Paulding.com

TRIPP HALSTEAD*****IS HOME!******

Breaks my heart to see him lying there in that bed as compared to the pics of him up running, smiling and playing. :(

I just can't imagine.

You take your 6 yr old child to daycare and in one horrible moment your life is forever altered.

Said my prayers for him this morning again.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On April 1st, the Chick-fil-A in Dallas is holding a fundraiser for little Tripp. I will post closer to time as well as a reminder, but I love that Chik-fil-A's all around GA have done this for this f

This is beyond true. Unless you've been there, you have NO IDEA the stress in every single manner possible. Things that would normally not bother you become massive crises. The stress of him being

I'd like to add to find it in your heart to always put loose change in the Ronald McDonald House collection box when at McDonalds .   Tripp's mother has been staying there .       Years ago , my

Posted Images

Praise the Lord he's having a peaceful day!!

6 minutes ago via mobile

Stacy: Tripp is having a good day. He has slept a lot, his numbers all look great, when he is awake he isn't crying in pain. Only bad news I have is that he still has an infection in his CSF. So we are still shooting him full of antibiotics and hoping for the best. They will test again in the morning. The Drs also feel that Tripp is ready for formula again, so they wanted to take him down and put a G-JTube in him and I told them..Not today. This is the first good day he has had in forever and we both want to enjoy it. So he will have this done first thing in the morning. It is a tube like he has now in his stomach, but it will be placed where he can't physically throw up his food. He can still gag and throw up stomach acids, but at least his food will stay down and he will start to get healthier. So that is the plan for now. He is awake and looking all handsome, and to make him look even more handsome, his bath is coming up. His hair is crazy from the 2 surgeries and from the glue they put all over his head for the EEG. He is still on oxygen, we might try to see how he does tomorrow without it, but I am not letting them change anything today. This has been my first peaceful day in PICU. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Thank you for your prayers.

• Like 1

Latest update........

And you know what? I say good for her for stopping the G-J feeding tube today.

I'm so glad he's had a good day today and maybe he will start getting better SOON!!

Still praying :wub:

BTW: They hig 300K LIKES today!! :yahoo:

Tripp Halstead Updates

3 hours ago via mobile.

Stacy: Tripp is having a good day. He has slept a lot, his numbers all look great, when he is awake he isn't crying in pain. Only bad news I have is that he still has an infection in his CSF. So we are still shooting him full of antibiotics and hoping for the best. They will test again in the morning. The Drs also feel that Tripp is ready for formula again, they wanted to take him down and put a G-JTube in him and I told them..Not today. This is the first good day he has had in forever and we both want to enjoy it. So he will have this done first thing in the morning. It is a tube like he has now in his stomach, but it will be placed where he can't physically throw up his food. He can still gag and throw up stomach acids, but at least his food will stay down and he will start to get healthier. So that is the plan for now. He is awake and looking all handsome, and to make him look even more handsome, his bath is coming up. His hair is crazy from the 2 surgeries and from the glue they put all over his head for the EEG. He is still on oxygen, we might try to see how he does tomorrow without it, but I am not letting them change anything today. This has been my first peaceful day in PICU. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Thank you for your prayers.

Lordy, I hope he does as good tomorrow. He's supposed to get the new feeding tube. It's always something.

Prayers :wub:

Tripp Halstead Updates

56 minutes ago via mobile.

Stacy: Tripp is still doing great. I got in bed with him and we watched reruns of the greatest show ever together. The Office with Michael Scott. Ha ha. He was very content in my arms. All his numbers are still good and no fever or throw up in the past 24 hours. So I am praying tonight goes good too. I am going to watch one episode of Downton Abbey and then go to bed. Praying for a good night. I have wanted a day like this for so long. Just a laid back day for Tripp so he can rest and not be constantly in pain. Who knows what tomorrow may bring, but I am going to sleep as a happy girl tonight. Thank you for all your prayers. Love you all.

I'm so glad he had a good day and a good night, now back to the grindstone.

He's having surgery at 11 for the G-J tube, hopefully it will be quick and he won't be sick anymore and take in his nutrition and get stronger and better.

Prayers for this sweet baby :wub:

Tripp Halstead Updates

4 minutes ago.

