Paulding.com

Economic forecast: More jobs, faster growth

Pop corn is done, beer is opened....Let the games begin. :rofl:

Have fun, gfh! clapping.gif

I prefer to see the economy improving. drinks.gif

And the wheels on the propaganda bus go round and round, round and round.

And, the crane is on it's stable feet, because it's comfortable in one spot. It conserves more energy that way. drinks.gif

I hope and pray this report proves to be true in Paulding County.

In just the past week I have had a friend be laid off from his job and my oldest son's employer laid off part of their staff and cut the remaining employees 1 day a week. My son car pooled with 2 others. 1 was laid off and 1 got Mondays off, resulting in my son driving back and forth alone on Mondays and not working on Wednesdays.

Our region really needs to see new jobs created.

I lost my job in June. I apply for jobs every day and go to unemployment once a month to check in. When I went today, they asked if I have had any interviews in the last month. When I said no, she replied that it did not surprise her because the jobs just weren't out there. She told me that she gets mad everytime she see one of those reports stating that the job market is getting better because it is a fairytale told by politicians. She was the third person at the unemployment office to tell me this same thing.

You just can't believe everything you read or hear.

• Like 2

I lost my job in June. I apply for jobs every day and go to unemployment once a month to check in. When I went today, they asked if I have had any interviews in the last month. When I said no, she replied that it did not surprise her because the jobs just weren't out there. She told me that she gets mad everytime she see one of those reports stating that the job market is getting better because it is a fairytale told by politicians. She was the third person at the unemployment office to tell me this same thing.

You just can't believe everything you read or hear.

well you "can" but should you...

... Oh Who Am I kidding we all know npr and MSNBC would never give us anything but the whole entire unadulterated unbiased unskewed truth!!

We'd all do ourselves a favor by not opening these threads. I'm outta this one.

Yeah, but it's like a car accident...you can't help but look as you pass by. :mellow:

well you "can" but should you...

... Oh Who Am I kidding we all know npr and MSNBC would never give us anything but the whole entire unadulterated unbiased unskewed truth!!

Yep, MSNBC, NPR, and ZC's PhD employees are the only ones I trust for accurate information.

It is time to let her rot on the vine. Stop opening and commenting on her posts. Hell, she doesn't even read the articles.

She also doesn't read people's post very often, inless it fits onto her argument. She usually just ignores them or gives you a "your ignorant, that's not what the experts say, you know nothing, please stay on topic your not discussing the issues" kind of response, and rarely ever giving her opinion on things. It's getting pretty damn old.

• Like 4

Yeah, but it's like a car accident...you can't help but look as you pass by. :mellow:

Yep, MSNBC, NPR, and ZC's PhD employees are the only ones I trust for accurate information.

Only this was not an MSNBC nor an NPR article.It was the US Today survey of economists.

Sweetie, you do realize that you're getting your economics lessons and reports from a website that has the "Miley Cyrus pops out of dress at pre-Grammy party" headline on the same page, right?

It's a newspaper that surveyed the economists.

I put these groups of 'economists' is a similar group to 'psychics'. If Psychics could tell the future why aren't they buying Lottery tickets and rich?

Groups of economists, similar to 'Scientists', often provide speculations slanting in favor of those who are funding their well-being.

I hope for this area"s future that it does. I have been unable to find work after getting laid off a year ago. Keep told I am over qualified and in a few instances told flat out by manager, he doesn't want to hire me because I have more expereience than he does. ??? As for my family, we unfortunately will be moving 500 miles away in a month for work. I am not the only one, but its amazing how many job phone interviews and actual job offers I get from the same exact companies from that distance and farther.

Edited by janko9

I put these groups of 'economists' is a similar group to 'psychics'. If Psychics could tell the future why aren't they buying Lottery tickets and rich?

Groups of economists, similar to 'Scientists', often provide speculations slanting in favor of those who are funding their well-being.

I will trust my own two eyes before i trust psychics, weathermen, and economists.

So at what point do you begin to live in reality and stop believing what people with an agenda want you to believe? Do you believe it's raining when you walk outside and feel rain, or do you believe it's raining when the weatherman tells you it's raining, even though you walk outside and it's dry?

awe thats so cute: thinking I dont find fox news equally slanted or trying to pander to me because you mistakenly beleive that I am a conservative...no really its charming!

So you just don't accept the information at all. OK. Is it because you can't refute it, don't like it, don't understand it, or it simply doesn't fit with what your ideas?

So can you provide the link that shows the economists are beholden to a certain political slant? Or is it that you simply don't like the information?

So at what point do you begin to live in reality and stop believing what people with an agenda want you to believe? Do you believe it's raining when you walk outside and feel rain, or do you believe it's raining when the weatherman tells you it's raining, even though you walk outside and it's dry?

At what point will you accept the information and stop refusing the facts because out doesn't fit your agenda? America has had more than 3 years of economic improvement but no one accepts it? At some point, the question has to be asked, "Why not?"

If you don't like the information because it makes the other political side look good, fine. But remember at some point, the same numbers will reverse and it won't look good economically. That is just how the numbers work. However, it had nothing to do with politics. I hope no one tries to bring up numbers then because I will remind them off this thread.

Edited by zoocrew

I hope for this area"s future that it does. I have been unable to find work after getting laid off a year ago. Keep told I am over qualified and in a few instances told flat out by manager, he doesn't want to hire me because I have more expereience than he does. ??? As for my family, we unfortunately will be moving 500 miles away in a month for work. I am not the only one, but its amazing how many job phone interviews and actual job offers I get from the same exact companies from that distance and farther.

Best of luck to you in the relocation and the employment endeavors!

At what point will you accept the information and stop refusing the facts because out doesn't fit your agenda? America has had more than 3 years of economic improvement but no one accepts it? At some point, the question has to be asked, "Why not?"

If you don't like the information because it makes the other political side look good, fine. But remember at some point, the same numbers will reverse and it won't look good economically. That is just how the numbers work. However, it had nothing to do with politics. I hope no one tries to bring up numbers then because I will remind them off this thread.

It not about refusing to accept the information or politics. Many of us here in Paulding County are hungry to hear our fellow neighbors say "I got a job". See for us that's what we are not hearing.

Sometimes it's just the messenger....get my drift.. :glare:

• Like 1

My agenda? My agenda is for the economy to ACTUALLY improve to the point where I, my family, and the people I know can actually feel it. I don't care who reports things are improving, I don't care if its NPR or Fox News, until I see it, it ain't happening.

• Like 1

My agenda? My agenda is for the economy to ACTUALLY improve to the point where I, my family, and the people I know can actually feel it. I don't care who reports things are improving, I don't care if its NPR or Fox News, until I see it, it ain't happening.

If you live in the Bible Belt, STRAWMAN, you are sheeze out of luck. The people there have to get Federal help, because they don't make enough money to pay Federal Taxes. drinks.gif