Paulding.com

Hospitals No Longer Welcoming McDonald's

I do not understand? I mean I know too much burgers and stuff are bad for you, but this seems as silly as if they distanced themselves from drug stores because they sell cigarettes. I mean burger places also sell salads and diet drinks and even fruit too. Is all about what people choose, yes?

• Like 2

I do not understand? I mean I know too much burgers and stuff are bad for you, but this seems as silly as if they distanced themselves from drug stores because they sell cigarettes. I mean burger places also sell salads and diet drinks and even fruit too. Is all about what people choose, yes?

Of course it's not about the choices I make. It's about holding someone else responsible for my bad behavior, bad eating habits, etc. Just like it's the fault of Jim Beam if I become an alcoholic. Right?!?! Oh wait...............maybe not!

Of course it's not about the choices I make. It's about holding someone else responsible for my bad behavior, bad eating habits, etc. Just like it's the fault of Jim Beam if I become an alcoholic. Right?!?! Oh wait...............maybe not!

Why would a hospital do that I mean? People choose bad things all the time, making those things less convenient does not usually stop them from doing bad things from what I have seen. I am confused as to why this is?

Why would a hospital do that I mean? People choose bad things all the time, making those things less convenient does not usually stop them from doing bad things from what I have seen. I am confused as to why this is?

I agree. And like Papi referenced, the Ronald McDonald house has been funded by those evil hamburgers. Seems a little hypocritical to me.........or a lot even.

• Like 2

Something in me thinks that the hospitals are wanting to force people to use their cafeteria services, that they probably make more money from. Last time I was at Northside, I think you could get Pizza by the slice, Chili burgers and Philly cheese steaks, in the cafeteria!

Something in me thinks that the hospitals are wanting to force people to use their cafeteria services, that they probably make more money from. Last time I was at Northside, I think you could get Pizza by the slice, Chili burgers and Philly cheese steaks, in the cafeteria!

Makes me want to break a leg! Delicioso!

Maybe if they'd switch the prices and make the salads $1.99 and the Big Mac $4.99 it would be easier. It's easier on the wallet to get the double cheeseburger value meal at $2.99 versus five bucks for a salad. I guess the hospital feels hypocritical for partnering with the leader in high-fat, high-calorie meals when doctors preach healthy eating. I had another good point but I completely forgot it!

Maybe if they'd switch the prices and make the salads $1.99 and the Big Mac $4.99 it would be easier. It's easier on the wallet to get the double cheeseburger value meal at $2.99 versus five bucks for a salad. I guess the hospital feels hypocritical for partnering with the leader in high-fat, high-calorie meals when doctors preach healthy eating. I had another good point but I completely forgot it!

Si si, but in the end is still choice yes? The burger may be cheaper, but i think many people know that it is bad for them and know that hospital treatment is expensive so really the salad or the fruit in the long run is cheaper, but they choose burger anyway. I am not saying they are bad people for choosing the burger, but I think it help to know why we REALLY do things, yes?

I don't know about Jim, but I hold Jack responsible for quite a few things that happened to me back in the 80's.

And I told him so too, he just stood there and didn't say a word.

I can not think of a good reason Mickey D's SHOULD be in a hospital. They sell crap that I wouldn't feed my dog. Sure it's cheap, but I could dig through the trash can and find a safer food in there. Okay, you are in the hospital and want to go eat McDonald's?? Fire up a cigarette while you are in the waiting room!

It's obvious people are just not smart enough to make good decisions with their health so we need others to make those decisions for them.

The government should just ban all fast food places, that will solve the obesity problem.

We would need to also ban junk food from stores and ban all bakery's

They are kicking out their job security.......allow these type places in their hospitals so that when people do have their heart attacks and such from making unhealthy food choices, then the hospital is there to charge them $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the care that they need to get all better.

This just does not make sense. ^_^