Stacy: Yes, my baby is a rock star. Ha ha Finally a good day followed by a good night. We both slept great. He only cried out once at 3:30. So I Just went and talked to him and kissed him and let him know I was there and I thought he dozed back off and slept till 7, but the nurse said he was awake off and on from 3:30 till I heard him at 7. But he must of felt ok cause he didn't cry out during that time. He just now dozed back off. (It is almost 9) His G J tube procedure is set for 11. The neurosurgeon just came and took a sample of his CSF so we will get the results later on to see if the infection is still there. And he thought his pupils seemed large, so he is ordering a CT for today. So back to the grind today with procedures and tests. Thank you all for your prayers, positive thoughts and get wells for my Trippadoodle. Go Team Boom. And Tripps full story is on the "about" link on his page. And can you believe he has over 300k likes on his page???There is a lot of love out there!! Thank you.

Prayers that Tripps surgery goes well! So glad he got a respite from the pain yesterday and last night. wub.gif Keep fighting Trippadoodle!

The latest...............

Tripp Halstead Updates

about an hour ago via mobile.

Stacy: All I can say is that I am glad yesterday was a good day. We are back to crazy today. Actually Tripp is doing pretty good. He hasn't cried too much today and he is sleeping at the moment. But the infection is still there. So no one knows exactly what we are going to do next. One dr said they wanted him to get a M.R.I as soon as today, it might be able to tell if the infection is in the bone flap. Lets pray pray pray that is not the case. If it is, then we might have to remove his skull again and keep it out until the infection is gone. That is one of the worst case scenarios. But nothing would surprise me at this point. And to add insult to injury as they say, he has stopped draining fluid from his brain, this is not a good thing. The nurse has paged and called his neurosurgeons but they are both in the operating room now. Waiting for them to read the ct and look at his drains. So if they are not working, I assume another surgery will happen pretty fast. He did have the G J tube put in and surprisingly that went pretty good. So hopefully when they start feeds in a little while, he won't throw up. He still has diarrhea, so that is always pleasant. Not. They are hoping the formula will help with that. Ummm.. Can't think of anything else at the moment, but that is plenty for me to deal with today. Thank you for the prayers and when I find out more, I will pass it along.

Tripp Halstead Updates

21 minutes ago.

Stacy: Ok, some good news, just talked to the surgeon and CT looks good at the moment and the drains are Working. The dr showed me the CT, it is hard to look at because it just reminds me of how much damage he has in his head. Poor little thing. But one less thing to worry with at the moment. Still waiting to see when they will do the M R I. Oh.. And a lady stopped me in the lobby and her family member just had a baby and named him Tripp after my baby. How sweet is that? And Tripp is still getting gifts from around the world. He got a stuffed animal koala from Australia, and a poster signed from Marines in Afghanistan. It is overwhelming (yes, I use that word a lot, but it is the truth) at the support we have gotten. We can't thank everyone enough. So thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you for your prayers most of all. I am sitting in bed with Tripp as I type this, he is awake and doing good. No oxygen on at the moment and his breathing is good. They started his pedi light and no throw up yet, whoo hoo.

The latest...............

Tripp Halstead Updates

Stacy: All I can say is that I am glad yesterday was a good day. We are back to crazy today. Actually Tripp is doing pretty good. He hasn't cried too much today and he is sleeping at the moment. But the infection is still there. So no one knows exactly what we are going to do next. One dr said they wanted him to get a M.R.I as soon as today, it might be able to tell if the infection is in the bone flap. Lets pray pray pray that is not the case. If it is, then we might have to remove his skull again and keep it out until the infection is gone. That is one of the worst case scenarios. But nothing would surprise me at this point. And to add insult to injury as they say, he has stopped draining fluid from his brain, this is not a good thing. The nurse has paged and called his neurosurgeons but they are both in the operating room now. Waiting for them to read the ct and look at his drains. So if they are not working, I assume another surgery will happen pretty fast. He did have the G J tube put in and surprisingly that went pretty good. So hopefully when they start feeds in a little while, he won't throw up. He still has diarrhea, so that is always pleasant. Not. They are hoping the formula will help with that. Ummm.. Can't think of anything else at the moment, but that is plenty for me to deal with today. Thank you for the prayers and when I find out more, I will pass it along.

