Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
jan tripcony

New Restaurant

Does anyone know anything about the new restaurant that is in the Old Mrs. Winners building

on Merchant's Drive. They looked like they might be open now. We were wondering if

Is it a restaurant or a place to buy fresh seafood to cook at home.

I could not find a phone # for them. Thanks in advance.

Edited by dallasbrowneyes

Does anyone know anything about the new restaurant that is in the Old Mrs. Winners building

on Merchant's Drive. They looked like they might be open now. We were wondering if

Is it a restaurant or a place to buy fresh seafood to cook at home.

I could not find a phone # for them. Thanks in advance.

I drove by the other day, but didn't stop. now I wish I had. :blush:

We ate there last night, it was great.

We were their first customers and got ours for takeout.

It was clean, good food and very friendly service.

It is a family restaurant and their young kids were very happy to see us.

I got the talapia and shrimp and really enjoyed it.

Is it decent food or mostly deep fried?

Mine was not deep fried, it was really pretty good and had a great taste to it.

Mine was not deep fried, it was really pretty good and had a great taste to it.

Thanks, maybe we'll give it a try. It's hard to find a seafood place around here that doesn't deep fry 90% of the menu items.

Is it only a dining establishment or do they sell raw fresh seafood?

I am going to Buford Highway Farmers Market tomorrow to get good fresh gulf shrimp, and maybe some snapper, grouper, mahi, etc.

Just not happy with what we can buy here.

And some frozen, like calamari, pulpito [baby ocotpus.....they look like crispy spiders when you saute' them in butter].

What are their prices like?

We like decent seafood,but I can't handle C D's but every soo often. It stinks in there and the grease is just too much.

Here is their menu, although it's a little difficult to read. Their portions are a little larger than Cpt. D's and all the food on the menu is FRIED. However, I was told that any of the fish products can be grilled instead.

HRq9o.png

What are their prices like?

We like decent seafood,but I can't handle C D's but every soo often. It stinks in there and the grease is just too much.

We only go to the one in Villa Rica, in front of Home Depot. If you are in or near Villa Rica, maybe you could try this locationThe food is good and always fresh. The food doesn NOT taste like old grease!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife and I went there last night and I was HORRIBLE. Lights were out, trash was overflowing the cans, it was dirty and the scallops were tasteless. The fries tasted like Oven cleaner smells. We left and drove all the way to red Lobster and just counted it as a loss.. we will Never go back. What bad service we had too.

• Like 1

My wife and I went there last night and I was HORRIBLE. Lights were out, trash was overflowing the cans, it was dirty and the scallops were tasteless. The fries tasted like Oven cleaner smells. We left and drove all the way to red Lobster and just counted it as a loss.. we will Never go back. What bad service we had too.

Wow...

Just substitute the world sausage instead of scallops and this sounds like a former Mrs. Winner's review.

Wonder if they hired the old Mrs. Winner's management back?

Thanks for saving us a trip. :bad:

• Like 1

Thanks for saving us a trip. :bad:

Typically I will Never bash a small business. I promise not one word I said was false. We simply folded our clam shell containers back up and stacked it ON the mountain of trash that was 12-18 inches out of the whole where trash goes. We didn't eat 2% of our meals and just kissed our 18$ goodbye.

Is it only a dining establishment or do they sell raw fresh seafood?

I am going to Buford Highway Farmers Market tomorrow to get good fresh gulf shrimp, and maybe some snapper, grouper, mahi, etc.

Just not happy with what we can buy here.

And some frozen, like calamari, pulpito [baby ocotpus.....they look like crispy spiders when you saute' them in butter].

Did you take any pictures?

I have heard that place is a lot of fun

Typically I will Never bash a small business. I promise not one word I said was false. We simply folded our clam shell containers back up and stacked it ON the mountain of trash that was 12-18 inches out of the whole where trash goes. We didn't eat 2% of our meals and just kissed our 18$ goodbye.

