Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Blondiega1

Okay my P.com Peeps.......

I have been looking and looking and search the web for a desk I like and I'm just not having a lot of luck finding what I want, so I'm turning to my P.com peeps for suggestions.

I'm looking for one like the pic below.

Ideally it would have shelves on the front side so maybe I could set some pictures on it.

I've already been to furniture stores, office depot, office max, staples, no luck.

And the office supply place that advertises on here is only open Mon-Fri till 5pm which makes it REALLY hard to get by there.

And I asked him before and he never sent me back any pictures.

So ideas on where else to look?

desk.jpg

Woodstock Furniture Outlet maybe?

I think the style of desk you speak of is the "hutch" type.

(pic is for reference not an indication of what they have)

69588549_1-Pictures-of-Home-office-furnitue-Secretary-Desk-Hutch.jpg

Edited by Riptides

PM sent. Google 'Modular Office Furniture'. You can pick and choose anything you like, and order it online,,, is PAPI handy with a screw driver????

Hon makes awesome office furniture, I have a couple of their desks and credenzas, one with a hutch.

desks

They actually have a plant in Cedartown, not sure what they make there but it's almost local...........made in the USA.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

I love that style of desk. I used to have one like it years ago, I gave it away when I moved from my old house to here. I actually gave it to NC-17.

It was one heavy, solid piece of furniture.

I had my monitor on the lower level and did my paperwork on the regular desk. It was great!

Hope you can find one.

Woodstock Furniture Outlet maybe?

I think the style of desk you speak of is the "hutch" type.

(pic is for reference not an indication of what they have)

69588549_1-Pictures-of-Home-office-furnitue-Secretary-Desk-Hutch.jpg

Thanks but don't want a hutch. Already checkout Woodstock. No dice.

PM sent. Google 'Modular Office Furniture'. You can pick and choose anything you like, and order it online,,, is PAPI handy with a screw driver????

He is. I'll google it.

Hon makes awesome office furniture, I have a couple of their desks and credenzas, one with a hutch.

desks

They actually have a plant in Cedartown, not sure what they make there but it's almost local...........made in the USA.

I'll check them out thanks!

I love that style of desk. I used to have one like it years ago, I gave it away when I moved from my old house to here. I actually gave it to NC-17.

It was one heavy, solid piece of furniture.

I had my monitor on the lower level and did my paperwork on the regular desk. It was great!

Hope you can find one.

Thanks! Me too!

If you search L shaped desk at amazon lots and lots of choices come up.

I know there's an office furniture dealer that advertised on Craigs List but I've never been there so I don't know if they would have anything like you're looking for or not.

Google L shaped desk and choose images or shopping.

I have been looking and looking and search the web for a desk I like and I'm just not having a lot of luck finding what I want, so I'm turning to my P.com peeps for suggestions.

I'm looking for one like the pic below.

Ideally it would have shelves on the front side so maybe I could set some pictures on it.

I've already been to furniture stores, office depot, office max, staples, no luck.

And the office supply place that advertises on here is only open Mon-Fri till 5pm which makes it REALLY hard to get by there.

And I asked him before and he never sent me back any pictures.

So ideas on where else to look?

desk.jpg

I have a similar set up. I like the extra space of the "L" desk. What I don't like is the difference in height. That lower desk kills my back if I spend too much time working on it. I have a desk top on the big desk and usually set my lap top on the short desk. Don't know if they offer them at the same height, but I will check it out if I ever buy another.

If you search L shaped desk at amazon lots and lots of choices come up.

I know there's an office furniture dealer that advertised on Craigs List but I've never been there so I don't know if they would have anything like you're looking for or not.

Google L shaped desk and choose images or shopping.

Thanks. I have been like crazy!

Already looked at Amazon.

Checking Overstocked.com now.

Thanks. I have been like crazy!

Already looked at Amazon.

Checking Overstocked.com now.

Try www.k-log.com , we haven't bought direct from them but when we bought our office building they left a desk and their info is on it. High priced but we were impressed with the quality of the desk.

I have a similar set up. I like the extra space of the "L" desk. What I don't like is the difference in height. That lower desk kills my back if I spend too much time working on it. I have a desk top on the big desk and usually set my lap top on the short desk. Don't know if they offer them at the same height, but I will check it out if I ever buy another.

Here's a link to Google images for L shaped desks. Look how many have both sections the same height:

https://www.google.com/search?q=L+shaped+desk&hl=en&tbo=d&rlz=1T4ADRA_enUS458US463&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Q-wCUfiSDIS09QTlq4CQAQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=561

Try www.k-log.com , we haven't bought direct from them but when we bought our office building they left a desk and their info is on it. High priced but we were impressed with the quality of the desk.