Tripp Halstead Updates

21 minutes ago.

Stacy: Ok, some good news, just talked to the surgeon and CT looks good at the moment and the drains are Working. The dr showed me the CT, it is hard to look at because it just reminds me of how much damage he has in his head. Poor little thing. But one less thing to worry with at the moment. Still waiting to see when they will do the M R I. Oh.. And a lady stopped me in the lobby and her family member just had a baby and named him Tripp after my baby. How sweet is that? And Tripp is still getting gifts from around the world. He got a stuffed animal koala from Australia, and a poster signed from Marines in Afghanistan. It is overwhelming (yes, I use that word a lot, but it is the truth) at the support we have gotten. We can't thank everyone enough. So thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you for your prayers most of all. I am sitting in bed with Tripp as I type this, he is awake and doing good. No oxygen on at the moment and his breathing is good. They started his pedi light and no throw up yet, whoo hoo.

The world is pulling for Tripp!:wub:

• Like 2

She just posted some pictures.......so sweet!

Tripp Halstead Updates

12 minutes ago

Look: No oxygen. Breathing great on his own.

549167_427209740690584_149074377_n.jpg

Tripp Halstead Updates

10 minutes ago.

Yes, his crazy hair is back!! Going to be even more uncontrollable now with all his cool scars.

551355_427213214023570_2040635734_n.jpg

She just posted some pictures.......so sweet!

Tripp Halstead Updates

12 minutes ago

Look: No oxygen. Breathing great on his own.

549167_427209740690584_149074377_n.jpg

Tripp Halstead Updates

10 minutes ago.

Yes, his crazy hair is back!! Going to be even more uncontrollable now with all his cool scars.

551355_427213214023570_2040635734_n.jpg

Sweet, sweet baby! praying for you little man! wub.gifwub.gif

On April 1st, the Chick-fil-A in Dallas is holding a fundraiser for little Tripp. I will post closer to time as well as a reminder, but I love that Chik-fil-A's all around GA have done this for this family. Such a great community aspect of their business.

• Like 4

On April 1st, the Chick-fil-A in Dallas is holding a fundraiser for little Tripp. I will post closer to time as well as a reminder, but I love that Chik-fil-A's all around GA have done this for this family. Such a great community aspect of their business.

yay! Thanks for keeping us informed. Will def. be there to support Tripp and his family. wub.gif

Latest................so glad he had a good day :clapping:

Tripp Halstead Updates

32 minutes ago via mobile.

Stacy: Trippadoodle has had a good day. So that deserves a huge YAY!!! Both tubes are draining a little, his numbers have been great all day. I think he is getting a little attached to his mommy. When I sit beside him and hold his hand he goes to sleep but after I leave he wakes up and cries out. I might be sleeping in the chair beside him tonight. As my hubby always tells me "what my baby wants my baby gets" that was what he always told me before Tripp was born so now it applies to both of us. So if Tripp wants me holding his hand then that's where I will be. I pray he has a great night. We are on a roll here. Finally a good one. (Besides the fact that he has bacteria growing in his brain) But tonight lets stay positive!! Thank you for the prayers and hope you enjoyed the pictures of Tripp I posted earlier. He was the best at taking pictures. If we took 10 pictures, 9 of them were good. Made my job easy as the photographer. He was a "cheese" kind of kid. Hope everyone has a great night and love you all.

So happy for Tripadoodle!

When my son was 8 days old he was hospitalized for a week with menengitisis.

I remember thinking if I just held him and loved him enough, he'd be okay,

He's almost 21 now and strong as an ox.

My heart aches for Stacey.

And my prayers stay for Trioadoodle.

If I can remember we will too!

Somebody remind me!

I'll try to remember to remind you too! Since the fundraiser is April 1st, hubby's birthday, and so befitting, shouldn't be too hard to remember , LOL!

Hope Tripp had a good night and has an even better day...waiting on update.

His daddy posted a bunch of cute pics on FB, here's one. wub.gif542679_427221460689412_1262006677_n.jpg

• Like 2

The latest............

Tripp Halstead Updates

5 minutes ago.