That is really SAD. Not off to a good start to say the least. And, first impressions are EVERYTHING in the restaurant business. Friends of ours drove up to the outside menu and after reading it they kept driving. After reading this thread I am glad they did!!!

DH and I met friends at Marietta Fish Market last night. (We go out every New Years Eve for an early dinner and always went to Chicago's before it closed.) We have heard about MFM since moving here 16 yrs ago. It was our first visit but NOT our last. OMGOSH it was AMAZING!! And, I have plenty leftovers brought home and DH brought a coconut cake and I brought a red velvet cheesecake. It doesn't look like any cheesecake I have ever seen - it is 5 layers high. We ate the coconut cake and it was absolutely THE BEST I have ever eaten. The bite of the red velvet I ate was AWESOME!! MFM definitely lived up to all the hype.

DS asked how it was and I told him "comparing it to Red Lobster is like comparing Red Lobster to Captain D's". :lol:

How does that happen? I mean, really, the place has only been open a couple of weeks, right? This is the kind of review I would expect of a place that has been around for years and has slowly gone down the tubes. What's the point of opening a new business if you can't even hire folks competent enough to take the trash out?

Thanks for saving me the trip.

mrnn

Why were you horrible, be nice :drinks:

That is really SAD. Not off to a good start to say the least. And, first impressions are EVERYTHING in the restaurant business. Friends of ours drove up to the outside menu and after reading it they kept driving. After reading this thread I am glad they did!!!

DH and I met friends at Marietta Fish Market last night. (We go out every New Years Eve for an early dinner and always went to Chicago's before it closed.) We have heard about MFM since moving here 16 yrs ago. It was our first visit but NOT our last. OMGOSH it was AMAZING!! And, I have plenty leftovers brought home and DH brought a coconut cake and I brought a red velvet cheesecake. It doesn't look like any cheesecake I have ever seen - it is 5 layers high. We ate the coconut cake and it was absolutely THE BEST I have ever eaten. The bite of the red velvet I ate was AWESOME!! MFM definitely lived up to all the hype.

DS asked how it was and I told him "comparing it to Red Lobster is like comparing Red Lobster to Captain D's". :lol:

I have been wanting to go there myself. Same people that own the Marietta Dinner and that place is amazing!

I have a hard time believing anyone even calls Red Lobster and Captain D's seafood. :lol: They are what they are and have their respective place, but seafood? I think not.

DH and I met friends at Marietta Fish Market last night. (We go out every New Years Eve for an early dinner and always went to Chicago's before it closed.) We have heard about MFM since moving here 16 yrs ago. It was our first visit but NOT our last.

I thought that was their newest place :unsure:

I have been wanting to go there myself. Same people that own the Marietta Dinner and that place is amazing!

I have a hard time believing anyone even calls Red Lobster and Captain D's seafood. :lol: They are what they are and have their respective place, but seafood? I think not.

They also own The Cherokee Cattle Club right up the road from MFM and Pasta Bella in Austell. They are wonderful and nice people with amazing food at their varied businesses.

To each their own as they say - everyone has opinions just like everyone has a particular part of the bodies lower/mid anatomy.

As for me and my family we happen to enjoy Red Lobster.

Did you take any pictures?

I have heard that place is a lot of fun

Buford Highway Farmer's Market discourages folks from taking pictures. I tried one time during a visit there, and they asked me to put my camera away.

They also own The Cherokee Cattle Club right up the road from MFM and Pasta Bella in Austell. They are wonderful and nice people with amazing food at their varied businesses.

To each their own as they say - everyone has opinions just like everyone has a particular part of the bodies lower/mid anatomy.

As for me and my family we happen to enjoy Red Lobster.

I enjoy Red Lobster too and love me some Cap'n D's but like I said, they are what they are. They are a far cry from a seafood restaurant.

