Paulding.com

Reverend Jerry Wayne Sudberry, age 69, of Dallas, Georgia, passed away on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at Piedmont Hospital.

Jerry was born on August 25, 1943 in Gadsden, AL, to loving parents the late Mr. Richard Edward Sudberry and Mrs. Edgebert Ashworth Sudberry. He is also preceded in death by his son Mr. Larry Wayne Sudberry who passed away in 1995, and one sister Mrs. Joyce Rebecca Harris who passed away in 2010.

Reverend Sudberry was a member of of Riverside Church of God in Powder Springs. He was self-employed and worked in heating and air conditioning. He was a faithful man and enjoyed reading the Bible, preaching the gospel, and studying the Word. He loved to watch horse shows.

Jerry is survived by his beloved wife of 47 years, Mrs. Shirley Sudberry; four daughters Mr. & Mrs. Scott (Linda) Pittman, Mr. & Mrs. Tim (Lanette) Toler, Mr. & Mrs. Michael (Kim) Collins, and Mr. & Mrs. Lane (Becky) Golden all of Dallas, GA; seven grandchildren Marcus Streetman, Chris Pittman, Andrew Pittman, John Pittman, Heather Collins, Kelly Collins, and Cole Golden; three great grandchildren Lacy Pittman, Logan Pittman, and Jakob Collins, many nieces, nephews, and friends.

The funeral service for Reverend Sudberry will be held at Riverside Church of God on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 2 pm with Reverend Thomas Blagg and Reverend Kim Wolfe officiating. Music will be provided by Mrs. Sherry Blagg. Steve Arrington, Chad Crumley, Daniel Arrington, Willie West, Loyd Coleman, and Tommy Skinner will serve as pallbearers. Interment will follow at Peaceful Meadows Memorial Park Cemetery.

The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday, January 11, 2013 from 4 – 8 pm and Saturday, January 12, 2013 from 9 am - 12:00 pm.

The family of Reverend Jerry Wayne Sudberry would like to acknowledge and express their appreciation for the care and consideration they received from the doctors and nurses of the ICU Red Team during his illness.

Please join the family in honoring his life by visiting www.jeffeberhartfuneralhome.com to sign the register book and share a memory.

The Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home of Dallas, GA is honored to serve the family of Reverend Jerry Wayne Sudberry.

Jerry was my father in law. I want to state that up front to add full disclosure to what I am about to say. I knew Jerry for over 30 years and he was my friend from day one until last night when he left us. He was a very religious man and he walked the walk not just talked the talk. When he was healthy he had a tent ministry and supported missionaries in Bulgaria even going there twice to live with the missionaries in the field. He also helped found two different churchs in Paulding County. He was an heating & air contractor and countless cold nights and scorching days even when he was sick he left the comfort of his own home to repair the heat/air of the elderly and the needy not charging one dime and paying for the parts himself. He could not rest knowing someone was suffering and he could do something about it. That was just him. There are a life time of memories I could pull from but I am not articulate enough to express even a small amount of them here nor will space allow. I just felt compelled to say something to let other people know there are still good people in the world and sadly we just lost a very good man. My heart is broke but I still feel him with me and I know love never dies.