Paulding.com

What will be open Christmas Day?

I just really don't think I want to cook a big dinner for just myself and my husband. I did that for Thanksgiving and we still have turkey in the freezer and dressing to be made. I want someone else to cook and clean up, and preferably to bring what I want to the table for me.

We ate at IHOP last year or the year before and it was really good. Any ideas about other places that will be open Christmas Day?

The Hardee's in Villa Rica (although I REALLY doubt that is what you have in mind but they will bring it to your table ;) ). Cracker Barrel is always open, I think. Not really sure of anywhere else. I would like to think all the restaurants would close so their employees can enjoy Christmas Day with their families. Maybe that is selfish of me since both of my children are servers in restaurants. But, times are a changin'.

The last Christmas our youngest lived at home she was working at Huddle House. I understand what you're saying.

I don't think Cracker Barrel is open on Christmas. They didn't used to be when we would go every Friday night.

The Hardee's in Villa Rica (although I REALLY doubt that is what you have in mind but they will bring it to your table ;) ). Cracker Barrel is always open, I think. Not really sure of anywhere else. I would like to think all the restaurants would close so their employees can enjoy Christmas Day with their families. Maybe that is selfish of me since both of my children are servers in restaurants. But, times are a changin'.

I'll have to check to see if our favorite Chinese restaurant is open. That's a great idea. Love some hot and sour soup with some Phoenix and Dragon for Christmas dinner. good.gif

Waffle House not so much. nea.gif

Waffle House and many Chinese restaurants.

We used to like Shoney's real well. Last time we went it wasn't really fit to eat. Swore we would never go back. Hate to break that streak. pardon.gif

Shoneys ;)

That's the one we swore we would never go back to. We used to go there A LOT! Loved that place. Maybe they have changed. I'd be willing to give it a try if my husband would. Generally once he gets bad food somewhere he won't EVER try it again.

Unfortunately most Shoney's have closed as far as I know. The only one close to Dallas/Hiram would be Thornton Road. They still have a very good breakfast bar, too!!!

The last couple of Christmas' we have had dinner at Lyn's Garden in Villa Rica.

They have all you can eat that is really good & made to order meats & vegies at the hibachi - also all you can eat.

They don't put a lot of food out on the hot tables & are constantly replacing the food.

I've wanted to try the Marietta Diner. Might be a good opportunity. good.gif

We don't eat at fast food places except when we go to Florida and then we eat at KFC and Taco Bell (and Whataburger).

Marietta Dinner.

Also, the McDonalds on 61 will be open 24hours Christmas Day.

That sounds good!! Wouldn't mind the drive over there either. Haven't been to Villa Rica in several years.

The last couple of Christmas' we have had dinner at Lyn's Garden in Villa Rica.

They have all you can eat that is really good & made to order meats & vegies at the hibachi - also all you can eat.

They don't put a lot of food out on the hot tables & are constantly replacing the food.

The last time we went to Waffle House for Christmas morning we still had all three girls living at home. The last year we had all three at home was 1987. We went to the one on South Cobb Drive at Austell Road. We were going to my mom's for lunch and she lived off South Cobb Drive, so we were in the area anyway. rofl.gif

our family goes to waffle house every Christmas morning, in our Christmas pajamas. weird tradition, but we love it!

our family goes to waffle house every Christmas morning, in our Christmas pajamas. weird tradition, but we love it!

We have a family tradition that we started years before we moved to GA in 1996: We go to Waffle House on Christmas Eve and then ride around looking at Christmas lights. Since moving here we always go ride through Life College and look at the lights.

Starr & Dru's Nana my husband is the exact same way. Bad food or really bad lack of service he won't go back. And, if he says he won't go back somewhere you can write it in stone - he won't!!!

I've wanted to try the Marietta Diner. Might be a good opportunity. good.gif

We don't eat at fast food places except when we go to Florida and then we eat at KFC and Taco Bell (and Whataburger).

If you go to the Marietta diner you have to order the fried feta cheese. It's awesome.

We have a family tradition that we started years before we moved to GA in 1996: We go to Waffle House on Christmas Eve and then ride around looking at Christmas lights. Since moving here we always go ride through Life College and look at the lights.

Starr & Dru's Nana my husband is the exact same way. Bad food or really bad lack of service he won't go back. And, if he says he won't go back somewhere you can write it in stone - he won't!!!

we do 'lights and pie' on Christmas eve. Life College and Marietta Diner.

• Like 1

We went to Bay Breeze in Mableton a few years ago. My food was INCREDIBLE! It was like being at the beach and having fresh seafood. I loved it! Hubby ordered some kind of fried fish which turned out to be filets instead of whole fish, like he was expecting. He wasn't happy about that but he was OK with it. Just misunderstood how it would be served. He said the food was really good and the service was good BUT he hated the noise in there. He won't go back! I love seafood but don't eat fish. Scallops, crab legs, lobster are fine but don't get a catfish near me.

He doesn't want to go back because of the noise level. I can't convince him to change his mind. So frustrating! angry.gif

We went to Bay Breeze in Mableton a few years ago. My food was INCREDIBLE! It was like being at the beach and having fresh seafood. I loved it! Hubby ordered some kind of fried fish which turned out to be filets instead of whole fish, like he was expecting. He wasn't happy about that but he was OK with it. Just misunderstood how it would be served. He said the food was really good and the service was good BUT he hated the noise in there. He won't go back! I love seafood but don't eat fish. Scallops, crab legs, lobster are fine but don't get a catfish near me.

He doesn't want to go back because of the noise level. I can't convince him to change his mind. So frustrating! angry.gif

Catfish ain't seafood. They come from mudholes. Nasty creatures. :lol:

If you do go back to Bay Breeze, ask for E.J. He is an awesome waiter!

Try Sea Breeze in Douglasville on hwy 5

Everything should be closed on Xmas Day. For one day a year everyone should have the day off. sheeze, I don't even care if its Xmas, make it labor day but give those in service industry's ONE DAY where they KNOW they don't have to work.

• Like 1

We never got our Thanksgiving dinner together. Something always happened. One year it was labor. Yours, not mine. pardon.gif

And thank you my sweet friend! wub.gifblush.gif

My door is always open..... :wub:

I agree with you!!

Everything should be closed on Xmas Day. For one day a year everyone should have the day off. sheeze, I don't even care if its Xmas, make it labor day but give those in service industry's ONE DAY where they KNOW they don't have to work.

Yep, when my daughter worked there that was the only day of the year they were closed. She worked at one in either Athens or Winder. I can't keep up with the places she has lived, much less the places she has worked. wacko.gif

When I worked at Shoneys, that was the ONLY day that they were closed. There is a Shoneys in Cartersville and the one in Lithis Springs on Thornton Rd, is still open. Not sure about Christmas Day, though.

We don't do Atlanta. For anything.

If we were going to volunteer, we would do so in Cobb, Paulding or Douglas.

Might I suggest enjoying a meal at the GA World Congress Center?

Hosea Feed the Hunfry event is still looking for volunteers!