Stacy: I am very happy to report that Tripp had a good night. His numbers (heart rate, breathing, blood pressure) were all good. Yay!!! I am not sure how much he slept, I can't see his eyes from where I sleep, but he didn't cry out, so that is great. We have already given him his bath today and the neurosurgeon has been in and said everything is ok. They have to test his CSF again today, so lets pray it comes back clear! They still want him to have a MIR done, but it is not scheduled as of yet. He has had formula over night and hasn't thrown up!! To me that is huge. Maybe he will start to feel better once he has some food in him. Always works for me. Thank you for all the prayers for Tripp. Things are looking up! Oh and I logged on this morning and saw the posts about the Ellen show. Sunshine on a Ranney day surprises me everyday with their desire to help. Thank you guys for this. We can't wait for our project to be done, so we can help them with the next one for someone like Tripp. We have had more support then we ever imagined and I can't wait till Tripp realizes what is going on and teach him how to pay it forward. This experience as horrible as it has been has taught me a lot about helping others and how good people can be. Love you all.

Tripp Halstead Updates shared a link.

about an hour ago.

Our great friends over at Sunshine on a Ranney Day are trying to get Tripp on The Ellen DeGeneres Show!!! Below is the link they have setup, in order for it to work you have to use the information provided, that way Ellen will get thousands exactly the same!!! Thank you all so much!!!

This is the link you click on, below.

http://www.sunshineonaranneyday.com/

The latest............

Tripp Halstead Updates

5 minutes ago.

Stacy: I am very happy to report that Tripp had a good night. His numbers (heart rate, breathing, blood pressure) were all good. Yay!!! I am not sure how much he slept, I can't see his eyes from where I sleep, but he didn't cry out, so that is great. We have already given him his bath today and the neurosurgeon has been in and said everything is ok. They have to test his CSF again today, so lets pray it comes back clear! They still want him to have a MIR done, but it is not scheduled as of yet. He has had formula over night and hasn't thrown up!! To me that is huge. Maybe he will start to feel better once he has some food in him. Always works for me. Thank you for all the prayers for Tripp. Things are looking up! Oh and I logged on this morning and saw the posts about the Ellen show. Sunshine on a Ranney day surprises me everyday with their desire to help. Thank you guys for this. We can't wait for our project to be done, so we can help them with the next one for someone like Tripp. We have had more support then we ever imagined and I can't wait till Tripp realizes what is going on and teach him how to pay it forward. This experience as horrible as it has been has taught me a lot about helping others and how good people can be. Love you all.

Tripp Halstead Updates shared a link.

about an hour ago.

Our great friends over at Sunshine on a Ranney Day are trying to get Tripp on The Ellen DeGeneres Show!!! Below is the link they have setup, in order for it to work you have to use the information provided, that way Ellen will get thousands exactly the same!!! Thank you all so much!!!

This is the link you click on, below.

http://www.sunshineonaranneyday.com/

I sent the form for the Ellen show!

Hope they get on!!

They're doing the MRI in the morning, then another surgery.

Tripp Halstead Updates

42 minutes ago.

Stacy: Well wow. I have been a busy girl today, I have started 3 different updates and either something changes or I have to go sign something. First and most important, Tripp is doing good, he is very content and all his numbers are still good. He has been awake all day and not cried at all. So found out that his MRI. is scheduled for 6:30in the morning, so I had to go to the MRI area and watch a video on what was going to happen to him and sign a consent. Then he will go straight from there to surgery. Whew... I know. The MRI will give us 3 scenarios. I will give you best to worst. Best they don't see any infection in his brain, and it is hanging on to the drains in his head. They do surgery to removed the EVD drains and put new clean ones in. Yes he has already had this done earlier. Next, they see infection in his head and they do the same 4 hour surgery as the last one. They take a scope in and look around and clean out all the dead brain matter in his head that could be harboring bacteria. Third and worst is that the infection has attached to his skull that was replaced, so they will have to take his skull out again and leave it out till the infection is gone. That would be the most dangerous and invasive surgery. So no matter what, he will have surgery tomorrow. Poor baby. But we have learned through all of this that he is a trooper!! I just wanted to thank all of you for all the prayers!!! And all the positive thoughts. I don't think I could stay sane without all of you. I go here to get strength and feel encouraged. It is hard seeing my baby like this, even on his very best day it is hard. No smiles, no hugs, no kisses from him. A good day is where he lays there with no pain. I know he will get better, he has too. I hope this surgery is what we need and we can kick this bacteria outta here and start making some good progress again. Love you all.

