Paulding.com

Shipping Store

Dropped off FedEx packet for overnight delivery at the shipping place at Kroger at hwy 61 on sat, knew it wouldn't be picked until mon. So I go to track it today no information, called the store they said driver picked it up, so I call FedEx never was scanned, they have no information, this went on for awhile until FedEx filed a missing report. FedEx called me at 7 and said it had been picked up at a drop box at courthouse this evening. If you have to send anything thru FedEx do not drop it off at this store, they lied to me and gave me the run a round all afternoon.

Dropped off FedEx packet for overnight delivery at the shipping place at Kroger at hwy 61 on sat, knew it wouldn't be picked until mon. So I go to track it today no information, called the store they said driver picked it up, so I call FedEx never was scanned, they have no information, this went on for awhile until FedEx filed a missing report. FedEx called me at 7 and said it had been picked up at a drop box at courthouse this evening. If you have to send anything thru FedEx do not drop it off at this store, they lied to me and gave me the run a round all afternoon.

Mulitple bad experiences with the brown store sent me to the post office this year. One small example of a "bad experience" I send great grandma framed school pics every year. Last year, I paid $90 to ship that one box at the brown place. I didn't have enough $$ left to ship anything else and I kept asking the customer no service lady if they could help me find a way to get out cheaper....she said "it's that time of year". Ok. noted.

This year, I was determined to get everything out early. I went to the PO this past payday, expecting the cost to be in the neighborhood of the brown store....I shipped everything--including to an FPO address, for less the $50 and everything was delievered within FIVE DAYS.

• Like 1

I find any of the shipping stores are really, really expensive. With the advent of so many online options to print your own postage at home - I usually just pack up my packages at home, print the postage, and then I just have to drop it off. No charge for just dropping off.

I sent some packages through the Staples store, and it was as ridiculous of a charge as your GGrandmother's package.

I usually use the post office when I need tracking, but I used the envelope that was sent to me that had been paid for. I've used FedEx in Hiram several times , no problem. Just wanted people to no that the owner told me she's a drop off for FedEx and then they took my envelope and put it in a drop box, and that took 2 extra days.

I find any of the shipping stores are really, really expensive. With the advent of so many online options to print your own postage at home - I usually just pack up my packages at home, print the postage, and then I just have to drop it off. No charge for just dropping off.

Heck, the Post Office gives you a discount when printing postage online for Priority Mail or Express Mail. Then you can either give the package to your mail carrier or skip the line at the PO and drop off the package at the counter or a drop-box in the lobby. You can even Schedule a Pickup for free to instruct the mail carrier to come to your door to accept your package if it won't fit in the mailbox. You can even purchase stamps online from the Postal Store.

• Like 1

In the last week we have shipped 4500 hats! One customer got 2300 and another got 1100. The others were shipped a dozen or two per box. When we were working on the best way to ship the 2300 the customer was determined they be shipped via USPS. DH preferred UPS for these large boxes but the customer insisted they go USPS. So to please the customer we packed 230 hats per 18x18x24 box and shipped the 10 boxes via USPS. I printed the labels online and even with Delivery Confirmation and $300 Insurance it was still over $11 cheaper per box than UPS. When DH mentioned to the USPS worker he had looked into shipping them UPS she said "People pay extra to ship UPS and then they bring them to us to ship".

I typically ship 50 or more packages a week this time of year of items sold on ebay. I use click 'n ship which is SOOOO convenient. There is a discount for printing the labels online PLUS delivery confirmation is FREE or pennies compared to paying for it at the counter. If we are going to be home I schedule a pickup but it is easy just to drop off at the counter. No waiting.

When DH mentioned to the USPS worker he had looked into shipping them UPS she said "People pay extra to ship UPS and then they bring them to us to ship".

Most people don't know that UPS and FedEx come to the Post Office every day to drop off a truckload of packages that are then delivered by your mail carrier. These shipping competitors know that USPS is cheaper and more efficient. They call it UPS Mail Innovations and FedEx SmartPost.

I sent an overnite envelope from there a month ago, it did not go well.

First they couldn't find me in the UPS system, even though I have shipped via UPS for 20 years, including this year, to the same place this envelope was going.

Next they told me the cost, I insisted that the cost was to high and that I just needed ordinary next day, no early delivery.

I was again told that was the cost, another employee came over and verified the cost.

Long story shorter, after getting home, I found out they had shipped it next day, delivery by 10:30am, which cost extra.

When I called to complain, I was told; "It is only a few dollars more, that is not much."

I then suggested that the employee give me the difference between the two costs out of her pocket.

She replied, with attitude; "Why would I give you money out of my pocket?"

I answered; "Well, you certainly didn't have any problem taking the money out of my pocket and if it is, as you say, 'not that much', you shouldn't have any problem paying me out of your money."

Needless to say the call went downhill from there.

This used to be a nice place to work with, but this last time and the one before that have been horrible.

I will stick my stuff in a bottle and throw it in a lake and just hope, before I ever give them another penny of mine.

PS I still have the paperwork next to my desk to complain to UPS but hadn't gotten around to it, thanks for the incentive.

Edited by stradial

Hold on when you say USPS is more efficent,not hardly. That is why there in bad shape,the private shipping got there start because USPS was very poor.:unsure:

Not really Mr A.

They are saddled with a lot of costs now that do not pay for themselves.

Saturday delivery. Is this REALLY necessary ?

Small town and tiny town post offices that do not net enough money to pay the light bill.

Email as cut WAY down on 1st class mail, and that is their bread and butter

1st Class mail costs. We are less than half per letter than the rest of the developed countried in the world

Internet magazine and catalogs

Mail order versus online. They cannot compete but the overhead is there anyway to take care of these.

Actually our postal system does a pretty good job considering what we pay to use it.