Paulding.com

Need help - xbox disc

Okay - so idiot youngest moved the xbox with the disc in it. And, the disc is scratched. The brand new disc with the season pass map pack. The brand new disc that we were at Game Stop at midnight to pick up.

The frustration level is SOOOO high right now.

Anyhow - is there any way to salvage this game? There appear to be four scratches - in each quadrant - about mid way around the disc.

Yes - my youngest is a hard headed idiot that can't follow directions once he's decided that he knows better or that your directions are stupid. While my oldest is one that will learn and listen to others - youngest has to discover everything himself.

I wouldn't even be asking if it wasn't that damn $40 map pack.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!

by the time you buy one of those disc polisher machines for $20+ , it may not be worth it

it depends on how deep the scratch is whether it is salvageable. There are plenty of videos online showing you haw to repair scratches --- from toothpaste to automotive buffers and using buffing / polishing compund

by the time you buy one of those disc polisher machines for $20+ , it may not be worth it

it depends on how deep the scratch is whether it is salvageable. There are plenty of videos online showing you haw to repair scratches --- from toothpaste to automotive buffers and using buffing / polishing compund

:good: Toothpaste does work.

Edited by janko9

There is a place that we found online that fixes discs for a great price. You do have to mail it in and wait. I will see if I can find the name of it. Whatever deal they had when we used them it got cheaper the more discs you sent in so we sent in a few older games as well that had been scratched. When they came back they looked brand new. The game my son was most concerned about as well as one of the other two games worked great. The Wii game we sent in didn't but I think it has more to do with the Wii than the game because it doesn't read hardly anything anymore so we just use it for Netflix and Hulu.

Okay well I just did a quick search and couldn't find the place we used (it was out of California and in my mind it was probably run by a couple of college boys) but it looks like there are a ton of things you can try to fix it yourself and other places that now offer that service closer to home.

Good luck~~I so remember the sick feeling of hearing that sound and seeing those rings/scratches on a $60 game. I felt literally ill when it happened to us ~ a few times. In fact I feel sick everytime one of my boys spends that much on a game period :). We haven't had that happen in a few years though.

If its pretty new (60 or 90 days), You can probably have the disc replaced by the manufacture for free by contacting them, I have done this before.

It's less than 30 days old. The recommendation on the xbox forum is to try to take it back to game stop first. If that doesn't work, then it's the toothpaste method.

I'm just so aggravated with him. He just won't listen to anybody. His brother tried to tell him to stop and take the game out first, but NOOOOO, he knew better.

Thanks. Gonna try game stop tomorrow and they will be my next stop. Looks like they are only online now. But, I don't have an issue sending it to them.

No they have a syore on 41. No sign bc they ordered a sign to big for the syore front. Super nice ppl. I can give you their number if you want. I dont think gamestop has yhe equipment to do it but I could be wrong. Also, their games are about $5 cheaper than gamestop. Im NOT associated in anyway with them but they are GREAT ppl.

No they have a syore on 41. No sign bc they ordered a sign to big for the syore front. Super nice ppl. I can give you their number if you want. I dont think gamestop has yhe equipment to do it but I could be wrong. Also, their games are about $5 cheaper than gamestop. Im NOT associated in anyway with them but they are GREAT ppl.

Wth? Sorry about the spelling. Lol new phone. Should havr checked the spelling before I posted.lol

Wth? Sorry about the spelling. Lol new phone. Should havr checked the spelling before I posted.lol

None of my business but is calling your son an idiot really going to help anything ?

I'm a firm believer in calling a spade a spade. He was told by friends when we got the thing to NEVER move it with a disc in it. His brother told him to stop moving it last night. He read the book that said NEVER move it with a disc in it. And, now he can't figure out how it got scratched.

Yeah - it helps. Maybe just me. But, it helps. He's very thick skulled and will not learn from mistakes unless they are ground into his head. He doesn't learn from physical punishment. He doesn't learn from other people's mistakes or advice.

So, yeah - it helps.

Okay - so idiot youngest moved the xbox with the disc in it. And, the disc is scratched. The brand new disc with the season pass map pack. The brand new disc that we were at Game Stop at midnight to pick up.

The frustration level is SOOOO high right now.

Anyhow - is there any way to salvage this game? There appear to be four scratches - in each quadrant - about mid way around the disc.

Yes - my youngest is a hard headed idiot that can't follow directions once he's decided that he knows better or that your directions are stupid. While my oldest is one that will learn and listen to others - youngest has to discover everything himself.

I wouldn't even be asking if it wasn't that damn $40 map pack.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!

Where did you buy it at?