crawfish appetizer. Great remoulade.

He ordered the Tchou (whatever) chicken and tasso potatoes. He liked it but the portion is small.

I had the soft-shell crab plate. HORRIBLE cole slaw. Nothing but cabbage & rice wine vinegar. No flavor. Ick. Just sat there.

The crab were cooked right but the chef is far too heavy-handed with the creole seasoning. All I tasted was SALT.

We did order dessert (beignets) and coffee but it took 5 minutes to get the coffee, which was so strong and old it about melted my fillings, and we only got 2 teaspoons worth of sugar. The waitress said they were running short so it was being rationed. :glare: Really?! You take 5 bucks, go down the road and get a 5 pound bag of sugar!) Fortunately Mr. C'mare can drink it black.

Took another 5 minutes after the coffee to get the beignets and that was only because another waitress noticed they were sitting waiting to go out. Since we were just a party of two, and 2 parties of 5 got seated after us, we were ignored.

We did speak with the owner about his wait staff. He used the old "good help is hard to find" line and, since I am in Human Resources, I believe him. BUT you take responsibility for it, you don't give excuses, you just make it right. After we told him it took 10 minutes to get dessert, all he did was complain about not being able to keep good help, with no offer to Make It Right.

We won't be back unless I read here that drastic changes to the wait staff have occurred.

Edited by ChocoMare