Paulding.com

Great Christmas Parade Today!

The 20th Annual Dallas Invitational Christmas Parade was one of the best ever! Great weather, great crowds, great floats, great participation all around!

The pianist on the square (Subby) was phenominal and the DJ we had at the grandstand added so much to this year's parade. The crowd was very involved and very enthusiastic.

The City of Dallas Police Department and the Paulding County Sheriff's Department did a great job in keeping the crowds under control and it was a very well managed, organized, fun event.

I am very happy that our community hosts an event of this magnitude that is FREE to the public and kicks off the holiday season in such grand fashion.

The smiles on the kids faces and participants was simply priceless today - hopefully, this is an event that will be forever remembered by these children.

Edited by Beach Bum
  • Like 2

i think my troop had a great time walking in the parade.

Which troop was your child in? I am so very impressed with the number of boy scouts, cub scouts, girl scouts, etc. that were involved. They added so much to the parade!

The kids involved in the parade were fantastic and I hope this is a memory they will always cherish!

Edited by Beach Bum

It was such a beautiful day to play in the sun too!! Thanks for having me! :)

Which troop was your child in? I am so very impressed with the number of boy scouts, cub scouts, girl scouts, etc. that were involved. They added so much to the parade!

The kids involved in the parade were fantastic and I hope this is a memory they will always cherish!

we was with the group that wone 2nd place for our float. we was #32. We are in the Silver Comet service unit.

It was such a beautiful day to play in the sun too!! Thanks for having me! :)

I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments you received today Subby! People were very impressed with your musical abilities!

we was with the group that wone 2nd place for our float. we was #32. We are in the Silver Comet service unit.

They were great - thank you to these children, their parents and their leaders for participating! Congratulations on the award!

• Like 1

I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments you received today Subby! People were very impressed with your musical abilities!

They were great - thank you to these children, their parents and their leaders for participating! Congratulations on the award!

This was my troops first parade. I have 7 and 8 yr olds and they walked the whole way woth no complaints.

I'm so glad to hear that. That makes it worth it all, right there! It's been a while since I've played Christmas stuff. I could have thrown down a lot better on my rock, honky tonk, and country. :) I only get to play Christmas songs once a year, so I felt a little rusty, and tried to keep it a little lower keyed so I wouldn't get in over my head! :lol:

• Like 2

:cray: homesick.

I'm so glad to hear that. That makes it worth it all, right there! It's been a while since I've played Christmas stuff. I could have thrown down a lot better on my rock, honky tonk, and country. :) I only get to play Christmas songs once a year, so I felt a little rusty, and tried to keep it a little lower keyed so I wouldn't get in over my head! :lol:

Subby can bang on those pie-annie keys like nobody's business. Let me go back to my crying now.......................:cray: .

:cray: homesick.

Subby can bang on those pie-annie keys like nobody's business. Let me go back to my crying now.......................:cray: .

Okay AGG - please come home for Christmas next year! :) You and your sweet family can stay at our house and hopefully, Subby will entertain us once again!

And for what it is worth, besides all the organizers and workers doing a fantastic job, .....virtually all of the "Commercial" entries were indeed decorated this years. All but 2 or 3 to some degree, and many were done up big time.

Daisy Dog had a wonderful time but kept wanting to attack everytime a "D-O-G". came by, in the parade or on the sidewalk, but LOVED all the attention from the parade watchers.

Then with the horses and ponies it was "Katie bar the door". She appeared to want horsemeat for dinner. And for such a cute little dog to turn so vicious and ferocious.

Some 4 pound dogs just don't understand how little they are drinks.gif

And for what it is worth, besides all the organizers and workers doing a fantastic job, .....virtually all of the "Commercial" entries were indeed decorated this years. All but 2 or 3 to some degree, and many were done up big time.

Daisy Dog had a wonderful time but kept wanting to attack everytime a "D-O-G". came by, in the parade or on the sidewalk, but LOVED all the attention from the parade watchers.

Then with the horses and ponies it was "Katie bar the door". She appeared to want horsemeat for dinner. And for such a cute little dog to turn so vicious and ferocious.