Prayers for this baby :wub:

Hope he has a good night, and bless his little heart tomorrow. He has to go through all of this again.

Tripp Halstead Updates

about an hour ago.

Stacy: Tripp and I just finished cuddling watching "The office" together, now he is snoozing. Mom will be here any minute, so I am going to the Ronald McDonald house to do some laundry and go to bed early so I can be back here by 6 am for the start of our busy day. Tripp has been good all day and I am confident he will have a good night. I hope all of you have a great night. I won't be on the computer anymore tonight unless something major happens. Thank you again for all your prayers and positive thoughts for tomorrows surgery. Love you all.

Sweet dreams Trippadoodle, hope you have a peaceful, pain free night. wub.gifwub.gif

Dear Lord, please let Tripps surgery go well and keep him safe in your loving arms, amen.

• Like 1

Thank The Lord, LOOK at this picture!! Tripp smiled................and he had a good night. :yahoo: I only hope his surgery is easy and not as bad as it could be!

Prayers, prayers, prayers :wub:

Tripp Halstead Updates

4 minutes ago via mobile.

Stacy: I walked in this morning at 5:45am and the very first thing the nurse told me was that he smiled!!! She had tears in her eyes. So I went in the room and the first thing mom told me was that he smiled!!! She was crying, so I told Tripp good morning and then took this picture (just posted) while I had tears running down my face!! It is the closest thing we have seen to him being happy in over 4 long months. So now he is having his MRI done and I am in the waiting area. It should take an hour, then headed to surgery. I pray that they only see bacteria on his evd drains, then we can remove and replace. We will know soon. I wanted to share his first smile with all of you!!! Thank you so much for all your prayers and positive thoughts. I am so excited for today. Things are going to be ok. Love you all. And he slept great last night.

Tripp Halstead Updates

16 minutes ago.

What I saw at 6:00 this morning...a SMILE!!!!!!!

156023_427928633952028_391413195_n.jpg

• Like 1

Thank Lord, LOOK at this picture!! Tripp smiled................and he had a good night. I only hope his surgery is easy and not as bad as it could be!

Tripp Halstead Updates

Stacy: I walked in this morning at 5:45am and the very first thing the nurse told me was that he smiled!!! She had tears in her eyes. So I went in the room and the first thing mom told me was that he smiled!!! She was crying, so I told Tripp good morning and then took this picture (just posted) while I had tears running down my face!! It is the closest thing we have seen to him being happy in over 4 long months. So now he is having his MRI done and I am in the waiting area. It should take an hour, then headed to surgery. I pray that they only see bacteria on his evd drains, then we can remove and replace. We will know soon. I wanted to share his first smile with all of you!!! Thank you so much for all your prayers and positive thoughts. I am so excited for today. Things are going to be ok. Love you all. And he slept great last night.

Tripp Halstead Updates

16 minutes ago.

I've been following Tripp on facebook since they started the page the day after it happened........been a lot of ups and downs but I never gave up.....Been keeping this child in my prayers several times a day and this morning when I saw this on facebook ...I shed tears of JOY.......this thrills my soul......

• Like 1

Prayers said.

Tripp Halstead Updates

28 minutes ago via mobile.

Stacy: Tripp is in surgery now. They think the best thing for today is just replacing the two EVD drains. So that is what we were hoping for. Thank you for your prayers.

Thank The Lord, LOOK at this picture!! Tripp smiled................and he had a good night. :yahoo: I only hope his surgery is easy and not as bad as it could be!

Prayers, prayers, prayers :wub:

Tripp Halstead Updates

Tripp Halstead Updates

16 minutes ago.

I am crying happy tears, how beautiful is that smile! yahoo.gifwub.gif

Tripp is out of surgery :clapping:

Tripp Halstead Updates

Stacy: Tripp is out of surgery and fine. He is still in recovery and they are trying to bring his temp back up. He is cold. Then they will bring him to me. Thank you for your prayers.