Paulding.com

New BBQ restaurant

Don't care for it at all.

Been there 3 times and not happy with any of it except the fried pickles....they are really good but the other stuff is not.

And they have now decided not to open for breakfast. I think that is a big mistake (JMHO).

I wish them success, but probably will not go back myself.

• Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree.   We need a Sweet Tomatoes over here. Closest one is Barrett Pkwy, that's not close enough.

I want to open a BBQ place but I want to cook mine on a Green Egg. Much different.

Hi! The new owner is Charles Lamb, who also owns the one at New Ga. and yes, I was fortunate to get to stay. thanks for asking ! Wayne

My daughter and I just ate there tonight. I was so glad that it opened as it's an easy drive from my house. All the employees tonight were so nice. We got our order quickly. I had the BBQ salad and my daughter had a BBQ sandwich and onion rings. We so wanted to enjoy the food but it was just not good. The BBQ on my salad had no flavor, was mushy like it had been watered down, and left a weird feel in my mouth. They gave me lots of tasteless tomatoes. My daughter said her sandwich was just ok. The only thing that was really, really good were the onion rings. We are so disappointed and won't be going there again. :(

Glad you liked the rings, and Very sorry you didn't enjoy the BBQ or the tomatoes and won't be back. We do appreciate you giving us a try!

HHH

Hubby and I went back Thursday night. I had the ribs & pork combo. FAB pork as before... so-so ribs. Not much flavor. Needed salt.

He had the brisket again and almost licked the tray.

Slaw was awesome.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you!'

HHH

Glad to hear the good reviews and I wish them well. It is difficult to survive in today's economy especially just opening up as a new business. I am sure it will help that he has a following from his other locations.

But, we will stick with "Alabama" BBQ and continue to frequent Jim 'n Nicks for BBQ and coconut pie. YUMMMMMM.

Thanks for the good wishes! Sorry we wont be seeing you, DD and the family, but different folks prefer different BBQ, and theres room for everyone.

Hope y'all are doing well

HHHiram

What kind of sauce do they use.......tomato or mustard base? Do they put the sauce on after the meat has been cooked or while it is cooking. No one or place has touched bar-b-q like South Carolina low country. Pulled, sauced as cooked and mustard base. Sonny's cooked meat and poured on sauce and called it bar-b-q. Not.

It's so funny to me how seriously southerners take their BBQ. Comparable to how serious northerners are about their pizza, I suppose. I'm curious to know how many barbecue restaurants there are in Paulding County vs Mexican restaurants.

At the moment, we have more Southerners than Mexicans. That total is subject to change if one or two construction projects get going.8)

What kind of sauce do they use.......tomato or mustard base? Do they put the sauce on after the meat has been cooked or while it is cooking. No one or place has touched bar-b-q like South Carolina low country. Pulled, sauced as cooked and mustard base. Sonny's cooked meat and poured on sauce and called it bar-b-q. Not.

I agree... SW Georgia does it SC style. I WISH someone up here would cook it this way.

Actually Happy Hawg Hiram has three: a Mississippi sweet, a vinegar based and a Carolina mustard gold... and we, like most BBQ houses in the area put no sauce on the meat prior to serving, giving the sauce option to the guest.

but you make a great point. BBQ is very different based on geography. From Kansas City to Charlotte..

Love Happy Hawg. Their Ranch dressing is awesome!! Their ribs are so tender. Their Hickory Potato is HUGE! Of.course we have been to every store Charles has owned/ worked! Even drove to Daytona!!

Did someone say ranch dressing??

I swear, I will become a regular of any restaurant that has awesome homemade ranch dressing. Birdies had awesome ranch dressing.

Love Happy Hawg. Their Ranch dressing is awesome!! Their ribs are so tender. Their Hickory Potato is HUGE! Of.course we have been to every store Charles has owned/ worked! Even drove to Daytona!!

A big THANK YOU from Charles!

A big THANK YOU from Charles!

Tell Charles he can thank me when he starts selling boiled peanuts again!

I swear, I will become a regular of any restaurant that has awesome homemade ranch dressing. Birdies had awesome ranch dressing.

O.M.G it's sooooo good. I will go by there to just buy the ranch!

Anything has to be better & cheaper than J&N the last few times we've are there we said we won't go back but we always find our way back maybe well check this place out and won't have To go back to j&N

We haven't been back to J&N since we found a chicken bone in our nachos. EW!!!

I found a piece of bone and a glob of black vein looking stuff in a chicken salad sandwich at J&N.

Haven't been back since.

I do (did) like their chili though.

Yeah, the bone-in-the-nachos incident ruined it for us for good. We'll never, ever go back. Almost lost my cookies on that one. Loved it up until then, but that was just grosser that gross!

I read a comment a few hrs ago where TopChef referenced me, DD and my family and said he hoped we were doing well. (Or something to that effect) I didn't get a chance to answer and now the comment is no longer here but I will respond: We are doing great and are Blessed each and every day we wake to take a breath and our feet hit the floor!! :)

In looking over this thread there appears to be several missing comments??

A

Have you tried merles's BBQ on 61? They have the most delicious homemade ranch dressing (and their food is good too)

• Like 1

The BBQ is really great. Went last night and used a credit card. I was told I could not add a tip. WTH? No one carries cash anymore. I felt bad that I could not leave a tip. Maybe they should put a sign up making patrons aware of this. Not really fare to the waitress. I will go back but I will make sure I have some cash for a tip next time

We have received (finally) our ATM software so we have addressed that issue. You can now use our ATM at the counter. Really appreciate your support!

Can we now leave a tip on the credit card or only get cash at the Counter ATM?

Reason I ask is that I always tip on my credit card and never use an ATM.