Thanks

might also want to search "reception desks" those have a higher shelf on the back of desk but not the hutch style you don't want. And they typically have a left or right return desk.

Good luck!

desks

HON is a Wholesaler which only sells to Furniture Dealers, much like the Office Furniture company I work for. I deal with Furniture Dealers all day, everyday. Let me know if you cant find exactly what you are looking for online and I can refer you to some incredible dealers!

Thanks

In my experience, a lower extension is much easier if you are going to be doing a lot of typing, that part of the desk is designed to make typing easier. If on the other hand you don't do a lot of typing it works as a better work station. Also if you aren't 6 feet tall, the lower platform is much easier to set the computer on. You won't need a keyboard drawer.

Having typed on typewriters for many years, this is why those extensions were designed to be lower. Most times you can purchase them either way.

Edited by tundra

Trust me. I've looked. :lol:

I'm beginning to think what I want doesn't exist!

You may be right, and if you do find one it will probably cost a fortune.

Mine was given to me sometime around 1994 and she had had it for a few years. She actually got it from her work.

It took 3 grown men to move it up the stairs and into the extra room I had.

But I loved that desk. It was solid wood and even had a center drawer on the actual desk part.

Like I said, I used the lower section (which also had drawers) to put my computer screen and keyboard on and it fit just right. I did my work on the desk part and it was the right height.

When I got my new desk when we moved here in '05 I looked for the same type and couldn't find one then. I have an L-shaped, but they are the same height.

I hope you got the help you were looking for, cause I got nothing.

:unknw:

Oh, darlin', you do have somethin'! Just not desk info. ;)

:D

Edited to add - Blondie, update us when you find something. I'm picky like that, too. I LOVE the lower part.

Edited by mei lan

You may be right, and if you do find one it will probably cost a fortune.

Mine was given to me sometime around 1994 and she had had it for a few years. She actually got it from her work.

It took 3 grown men to move it up the stairs and into the extra room I had.

But I loved that desk. It was solid wood and even had a center drawer on the actual desk part.

Like I said, I used the lower section (which also had drawers) to put my computer screen and keyboard on and it fit just right. I did my work on the desk part and it was the right height.

When I got my new desk when we moved here in '05 I looked for the same type and couldn't find one then. I have an L-shaped, but they are the same height.

Just have to keep saving my money and keep looking till I find what I want!

I spend 40+ hrs a week at this desk so I want what I want!

:)

Edited to add - Blondie, update us when you find something. I'm picky like that, too. I LOVE the lower part.

We'll do. May be awhile. I got a lead from PaxilPapi that looks promising.

:rofl: That was good!

:good:

I can't believe no one has suggested A&M ... Every time I've been there they've had a great selection at great prices ... I mean like they'll save you big $$$ ...

Banner Ad: [flash=728,90]http://www.paulding.com/directory/images/banner/amoffice.swf

Directory Ad: [flash=728,304]http://www.paulding.com/directory/images/dir/amoffice.swf

find what you want and send them a picture of what you want and see what they come up with.

pubby

My current desk is similar to this.

I've got the Mother ship with the keyboard and 3 monitors, plus my lap top on the "desk" part.

Then on the "return" is my phone, desk lamp, pen caddy, post it caddy, my printer and of course my ever so necessary picture of my Papi!

Working from home, I need a BIG desk that will hold all 3 monitors, keyboard, mouse, laptop, printer and accessories!

I can't believe no one has suggested A&M ... Every time I've been there they've had a great selection at great prices ... I mean like they'll save you big $$$ ...

Banner Ad: [flash=728,90]http://www.paulding.com/directory/images/banner/amoffice.swf

Directory Ad: [flash=728,304]http://www.paulding.com/directory/images/dir/amoffice.swf

find what you want and send them a picture of what you want and see what they come up with.

pubby

I'd like to get by there and look, but he's only open Mon-Fri till 5pm.

Makes it hard when you work all week.

Never understood a retailer that doesn't open at least PART of the day on a Saturday.

You'd think that'd be their busiest time!

Just have to keep saving my money and keep looking till I find what I want!

I spend 40+ hrs a week at this desk so I want what I want!

:)

We'll do. May be awhile. I got a lead from PaxilPapi that looks promising.

Where did you get the pic you posted?

What are the must haves?

What is it about those you've seen that you don't like?

