Paulding.com

Bill Allows GA Elem Schools to Have Firearms

Well at least they're taking a step to do away with those ridiculous 'gun free zones'. I'm not so sure how I feel about regular employees carrying a gun, even if they are required "to have five years of law enforcement experience and participate in a peace officer training course.". I think at least one armed law enforcement official placed at every public school would suffice. It's about time they start thinking about the protection of our young and innocent.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how a school board member carrying a gun will help individual schools if that is the direction they want to go in. A resource office in each school would seem like the way to go if they want protection for each school. If there is an incident at a local school, are you supposed to call the school beard and have the armed member rush to the school and then call 911? I don't understand the point.

Edited by momof 3

I'm not sure how a school board member carrying a gun will help individual schools if that is the direction they want to go in. A resource office in each school would seem like the way to go if they want protection for each school. If there is an incident at a local school, are you supposed to call the school beard and have the armed member rush to the school and then call 911? I don't understand the point.

What's a school beard? :drinks:

It's allowing "school board" in the sense of the actual decision makers.

Teachers, janitors, etc.are employees of the school board, which is what I think it is referencing.

"...allowing local school boards to decide whether to let elementary school employees carry guns on campus."

I'm not sure how they are going to find enough teachers or faculty that have five years of law enforcement experience.

I'm thinking the idea might be for the school board to hire current or retired law enforcement officers as a private security staff.

Edited by Nitro

What's a school beard? :drinks:

It's allowing "school board" in the sense of the actual decision makers.

Teachers, janitors, etc.are employees of the school board, which is what I think it is referencing.

"...allowing local school boards to decide whether to let elementary school employees carry guns on campus."

I'm not sure how they are going to find enough teachers or faculty that have five years of law enforcement experience.

I'm thinking the idea might be for the school board to hire current or retired law enforcement officers as a private security staff.

Bingo! This is a reasonable idea.

It is this nonsense that reminds me again how wonderful the boarding school option is for my sons.

Why? Because nothing violent or dangerous could ever happen at a boarding school? Do you know if the boarding school your children go to have armed security or not?

Let me give you a simple scenario. Let's say some mass shooting takes place at your son's school, and don't give me the crap about it will never happen, that's what they thought and Sandy Hook. The shooter walks into your son's classroom to start shooting up the students, before he can get to your son, an armed and trained law enforcement official that is on campus runs in the room and takes down the shooter, defending everyone else in the classroom. Are you going to tell me that that law enforcement official shouldn't have been there to defend your sons life because you think it's a bad, bad, bad idea??? If you say yes then I'm sorry but you are a sad excuse for a parent.

As for me, I would do anything for my son's protection. I just can't understand the thinking behind these people that oppose this.

Why? Because nothing violent or dangerous could ever happen at a boarding school? Do you know if the boarding school your children go to have armed security or not?

Let me give you a simple scenario. Let's say some mass shooting takes place at your son's school, and don't give me the crap about it will never happen, that's what they thought and Sandy Hook. The shooter walks into your son's classroom to start shooting up the students, before he can get to your son, an armed and trained law enforcement official that is on campus runs in the room and takes down the shooter, defending everyone else in the classroom. Are you going to tell me that that law enforcement official shouldn't have been there to defend your sons life because you think it's a bad, bad, bad idea??? If you say yes then I'm sorry but you are a sad excuse for a parent.

As for me, I would do anything for my son's protection. I just can't understand the thinking behind these people that oppose this.

Again, this post reminds me why I'm glad my children attend boarding school.

You're not even discussing the issue.

Please. Continue on.

It is this nonsense that reminds me again how wonderful the boarding school option is for my sons.

It's probably a good thing all the way around.

If your snot-nosed kids have the same superior attitude as you exhibit around here, they'd be coming home every day with an asswhuppin from the other kids.

• Like 1

Again, this post reminds me why I'm glad my children attend boarding school.

You're not even discussing the issue.

Please. Continue on.

You aren't discussing the issue either.

As usual, you respond to valid questions of your opinion with pointless responses. Are you capable of thinking for yourself and actually having a discussion without relying on numerous links? Do you even have an opinion that you are willing to share at all?

• Like 1

Takes the parenting right out of being a good parent huh.

Nothing bad ever happens at boarding schools.

They probably would prefer the boarding school over the other option. :glare:

Everytime I read your posts I think of the fat lady at the end of the Sweet Emotion video pretending to be someone she is not.

:good: :good: :clapping:

You aren't discussing the issue either.

As usual, you respond to valid questions of your opinion with pointless responses. Are you capable of thinking for yourself and actually having a discussion without relying on numerous links? Do you even have an opinion that you are willing to share at all?

No, I'm simply not discussing the issue at all. It should be prima facie as to why this is a bad idea. If it is not, there is nothing I will be able to say to convince you otherwise. I said it is a bad idea and won't discuss it any further because it would be pointless.

Way to answer the question. :glare:

Sorry, but your example is not what the proposed legislation addresses. Please. If you chose to discuss the issue, you should say on topic.

It's probably a good thing all the way around.

If your snot-nosed kids have the same superior attitude as you exhibit around here, they'd be coming home every day with an asswhuppin from the other kids.

There is the personal attack again. Notice, please, you have a habit of not being able to control your temper very well lately.

No, I'm simply not discussing the issue at all. It should be prima facie as to why this is a bad idea. If it is not, there is nothing I will be able to say to convince you otherwise. I said it is a bad idea and won't discuss it any further because it would be pointless.

Sorry, but your example is not what the proposed legislation addresses. Please. If you chose to discuss the issue, you should say on topic.

But you said "No, I'm simply not discussing the issue at all. "

VERY good idea. Then again, my hometown experimented with this in the early 90s while I was in my middle/high school yrs and still do it to this day. Worked out VERY well.

Edited by janko9

And I've not discussed the issue. I simply pointed out that the person's statement wasn't even on the topic of the proposed legislation.

Then your posts add nothing to the discussion. Why even start the topic if you refuse to participate?

Edited by cptlo306

Then your posts add nothing to the discussion.

And who said I was trying to add to the discussion? I simply made a statement in response to the person who asked me about a scenario, a scenario that it is not even about the topic.

Why even start the topic if you refuse to participate?

I wasn't aware there is rule against it.

Edited by zoocrew

And who said I was trying to add to the discussion? I simply made a statement in response to the person who asked me about a scenario, a scenario that it is not even about the topic.

Okay forget the scenario.

I would like to know your reasons on why you think this legislation that is being proposed is a bad idea. I'm being totally genuine.

1360449931[/url]' post='3765987']

ZC is not sure what to say because there is not an NPR article to guide her/him.