Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
kim5460

Paulding County Tying up 911 lines...

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. —

A post circulating on Facebook is tying up dispatchers at Paulding County's 911 call center.

The post that's being shared and reposted over and over urges people to dial 112 to verify police stops if they fear they're being pulled over by a police impersonator.

Dispatchers and a sheriff's office spokesperson told Channel 2's Carl Willis that it's having real-life effects and jamming up emergency operators.

"Basically, it's tying everyone up," said Paulding County sheriff's Cpl. Ashley Henson.

Read the rest of the story here: Facebook posting tied to jam-up of 112 calls- WSBTV.COM

People never cease to amaze me with their ability to do and believe the most stupid things.

I know right. It doesn't take a janitor to know the stupid sheeze on Facebook. I see friends post this crap daily.

So clue me in...how's it gumming up the works? What happens when you dial 112? OK, read the story, got my answer to that. Are there really that many morons who feel they are being pulled over by police impersonators?

Now I am confused.

If I am in trouble, do I dial 911 or 112?

Someone give me the 411.

I think the whole system is going to 1134.

(for those who don't know what 1134 is, punch it in a calculator and then turn the calcalator upside down)

(that was one of the 1st things we learned on the old Texas Instruments calaculators back in 1975 or so, which by the way cost $100 a piece)

Now I am confused.

If I am in trouble, do I dial 911 or 112?

Someone give me the 411.

I think the whole system is going to 1134.

(for those who don't know what 1134 is, punch it in a calculator and then turn the calcalator upside down)

(that was one of the 1st things we learned on the old Texas Instruments calaculators back in 1975 or so, which by the way cost $100 a piece)

Do you know 5318008? If not I'd be very disappointed in you stradial.

Edited by NinaBritt

Do you know 5318008? If not I'd be very disappointed in you stradial.

I'm guessing he does. :D

Oh, and just for deewee:

Edited by mei lan

Several residences around the country hate you, too. :D

I think many people in the country who had that number had to have it changed or disconnected. To this day people will still try calling that number though.

867-5309/Jenny

911 in Paulding is either always busy or you have to call 10 times for them to answer already as it is.

Just another reason I HATE FB and will N-E-V-E-R have an account.I run into enough stupid people on a daily basis without courting them on an idiotic web site.

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 1

Just another reason to I HATE FB and will N-E-V-E-R have an account.I run into enough stupid people on a daily basis without courting them on an idiotic web site.

^5

There were 142 Arabs fighting 154 Mexicans over 69 barrells of oil (14215469)

and they fought for 5 years (multiplied by 5)

and who won?

Shell Oil?

911 in Paulding is either always busy or you have to call 10 times for them to answer already as it is.

Same thing with the Suicide Hotline, or when they do answer they place you on Hold...

The one and only time I have called 911 in Paulding it was busy. Sounds like they have bigger problems than a Facebook post circulating wrong info. I went to the sheriff's office the next day to let them know. The very nice lady gave me a business card and let me know that it had a back number to the sheriff's office in case it happened again. That was either 2007 or 2008.

The way the article is written, you don't find out what's really going on until near the end:

In Europe, 211 is the equivalent of our 911. Some cell phone providers in the US automatically send 211 calls to 911.

People are calling 211 as a test to see if it will really connect them with someone who can tell them if they are being pulled over by a real cop. They have no idea that they are actually being transferred to 911 until the call is answered.

The posting probably started in Europe where it's a legitimate set of instructions.