I'm with you on this one, Papi. As a person who grew up in Savannah and DH grew up in Daytona, neither of us consider these type of places real seafood. We do got to RL, once in a while, but most of the time we don't even eat seafood unless we are near the coast. Well, other than shrimp and some fish and since it's mostly fresh frozen, it will have to do. I have to admit, we do like that place in D'ville next to RL. It's called Bay Breeze or Sea Breeze.

We also ate at Marietta Fish Market New Year's Eve for the first time with some friends....it was wonderful, and we will be back. It was worth the drive.

I would just like a fresh seafood supplier locally.

Harry's/Whole Foods in Marietta, and they are $Pricey$, or Buford Highway Farmers Market is about it.

Does not seem to be anywhere else any closer who really has FRESH.

Shrimp still kicking and fish with heads on so you can see the eyes.

There are certain aspects of living near the ocean that I could enjoy. Not the sun, sand or surf, but I could deal with a good fishmonger with really fresh fish to sell.drinks.gif

Harry's/Whole Foods in Marietta, and they are $Pricey$, or Buford Highway Farmers Market is about it.

There are certain aspects of living near the ocean that I could enjoy. Not the sun, sand or surf, but I could deal with a good fishmonger with really fresh fish to sell.drinks.gif

Can't you buy fresh fish from the Marietta Fish Market?

Before folks give up on this restaurant, wait awhile and give it a chance..

These non-franchised restaurant's don't have the resources to deal with being covered up inthe first few weeks.

I try to stop by in the first few days to warn. them that there is. no such thing as a soft. Opening in Paulding.

Have you tried Dekalb Farmers Market??

They have a huge seafood dept. Love it!!

I just wish The Marietta Fish Market would do a total cleaning of the resturant and make their servers wash their uniforms. Last time I was there they all looked like they had a food fight in the back.

I'm with you on this one, Papi. As a person who grew up in Savannah and DH grew up in Daytona, neither of us consider these type of places real seafood. We do got to RL, once in a while, but most of the time we don't even eat seafood unless we are near the coast. Well, other than shrimp and some fish and since it's mostly fresh frozen, it will have to do. I have to admit, we do like that place in D'ville next to RL. It's called Bay Breeze or Sea Breeze.

I agree - Bay Breeze in Mableton and Sea Breeze in Douglasville (as well as the location on Canton Road but I am not sure which name it is) are very good.

Another place with decent seafood that is brought in fresh from the Gulf weekly is Backwoods in Tallapoosa. Okay, it's not exactly in Tallapoosa it is IN THE BACKWOODS with a Tallapoosa address. :lol:s

For those of us who didn't grow up on or near the Coast we tend to settle for seafood that might not be what others are accustomed to. ;)

I love seafood and will probably try the new place. Although I LOVE Marietta Fish Market so it will be hard to top them, but I'll give the local place a chance too. Hubby and I went to MFM on our first date so it's always going to have a special place in my heart. :) There is one seafood place I won't visit again and that's Joe's Crab Shack. I've been there three different times, ordered three different shrimp entrees, and actually returned one for chicken fingers because it was that bad. How hard is it to mess up shrimp? And when you start to order the shrimp scampi and the waitress hesitates and suggests something else because the scampi's not good (she was right), there's a problem.

A friend just recommended Chef's Table and Fresh Market, 3960 Mary Eliza, Suite 900, across from Due West Elementary School. They will take special requests, too.

I just wish The Marietta Fish Market would do a total cleaning of the resturant and make their servers wash their uniforms. Last time I was there they all looked like they had a food fight in the back.

I hope they replaced their dish machine. After finishing a glass of tea which was dark, hubby held the glass up for a refill and the light hit it. I thought he was gonna throw up. The glass had black grime in the inside of the glass and no it was not tea stain. The server said sorry we been having trouble with the dish machine I'll get you another. His stomach hurt all night. Don't know if it was the grime or just the thoughts. LOL

Have you tried Super H-Mart? It's primarily a huge Asian grocery store but they sell a little of everything including fresh seafood. My husband occasionally shops at the one off PIB in Norcross, but there are other locations around town.