Paulding.com

Bad Accident at Ridge and 61

I just got home from dropping off my son at Pre K.. At the intersection of Ridge Rd and Hwy 61 there was a horrible accident involving a motorcycle... He was lying in the middle of the road.. Didn't look good AT ALL.. It had to have happened a few minutes before I got there.. Seeing him lying on the ground- I just couldn't stop the tears.. Trying to hide it from my son, so he couldn't see me upset or the accident itself.. Did anyone else see it? Saying Prayers for him and his family!!

Looked like a car and a motorcycle.. I haven't been able to find any news about it.. Maybe someone that has a scanner heard ?? It was just so awful.. hoping he is going to be OK...

I heard a helicopter fly over after the nixle went out, maybe it will be on the news.

It just hit me so hard seeing him lying on the ground.. just felt helpless.. wanting to help but there wasn't anything I could do.. Cried all the way home.. I have seen many accidents and felt awful.. but this one got to me more than usual!

It just hit me so hard seeing him lying on the ground.. just felt helpless.. wanting to help but there wasn't anything I could do.. Cried all the way home.. I have seen many accidents and felt awful.. but this one got to me more than usual!

I know what you mean. I saw a car vs motorcycle accident 20 years ago and I can still picture it in my head. Hopefully it looked worse that it was.

I know what you mean. I saw a car vs motorcycle accident 20 years ago and I can still picture it in my head. Hopefully it looked worse that it was.

it looked really bad. i will never forget this.

The Young man involved in the accident who was riding the motorcycle this morning is Duanne Karl Martin from Bowdon GA he is only 20 yrs old. Please pray for him as he is the only income his mother and sisters have. I will update his status as soon as I am made aware of it from his mother who is at Grady waiting to see him. Heis a dedicated employee of mine and would like to ask all to please continue to pray?

• Like 1

Praying for you, I know what you are going through 16 years ago I witnessed an accident and the driver of the car that was hit, was hanging out of the windshield. It has haunted me since. Will never get that image out of my head. I saw the whole thing emerge right before my eyes!! Praying for the young man as well, hope he will be okay!!

Edited by Candycane

The Young man involved in the accident who was riding the motorcycle this morning is Duanne Karl Martin from Bowdon GA he is only 20 yrs old. Please pray for him as he is the only income his mother and sisters have. I will update his status as soon as I am made aware of it from his mother who is at Grady waiting to see him. Heis a dedicated employee of mine and would like to ask all to please continue to pray?

Prayers! Very sad for all and hoping for the best.

Oh wow, he is so young! When you have more details, please share. If the family needs meals, let me know, I will glady fix a few and deliver them.

praying for him and his family. how he is doing and seeing him laying there has really affected me. i am glad he had so many people helping him right after it happened. this will be in my mind forever. if they need anything let me know.

The CT scan from Grady came back with a positive note that he only has a chipped bone in the base of his neck at the top of his back. He is alert and very sore and complaining about his hips. Pls continue to pray for a fast recovery.

VERY good news considering. Praying for he and his family.

• Like 1

The CT scan from Grady came back with a positive note that he only has a chipped bone in the base of his neck at the top of his back. He is alert and very sore and complaining about his hips. Pls continue to pray for a fast recovery.

Thanks so much for posting! Will continue to pray... made me feel MUCH better!! :)

Thanks for the update. I'll keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Yes.. either way.. it was an accident... I am very glad it ended up like it did.. Could have been MUCH worse.. and it looked like it was that way from what I saw this morning.. He definitely was watched over!

Last year our TKD Grand Master was involved in an accident on his motorcycle. No other vehicles were involved, he lost control on some gravel on 278 over in front of the new hospital. He was very banged up and I bet for anyone driving by, probably thought it was worse than it actually was. I pray this is the case for this young man this morning. Obviously, this has really affected those of you who saw it this morning, my thoughts are with all of you, too.

I was at the site when it happened and helped the fella out until they loaded him into the ambulance. The man that he collided with was very concerned and caring, and even spoke to his mom on the phone. The police told me who was at fault, but I won't share that because it was purely an accident. My concern is for the young man and the family. I am going to try to figure out how to get in touch with his family and see what my church can do to help. I am so very thankful that he is going to be okay! I have seen some horrific motorcycle accidents, and it could have been much, much worse. God bless all of you for your concern and prayers!

• Like 2