Paulding.com

resturant

Hubby and I went Thursday night. He had the brisket with slaw & stew. I had the chopped pork with beans & onion rings.

My pork was very good. Liked the choice of sauces. I did a mixture of Vinegar base & Sweet.

Hubby's brisket was excellent!

Beans were nothing special... rather mushy actually.

I tried hubby's slaw and, while I'm not normally a fan of it, HH's is the best I have had in a long time!!

We'll definitely go back and try the ribs next time!

I had some take-out from there. The pulled pork sandwiches were loaded with meat, fries were thick and home cut good. The stew was not a thick stew and could use more meat but, was very tasty. The only problem is they left out the sauce I ordered. I will go back for sure. I am curious to try the ribs.

• 2 months later...

Never order 2 hot dogs either.... .you won't get 2.. We have been several times after church... every single time we have been 2 people ordered that and every.single.time they only get 1 hot dog. After the first time they held up fingers....and repeated 2 HOT DOGS...and then asked...do you understand I want 2 hot dogs... umm yeah... guess what... they was given 1 hot dog.. No lie. We have laughed about it now...but when you don't get what you order.... then you stop going.

Guard Dad,,,you lucked out. I really do try to patron local business, but this place blew it. I didn't order ribs at a Bar B Q place just so it could be microwaved. They need Chef Ramsey...SHAME on them for doing that!!! There's no excuse. I consider my $16 a donation, since I did not, by any means, get what was advertised and expected.

I never give bad write ups about local restaurants, but this one took the cake and plate. Honest people, it was refrigerator COLD and terrible. I hope they get their act together or I see a for rent sign in the future. SMH.

Once again--don't get the ribs. I only know about their ribs, I can't say anything about the other items on their menu and I will not go back to find out either.

Edited by pauldingresident1
  • Like 1

Remember...anytime a new restaurant opens, they have crew to train and procedures to work out. So it's not uncommon to have some problems at first. Hopefully the folks in the area will give them a chance to work things out.

Remember...anytime a new restaurant opens, they have crew to train and procedures to work out. So it's not uncommon to have some problems at first. Hopefully the folks in the area will give them a chance to work things out.

I agree with you Guard Dad, but this place is not "new". This thread was started Feb. 13th so they've had at least two months to get the kinks out. And, some of the complaints in this thread should have been corrected within the first couple of weeks at the very least - if should have ever been a problem at all.

I have not tried this place for personal reasons but I do hope they get their act together. I hate for any home owned business not to succeed.

I go there on a regular basis,it has always been good.I know you can not please everyone but for the most part has been very good.I order wings from there and they have catered several of my events. Stop by and talk to Charles the owner,he might not be aware of some of these issues.:mellow:

I have not had the chance to try it out yet. I do not know if you ate in or did take out ,but please keep in mind if you place a phone order/pick up order (if they do those there) and you wait longer then what you where told to come pick it up ,ugh yea stuff isn't going to be hot off the grill/smokers. I have worked at a small bbq place for 2 years now ,and we are supposed to have the food out in 10 min. or less depending on if busy or not. I don't know if they are trying to follow a rule like that ,and its bitten them in the butt. If there is this many complaints though just from people here then there has to be a problem. I hope they do get it figured out.

Is this place where a BBQ restaurant that replaced a BBQ restaurant where a BBQ restaurant used to be?

yep, that's the one. I went to the chicken world and just the name almost did not allow me to walk in the door.(I do not care for chicken much ) but as my hubby and I pondered about going in I told him that I will walk out if it is all chicken, so we agreed to go in and I ordered the the BBQ sandwich. It was delish! Took me back many years ago to when we would go to Powder Springs on Friday night and have a great BBQ sandwich.Glad it is back around and the last few times that I have been to Powder Springs, it has not been good and do not order thier ribs neither.

• Like 1

Is this place where a BBQ restaurant that replaced a BBQ restaurant where a BBQ restaurant used to be?

I've lost count. This is the 4th or maybe 5th BBQ business in this same building. Wasn't it a bank or loan company years ago? Then HHH was first BBQ place? Then something else? Then Rodney's? Then Benson's? Now Happy Hog?

Edited by mojo413

I haven't had enough money to eat out anywhere, but I've been wanting to check this out as soon as I can afford.

I've lost count. This is the 4th or maybe 5th BBQ business in this same building. Wasn't it a bank or loan company years ago? Then HHH was first BBQ place? Then something else? Then Rodney's? Then Benson's? Now Happy Hog?

I know its been a bank, hot dog place, HHH Bbq, rodneys, Benson's now happy hawg. I think it might have been something else between the hot dog place and HHH Bbq.

yep, that's the one. I went to the chicken world and just the name almost did not allow me to walk in the door.(I do not care for chicken much ) but as my hubby and I pondered about going in I told him that I will walk out if it is all chicken, so we agreed to go in and I ordered the the BBQ sandwich. It was delish! Took me back many years ago to when we would go to Powder Springs on Friday night and have a great BBQ sandwich.Glad it is back around and the last few times that I have been to Powder Springs, it has not been good and do not order thier ribs neither.

There is a reason you thought about the bbq from Powder Springs. The son of the BBQ place is the owner of chicken place. :)