My desk at the office is similar but the return is same height as the desk with sliding keyboard tray. Work surface of desk measures roughly 29" x 65", return is approx 23" x 44" & attaches to the desk. I have a 24" & 17" monitor on the return side of mine. Each section has 3 drawers on each end, one small, one medium and one file drawer, and of course it has the locking drawer and slide out extension common to most desks. Solid wood with brass hardware. The work surface is laminated. The plate in the drawer says Indiana Desk.

It's a nice piece of furniture...don't know where it was purchased but I can ask when everyone returns to work Monday.

Where did you get the pic you posted?

What are the must haves?

What is it about those you've seen that you don't like?

Pic came from google image search.

Desk part needs to be at least 6 ft long and 3 ft wide.

The return/ peninsula/ "L" need to be on left Side and at least 5 ft long and 2.5 ft wide.

Ideally the return would have circular shape on the end as that's where my printer sits.

The return is against a wall but the desk faces out into the room so some small shelves on front of desk under the work surface, would be nice to set some pictures on. I prefer dark wood color like cherry but not mahogoney.

The ones I've seen so far I'm afraid wont be big enough or are more than I wanted to spend.

I'm hoping for under $1000.

My desk at the office is similar but the return is same height as the desk with sliding keyboard tray. Work surface of desk measures roughly 29" x 65", return is approx 23" x 44" & attaches to the desk. I have a 24" & 17" monitor on the return side of mine. Each section has 3 drawers on each end, one small, one medium and one file drawer, and of course it has the locking drawer and slide out extension common to most desks. Solid wood with brass hardware. The work surface is laminated. The plate in the drawer says Indiana Desk.

It's a nice piece of furniture...don't know where it was purchased but I can ask when everyone returns to work Monday.

Let me know if you find out.

Edited by Blondiega1

Gurl, you know how nosey I am, so I started looking.

I went to a bunch of sites, from $600 to over $2000 and nothing.

Plenty of L-Shaped with a left return, but they're all the same height.

You may have to settle for that, like I did. I think I got mine at Staples.

Pic came from google image search.

When you click on the image does it go to a website that gives you any clues about the company that made it, etc.?

When you click on the image does it go to a website that gives you any clues about the company that made it, etc.?

Yes but the sites look "sketchy" at best.

I'm picky about who I order from online.

Gurl, you know how nosey I am, so I started looking.

I went to a bunch of sites, from $600 to over $2000 and nothing.

Plenty of L-Shaped with a left return, but they're all the same height.

You may have to settle for that, like I did. I think I got mine at Staples.

I hate to settled, but this desk is literally falling apart.

So I'm looking hard and heavy.

My current desk is similar to this.

I've got the Mother ship with the keyboard and 3 monitors, plus my lap top on the "desk" part.

Then on the "return" is my phone, desk lamp, pen caddy, post it caddy, my printer and of course my ever so necessary picture of my Papi!

Working from home, I need a BIG desk that will hold all 3 monitors, keyboard, mouse, laptop, printer and accessories!

Never understood a retailer that doesn't open at least PART of the day on a Saturday.

You'd think that'd be their busiest time!

They ship most of their inventory, it is truly a warehouse where they store inventory until it sells and ships. Call and ask for Arleigh, ask her if someone can stay late to let you shop. I love it there, So much cool stuff.

Did you go to woodstock outlet in Acworth? They have a little more of a selection.

I'll check them out.

Have you tried taking a gander at Newegg? <-- Link to their desks.

Thanks! I'll look!

They ship most of their inventory, it is truly a warehouse where they store inventory until it sells and ships. Call and ask for Arleigh, ask her if someone can stay late to let you shop. I love it there, So much cool stuff.

I guess I could ask.

Hate to make them stay and then I don't find anything.

Have you tried IKEA at Atlanta Station? I can't guarentee it - but I swear that I've seen something like it. I have exactly what you are looking for minus the rounded end - my daddy built it for me right before my youngest was born. :)! And, no, it's not for sale.

Have you tried IKEA at Atlanta Station? I can't guarentee it - but I swear that I've seen something like it. I have exactly what you are looking for minus the rounded end - my daddy built it for me right before my youngest was born. :)! And, no, it's not for sale.

Been to ikea didn't find anything.

Have you looked at BigLots? I bought mine there about 10-12 years ago at the one in Austell before the Dallas store carried furniture. I was looking for a hutch style and couldn't find one anywhere else at the time.

Dave and I have one to sell ( without shelves ) that is heavy duty, same height both pieces I will try to send you pix!!

Wasn't that in your first post?