I wish I could have seen you and your beautiful bride surepip - hope you had a great time! You have certainly "paid your dues" when it comes to the Christmas parade and you have also worked very hard to make this a great event!

1354405268[/url]' post='3731254']

I thought your "rusty" Christmas songs were fantastic.

1354405268[/url]' post='3731254']

• Like 1

Subby is fantastic on the keyboard! He is extremely talented and I think I could listen to him all night long!

I wound up taking the Grand at the last minute. She sat on my shoulders for most of the parade. While I noticed a few chunking candy (the kid in front of me was hit at least twice, in the face) most tossed. A couple of people even came and put candy in my had for the Grand. :wub: She had such a great time and fell fast asleep as soon as we got home. In her defense, she tried to fall asleep on the way home, but I knew she would not go back to sleep so I kept her awake for the 10 minute drive.

BB- One of these days!!! :wub:

It was such a beautiful and warm day.

My daughter and DIL went with the grandbabies and had a great time!

Lord, I remember the years walking with my kids in scouts, dance and band. And then taking my older grandson.

Hopefully, next year I'll make it.

I love the Dallas parade. :wub: A lot of hard work goes into this event!

We had fun too. Loved watching my daughter march. My little boy LOVED the fire trucks, and pretty much all of the vehicles in general. I'm really glad we went. It was a good time. Everyone was pleasant and it was well organized. We will definitely go again.

• Like 2

I am glad to hear that the participants put in a lot of effort. I hated that I missed it, as you know by the time I got back from Miss Jessie's service it was too late for me to get parked and on the grounds in time. It was important for me share with her family all the condolences. I helped them to find the thread and her video on their Iphones, While many people had been negative on the site, I wanted them to know our purpose of the video was to help others understand her.

I hated to miss my Daaa Daaa having a good time today.

Hopefully Millcreek will have a good slide show up soon so I can see it, she always does a great job.

Sorry I missed you Subby, It is good to know that a lot of people finally saw how wonderful you play.

I wound up taking the Grand at the last minute. She sat on my shoulders for most of the parade. While I noticed a few chunking candy (the kid in front of me was hit at least twice, in the face) most tossed. A couple of people even came and put candy in my had for the Grand. :wub: She had such a great time and fell fast asleep as soon as we got home. In her defense, she tried to fall asleep on the way home, but I knew she would not go back to sleep so I kept her awake for the 10 minute drive.

BB- One of these days!!! :wub:

I would have loved to have met you and your precious granddaugher - so glad you both had a good time.

So.....KRM, we are really going to have to make a lunch date soon or otherwise, I'm never gonna get to meet you!

It was such a beautiful and warm day.

My daughter and DIL went with the grandbabies and had a great time!

Lord, I remember the years walking with my kids in scouts, dance and band. And then taking my older grandson.

Hopefully, next year I'll make it.

I love the Dallas parade. :wub: A lot of hard work goes into this event!

I hope you make it next year also lowrider. Isn't it amazing that events like this bring back such good memories - I'm glad that your kids and now your grandkids are enjoying this event.

We had fun too. Loved watching my daughter march. My little boy LOVED the fire trucks, and pretty much all of the vehicles in general. I'm really glad we went. It was a good time. Everyone was pleasant and it was well organized. We will definitely go again.

So glad you had a good time Jenilyn! Hopefully, your little boy will soon be participating in the parade also. Maybe he will be DRIVING a fire truck one day! :)

• Like 1

I would have loved to have met you and your precious granddaugher - so glad you both had a good time.

So.....KRM, we are really going to have to make a lunch date soon or otherwise, I'm never gonna get to meet you!

Well, we didn't plan on going. She had a runny nose but it was warm and her Mama said I could take her. Total last minute. I thought about trying to find you but the Grand was getting tired and I didn't want to drag her through the crowds.

Lunch seems to be our only hope. :wub:

We had a blast. I felt bad for the end of the route......horses should always go last. The crapping chased a lot of folks off.

Glad you had a good time. The horses and their riders are great and are always an attraction at the Christmas parade. Yes, the horses did "use the restroom" - that is why they are at the end of the parade! :) We still love them though and love having them and their riders there! :)

I think the high school bands were great!

The high school bands were great - they also had so much excitement to our parade.

