Paulding.com

If you could move....

Rome, Italy. It is the most amazing place on the planet. The city is so friendly, the coffee and food is out of this world and it's so beautiful. The people of Rome are the most colorful that I've ever seen, and to have the Coliseum and the Vatican RIGHT THERE, you would never know it was a tourist town. The local places are easy to find and very welcoming.

And you're a train ride away from some beautiful coastal areas that transport you to a totally different place. I love the Amalfi coast. I love the country - it.is.perfect. in EVERY way.

Oh, and the wine......................

That might be, secretly, why I married a Brit - he can live anywhere in the EU :)

Probably to South Florida. My wife thinks winters here are too cold (and she is from Wisconsin). So, I may be persuaded to move further south. If we do move, it will be our last.

We did about 1.5 years ago.

We went to Florida.

We went for warmer weather, less traffic, less crime, no state income taxes, and having everything we needed within 5 miles of our single level house.

I'm guessing that you retired, because there are NO jobs there! :lol: And that you must live in N. Florida, because 20+ years in SoFlo and there was a lot of traffic and crime! :lol:

It is easier to ride a bike, though. And all my family is still there, I miss them :(

• Like 1

I had a choice in 1989 and chose Paulding County GA.

I came here because of a friendly country lifestyle, low taxes, cheap housing and figured if I ever needed a job being close to Atlanta was a plus. When I needed a job in 2002 my Atlanta job theory proved true.

With both our son's & 7 grand kids being here plus my daughter being buried here I expect we will stay here.

Now if money were no object after I hit the Mega Bucks or Power Ball Lottery or my wife hit the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes we would buy a winter home in Key West and summer home in San Francisco. Then we would stop in here whenever we were flying by.

I'm guessing that you retired, because there are NO jobs there! :lol: And that you must live in N. Florida, because 20+ years in SoFlo and there was a lot of traffic and crime! :lol:

It is easier to ride a bike, though. And all my family is still there, I miss them :(

I agree with this! I lived in ft myers/naples area for 15 years. My fiance lived there his whole life. (30 yrs) lots of traffic (snowbirds) and no jobs. We had to move back here to live with family because neither of us could find jobs and on the vurge of homelessness. It stinks because his kiddos are still down there. And yes lots of crime. Especially ft myers. I too miss my friends, and being able to walk or ride a bike anywhere because of all of the side walks, and flat roads. My fav thing to do when we go for visits is hop on the trolley and ride down the beach.

To me florida is great for vacations, but not to live.

We are following our dream and moving to Costa Rica in July. We've been traveling back and forth for years and decided to make it permanent. So we are selling everything and starting a new life in a new country. Can't wait!

I have kicked around the same idea. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Just north of Detroit in the Rochester Hills or Troy area. It's home. It's where my closest friends and 90% of my family reside. It has it's downsides but being close to them would easily make up for all of them.

• Like 1

The panhandle has more jobs than you would think. At least I hope so. rolleyes.gif

When we get moved, Georgia Dawg and I will be about 50 miles apart and Tide Girl and I will be about 25-30 miles apart. Maybe the three of us can do a meet up in Pensacola Beach or Navarre Beach one day.

If money were no issue - Boden Town, Grand Caymen, in a shotgun house with the ocean breeze. Love, love, love Boden. But, since I can visit periodically and I must live in the real world - we're currently looking at places near Charleston......I'd rather Savannah, but, kiddo planning to attend Clemson and we can sure use the in state tuition.

No, I didn't retire. I'm still working and with no State income tax, I got a 6% raise. rolleyes.gif

We moved to the panhandle so we only 15 minutes from the Gulf beaches and only 5 minutes from the bay. I have a boat in my future. yahoo.gif

I definitely wouldn't move to South Florida.

There are lots of bike lanes and bike paths here, but I haven't started taking advantage of them yet.

The biggest change is when we lived in Paulding we would have to fill up our vehicles once or twice a week. Down here we fill up maybe once a month.

My wife did retire when she moved down here. However, since being here she's been offered a job several times and she keeps turning them down.

No, I didn't retire. I'm still working and with no State income tax, I got a 6% raise. rolleyes.gif

We moved to the panhandle so we only 15 minutes from the Gulf beaches and only 5 minutes from the bay. I have a boat in my future. yahoo.gif

I definitely wouldn't move to South Florida.

There are lots of bike lanes and bike paths here, but I haven't started taking advantage of them yet.

The biggest change is when we lived in Paulding we would have to fill up our vehicles once or twice a week. Down here we fill up maybe once a month.

My wife did retire when she moved down here. However, since being here she's been offered a job several times and she keeps turning them down.

This is good to know!! My family is in Port St. Lucie (just north of WPB) and they all struggle for work - there's just not a lot of jobs (and they work in the lower wage industries). For me, I've found a few companies moving there (orlando area mostly), but there's not a huge amount of professional jobs. Florida is a state for the rich or those in tourism. Not having spent much time in the panhandle, I guess I forget that there's probably lots of gulf area jobs.

Believe me, I've contemplated not having state income tax OFTEN. Plus, overall, Florida is a very...'whatever' state. If you need to disappear, evade the law, or reinvent yourself - go to Florida (if you're a true Floridian, this will make you laugh!)

:good: MASSACHUSETTS I want to go back home!!!

Not to late for everyone in Paulding to donate a $1.00 to help me get the hell out of here!!!!:D

I am planning a family reunion in Boston. I can't wait to see my Yankee family!

Back to topic. I would move Hawaii for the winter and Jackson Wyoming for the summer. Both are beautiful and I love the wildlife in Jackson.

• Like 2

Probably to South Florida. My wife thinks winters here are too cold (and she is from Wisconsin). So, I may be persuaded to move further south. If we do move, it will be our last.

So long as you leave me the Mopars. :rofl:

I had a choice in 1989 and chose Paulding County GA.

I came here because of a friendly country lifestyle, low taxes, cheap housing and figured if I ever needed a job being close to Atlanta was a plus. When I needed a job in 2002 my Atlanta job theory proved true.

With both our son's & 7 grand kids being here plus my daughter being buried here I expect we will stay here.

Now if money were no object after I hit the Mega Bucks or Power Ball Lottery or my wife hit the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes we would buy a winter home in Key West and summer home in San Francisco. Then we would stop in here whenever we were flying by.

I agree-in 1997 I left south Florida and moved here. Lower taxes (home) lower cost of living, higher wages and more opportunity for women, nicer people, more afforadable housing and everything else, more jobs, more EVERYTHING!!!

Sorry-hated Florida after 20 years there and would never live there again-To hot, to buggy, to flat, two seasons-hot and hotter, to expensive, two kinds of people -the "haves" and "have nots" (you are either rich or poor-there is no in between) everything bites, everything is poisionous, red tides on the gulf, sea lice in the Atlantic, snakes and alligators in the lakes (and in your yard), everyone is nasty because they're broke, hot, and disgusted with life in Florida.

That is the reality of life in Florida unless you have money (lots of it) and don't need to work or worry about how you'll pay for everything needed to make your life more pleasant there.

The panhandle has more jobs than you would think. At least I hope so. rolleyes.gif

When we get moved, Georgia Dawg and I will be about 50 miles apart and Tide Girl and I will be about 25-30 miles apart. Maybe the three of us can do a meet up in Pensacola Beach or Navarre Beach one day.

the panhandle has less jobs than south Florida, and they pay even less !-a little less expensive though, and at least it has seasons