Paulding.com

I thought that there was a rule against name calling....

When I talk to Momof3 or NC and call them a name they know I'm playing with them and I'm pretty sure the mods know this as well. I don't do name calling in a hateful way, that is beneth me. Hold up, I'm fond of dumbass, but then again, I use that in a fun way as well, so no that wouldn't be in a hateful way neither.

If I was to be hateful, it would be a string of cuss words. That's more me. That is a sign that I'm am angry.

And that is the difference here. When you call me a biotch or whatever, I know the context in which it's meant and I laugh at it. But when you have someone who is vehemently trying to make a point and either begins or ends their nasty post with , 'you ignorant fool' or 'you stupid idiot', that's unacceptable, especially when the rules state so clearly that you're not supposed to do it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little name calling is good for the soul, especially when I'm behind some stupid idiot on the highway!

Maybe I'm wrong, but according to the rules of Pcom, you aren't supposed to call people names.   1. Discussions and comments should be civil and specific to the issue at hand (as opposed to directe

Posted Images

So....whenever someone calls me a name and likewise whenever I call someone a name I should report it? Mods.....you gonna be real busy.

All kidding aside, I just thought there just was very limited moderation. For whatever reason.

The economy ya know......... :lol:

Here are some things remember you dogs?

... except for you yellow jackets but what if I called you a hog? Woooooo Pig Suieeeeeeeeeeee. Razorbacks :)

We know people who know each other can use weird, wild or strange kinds of names. Statements like Hello liberal; did you know that all liberals are ??? (or conservatives) ... might be an insult but we generally do require specificity in the insult. The general and vague is not actionable.

You are an ass and the lowest human being on the face of the earth and I hope worms are crawling up your gullet as we speak ... is about where we get interested. Most of the real zingers though refer to a specific vulnerability of a person.

Pet names and fun names abound and if we're not in on the joke, we could nail someone innocently.

that's why we need reports; presumably reports from people who are knowledgeable of the dynamic of the situation.

pubby

When I talk to Momof3 or NC and call them a name they know I'm playing with them and I'm pretty sure the mods know this as well. I don't do name calling in a hateful way, that is beneth me. Hold up, I'm fond of dumbass, but then again, I use that in a fun way as well, so no that wouldn't be in a hateful way neither.

If I was to be hateful, it would be a string of cuss words. That's more me. That is a sign that I'm am angry.

What about if your call yourself a name? :pardon:

I'm totally a pothole most of the time.

Here are some things remember you dogs?

... except for you yellow jackets but what if I called you a hog? Woooooo Pig Suieeeeeeeeeeee. Razorbacks :)

We know people who know each other can use weird, wild or strange kinds of names. Statements like Hello liberal; did you know that all liberals are ??? (or conservatives) ... might be an insult but we generally do require specificity in the insult. The general and vague is not actionable.

You are an ass and the lowest human being on the face of the earth and I hope worms are crawling up your gullet as we speak ... is about where we get interested. Most of the real zingers though refer to a specific vulnerability of a person.

Pet names and fun names abound and if we're not in on the joke, we could nail someone innocently.

that's why we need reports; presumably reports from people who are knowledgeable of the dynamic of the situation.

pubby

i was once nailed 'innocently'. talk about a boring waste of time!!!! :mellow:

Why do threads have to be run into the ground? Bottom line, you can figure out this thread, just don't do it. You all are adults, know right from wrong. Don't name call out of anger. Playing is one thing, heated is another,

Agreed.

Pubby called me a dolt in the MLK thread.

Of course he was calling a lot of people dolts, but I was one of em.

I had never been called a dolt before, been called a lot of things, but never a dolt, so I looked it up.

DOLT

Noun

A stupid person.

Synonyms

fool - blockhead - dunce - simpleton - booby - loggerhead

Not the worst I have been called.

I am putting this word in my arsenal, I like it.

Edited by stradial
  • Like 1

I had never been called a dolt before, been called a lot of things, but never a dolt, so I looked it up.

DOLT

Noun

A stupid person.

Synonyms

You may have just taught TP a new word. :ph34r:

Maybe I'm wrong, but according to the rules of Pcom, you aren't supposed to call people names.

1. Discussions and comments should be civil and specific to the issue at hand (as opposed to directed towards an individual member). Please refrain from vulgarity, libel, name-calling, and gratuitous gossip. Members need to avoid name-calling that calls into question someone's character.

However, I continually see people being called, stupid, damned fool, trucking idiot, ignorant, ignorant moron, and so forth. I've been called one of these names, I retaliated by calling the name caller a stupid jacka$$ and got a bullet for it, which is fine because I should have overlooked it and gone about my business. I'm just confused as to why it's OK for some and not others.

These aren't phrases such as, 'you're acting like a damned fool', but, 'you're are a damned fool'. Or, 'you're an ignorant moron', etc. How do these derogatory names not call someones character into question?

Obviously, I don't understand this rule. In my world, name calling is name calling.

You're better than me lol....I'm going IN!

A little name calling is good for the soul, especially when I'm behind some stupid idiot on the highway!

I gave this a + but there's something missing.

Profanity.

Lots of it...especially when I'm behind someone who is more interested in their cell phone than what's going on around them.

DOLT

Noun

A stupid person.

Synonyms

You self-selected that definition, not I ... I would have used an entirely different word to insult you STradial and it wouldn't be one that has as it root 'dullness.'

According to the online dictionary:

dolt

1543, perhaps a variant of dold "dull, foolish," influenced by dulte, dolte, pp. forms of M.E. dullen "to dull, make or become dazed or stupid" (see dull).

Since I'm not calling names here, however, I will demure and will rather take the exigent circumstance as my opportunity.

pubby

I gave this a + but there's something missing.

Profanity.

Lots of it...especially when I'm behind someone who is more interested in their cell phone than what's going on around them.

LOL

I was being nice........it's more like you stupid f*cking bitch!

or asshole.

I think when I'm driving around all of these fools in their own world is when I cuss the most. And I'm a patient person, but some of the things folks do when they're driving and don't even realize if I wasn't watching out for them, they could so easily cause a wreck!!!!!!!!!

And they don't care.

You self-selected that definition, not I ... I would have used an entirely different word to insult you STradial and it wouldn't be one that has as it root 'dullness.'

According to the online dictionary:

Since I'm not calling names here, however, I will demure and will rather take the exigent circumstance as my opportunity.

pubby

I'm not sure, but I think Pubby just called me several more names.

:)

LOL

I was being nice........it's more like you stupid f*cking bitch!

or asshole.

I think when I'm driving around all of these fools in their own world is when I cuss the most. And I'm a patient person, but some of the things folks do when they're driving and don't even realize if I wasn't watching out for them, they could so easily cause a wreck!!!!!!!!!

And they don't care.

I used to do that, low, but I finally realized that they can't hear what say about them. Some heard me, but they just threw me a bird.

I like to be called names by people who are upset with me for what I say. And the more I know I studied to find the scientific facts the better I like being called a name for saying what it is that I discovered.

Like the latest news about Europeans, even here in this country, are as much as 3% Neanderthal in their DNA..

I have been shot at in your house.

>guilty<

All I'm saying is that *I* got shot for calling her a whore. And then i got yelled at byher friends.

I don't get yelled at for calling her a whore - just a bitch. Bitch is a no-no, apparently, and she got me shot for it.

Which, I think, makes her a bitch. But, what do I know?

• Like 1

>guilty<

I don't get yelled at for calling her a whore - just a bitch. Bitch is a no-no, apparently, and she got me shot for it.

Which, I think, makes her a bitch. But, what do I know?

guilty, bitch is a BIG no-no round' here!