And on a different note, every single member of our high school bands I encountered today were extremely polite!

I wish I could have seen you and your beautiful bride surepip - hope you had a great time! You have certainly "paid your dues" when it comes to the Christmas parade and you have also worked very hard to make this a great event!

Thank you BB.

We stood across the street from you for a few minutes. and Melissa waved at you. She had her hair up though and you may not have recognized her.

I had Daisy Dog, who was yapping because another dog had the NERVE to come to her parade. Our Granddog LOVES people, licks and kisses everyone, but she has some severe social challenges when it comes to dealing with other animals, so we migrated back towards the old Courthouse.

I am glad to hear that the participants put in a lot of effort. I hated that I missed it, as you know by the time I got back from Miss Jessie's service it was too late for me to get parked and on the grounds in time. It was important for me share with her family all the condolences. I helped them to find the thread and her video on their Iphones, While many people had been negative on the site, I wanted them to know our purpose of the video was to help others understand her.

I hated to miss my Daaa Daaa having a good time today.

Hopefully Millcreek will have a good slide show up soon so I can see it, she always does a great job.

Sorry I missed you Subby, It is good to know that a lot of people finally saw how wonderful you play.

Daaa Daaa had a blast, and got petted by so many people she did not know what to do.

But we still have that Napoleon complex thing when it comes to other animals, including the horses. She wanted to leap out of my death grip on her and attack the horses, slay one, and take it home for dinner. She just thinks her 4-1/2 pounds is plenty to take on anything.

But she had a blast!drinks.gif As did we.

First time in probably 25 years we were there with NO kids or Grandchild. Just did not seem right. But the Granddog did what she could to fill the void.

Well everythings about been mentioned so i'll mention one thing i really liked that i normally dont see at our parades....We got there about 40 min early and got our chairs out...after we got seated i told my husbands i wished a vending machine would be rolled through there to buy a coke out of....about 5 min later a nice lady and young girl came by with a box selling sweet tea in ice! And this was good tea! for only $1.00 for a decent size cup. I felt like God must have heard my wish! Then after her several others came through selling popcorn and things! They were all trying to raise money for high schools! I think it was so awesome to have them walk by us! (I thought the porta-pottys being put out this year were nice also) Always enjoy Dallas parade!

Okay AGG - please come home for Christmas next year! :) You and your sweet family can stay at our house and hopefully, Subby will entertain us once again!

awwwwwwwwww! I just read your sweet post out loud to Will. If you're still up for it next year, we might just do that. I miss Christmas there so much.

BB, I got a good picture of you from the truck. ;) It is always good to see you, even from a distance. And, Lowrider, we saw your precious family on the route today!

I would have loved to have seen you and your precious kids!

awwwwwwwwww! I just read your sweet post out loud to Will. If you're still up for it next year, we might just do that. I miss Christmas there so much.

I'll be expecting you!

Well everythings about been mentioned so i'll mention one thing i really liked that i normally dont see at our parades....We got there about 40 min early and got our chairs out...after we got seated i told my husbands i wished a vending machine would be rolled through there to buy a coke out of....about 5 min later a nice lady and young girl came by with a box selling sweet tea in ice! And this was good tea! for only $1.00 for a decent size cup. I felt like God must have heard my wish! Then after her several others came through selling popcorn and things! They were all trying to raise money for high schools! I think it was so awesome to have them walk by us! (I thought the porta-pottys being put out this year were nice also) Always enjoy Dallas parade!

I agree and yes, the porta potties did come in very handy! :lol:

I think the high school bands were great!

Yes, they were great!!! Even the Grand enjoyed them til the drummers got in front of us. Then she covered her ears and said they were too loud. She is so funny! :lol:

Thank you BB.

We stood across the street from you for a few minutes. and Melissa waved at you. She had her hair up though and you may not have recognized her.

I had Daisy Dog, who was yapping because another dog had the NERVE to come to her parade. Our Granddog LOVES people, licks and kisses everyone, but she has some severe social challenges when it comes to dealing with other animals, so we migrated back towards the old Courthouse.

What kind of dog is Daisy Dog? The reason I ask is because we may have come to say hello. The Grand LOVES her some pups and wants to say hi to them all!!!