Paulding.com

Mobile Computer Repairs- I come to you!

If your comp is choking to death, give me a call!!

Glenn - 678-315-8794

30+ years experience in the field. ;)

Call for details.

Two VERY satisfied customers in only two days, so far!! :)

• Like 1

I have laptop with a black screen. How much do you charge? It has all my pictures, if you can't fix it, can you pull my pictures off? Please and thank you!

If it can't be fixed, I can most certainly save your data!! I come across a lot of laptops with screen problems. It is usually a break in one of the many solder joints in the ribbon cable that causes this. Some laptops can be re-soldered fairly easily, but many of them are soldered by robots with pinpoint accuracy that common methods cannot repair. I would just have to look at it and see. It's about a 70/30 shot of success, depending on the laptop. I have repaired music equipment, TV's, and other electronics most of my adult life, but with newer technology comes ever tinier solder joints, and some just can't be repaired....well, they can, but it takes so much precision, and you're using common methods to replicate what an automated precision machine does by the dozens per minute/hour.

That said, I have researched, and found some very precise soldering equipment, bordering on laser precision, but it costs a small fortune, and I don't have the capital for that type of stuff at this time. I usually resort to the older (and time consuming method) of soldering, then using Xacto blades (I heat them, and a few other secrets I learned along the way) to ensure there is no crossing of circuitry, which can reek havoc on small electronics.

It's an up front fee of $30 (non-refundable) to assess the damage. If the machine can be repaired, the assessment fee is waived and put towards the repair. Barring certain death of your hard drive, data retrieval is not a problem at all. I have more than enough resources to handle that.

As far as "is it worth it"??? Well, that depends on two things...is this a straight out of the box machine, or is it a custom built machine? I just finished resurrecting a custom build 2 days ago, and although the cost was $200, the owner was more than happy with having his special built "speed demon" back up and running with no loss of data in the process. I currently still rely on my own custom built machine as my primary server for every computer in my home, and even though I could buy a new standard computer for much less money, I have spent up to $700 keeping this one going, and that's just in parts, since I do my own repairs.