Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gpatt0n

Misunderstandings over gun control abound

THAT'S RIGHT IT'S PEOPLE WITH GUNS THAT KILL PEOPLE.

So adding more control laws will stop the IDIOTS with the guns how? I guess kinda like the war on drugs has stopped the IDIOTS with the drugs? :wacko:

Edited by GO*BAMA

So adding more control laws will stop the IDIOTS with the guns how? I guess kinda like the war on drugs has stopped the IDIOTS with the drugs? :wacko:

Probably not I just like getting you all riled-up . yahoo.gif

Actually, NOT allowing convicted felons to possess guns works well, generally. Not allowing future purchases of "Bushmaster" assault-styled rifles doesn't "hinder law abiding citizens". Requiring registration of all assault-styled weapons already in circulation doesn't hurt anyone. Keeping magazine capacity at fewer than 30 doesn't impair the ability of a homeowner to protect himself and his family. Nobody hunts with these weapons so if you don't need them for hunting or home safety -- then what???

post-5399-0-29654900-1356710813_thumb.jpg This is why.

The safety of the public comes WAY before the desire of an insecure middle-aged white guy feeling the need to master bush with his compensating-weapon or before the need of the growing number of paranoids out there who, in preparing for doomsday, are making our world a more dangerous place.

Not every gun owner is a middle aged white guy, paranoid, or doomsday preppers. It is a right laid down by constitutional law. We want to keep it that way. Plain and simple.

Paranoid stereotyping on the other hand is dangerous and wrong.

• Like 2

That's not the point! The point is the goverment has "amended infringed upon to many of our rights already! The 2nd Amendment was one of the best written and very clearly stated. People need to stop focusing on the gun and focus on the person, it has been repeated several times - GUNS DON"T KILL PEOPLE"!

You don't actually HAVE the rights that you're claiming. The second amendment allows you to carry a weapon. You can do that. It doesn't say that you can carry ANY weapon.

The standard in the judicial process is one of REASONABLENESS. When it comes to "The General Welfare" (see Preamble to the Constitution), where can a reasonable balance be struck when it comes to public safety (See "Sandy Hook", "Columbine", "Aurora" etc) ? Does anyone need a 30 shot magazine to protect his home? Of course not! 30 shot magazines have no application for hunting.

Remember that when someone makes the case for use of these guns for "militia" use, the terminology in the "well-written and clearly stated" Second Amendment describes a "WELL-REGULATED militia, not a bunch of yahoos compensating for their personal lacks by firing off a round-a-second in some sort of paranoid fantasy where they are the heroes.

I say all of this, as a hunter/sportsman and concealed-weapons carrier. Nobody's taking my sidearm or my hunting guns.

• Like 2

My point exactly. If you knew my last name you would know I probably am already on the no fly list. I have an unusual name and have been asked about it many times. I had to stop facebooking for a while because every of it. Too many Abdula's and Mohammads and Arabs wanted to be my friend.

I'm still your friend Miss A!!

Probably not I just like getting you all riled-up . yahoo.gif

You're gonna have to do better than that to get me all riled up. :rolleyes:

You don't actually HAVE the rights that you're claiming. The second amendment allows you to carry a weapon. You can do that. It doesn't say that you can carry ANY weapon.

The standard in the judicial process is one of REASONABLENESS. When it comes to "The General Welfare" (see Preamble to the Constitution), where can a reasonable balance be struck when it comes to public safety (See "Sandy Hook", "Columbine", "Aurora" etc) ? Does anyone need a 30 shot magazine to protect his home? Of course not! 30 shot magazines have no application for hunting.

Remember that when someone makes the case for use of these guns for "militia" use, the terminology in the "well-written and clearly stated" Second Amendment describes a "WELL-REGULATED militia, not a bunch of yahoos compensating for their personal lacks by firing off a round-a-second in some sort of paranoid fantasy where they are the heroes.I say all of this, as a hunter/sportsman and concealed-weapons carrier. Nobody's taking my sidearm or my hunting guns.

So how do you propose to determine the latter from the first? It's not those of us with common sense and know how (I'm an avid hunter/sportswoman and concealed wapons carrier (.38 S&W Featherweight) that anyone needs to be worried about, it's the latter group you described. My dad has what some would consider "assualt weapons" and he is the most even keeled, responsible gun owner I know.

I'm still your friend Miss A!!

As Long as we go back , we will always be friends.:wub: Want to go to see The Black Watch next time they come to town? LOL. I will never forget that day.

SYLO!!!!

I'm not quite sure what purpose a national registry would serve. my tire iron, lug nuts, pocket knife, and waist chains aren't registered. the government feels no need to have a record of my kitchen utensils...why do they need to know about my guns?

British Doctors Call For a Ban on Kitchen Knives

http://minx.cc/?post=336072

8)