Paulding.com

What is your favorite Christmas song?

Mama Got Ran Over By a Reindeer

Um, it's Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.

My two favorites are Christmas In Dixie by Alabama, and O Holy Night sung by John Berry. I know several artists have sung O Holy Night, but the way he hits that high note bring chills to me every time.

My absolute favorite song ever, and it could be a Christmas song, is "I Have Seen The Light." It's usually a trio of men singing it in church, so it's not always easy to find, but I LOVE it. We were listening to my music list on my iPhone while on a long trip last week and that song came up in the mix. It had been so long since I'd heard it and as I was singing along I was teary-eyed.

I'm not a major "christmas" music fan, but I do like these .....

Oh Holy Night by Josh Groban

Christmas Eve Sarajevo by Trans Siberian Orchestra

Please Come Home for Christmas by the Eagles

There are a couple of others that I can listen to ....

and then there are some that are so over played I just want to pull the radio out and trash it ......

Happy listening y'all :)

This has always been my favorite ever since I was a small child :)

Mama Got Ran Over By a Reindeer

Silent Night by Mannheim Steamroller

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee. So cheesy, but I love it anyway.

Sleigh bells

Silver Bells (sung be either Dean Martin, Andy Williams or Anne Murray)

Oh Holy Night sung by either Johnny Mathis or John Denver.

• Like 1

I'm with J's mom: My verry verry favorIte is Christmas in Dixie by Alabama. They just don't play it enough! 2nd is anything sang by Karen Carpenter, especially, Merry Christmas Darling and No Place Like Home for the Holidays. Lastly, I luv Alan Jackson's Let It Be Christmas.

For fun, I enjoy Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch.

Oh Holy Night - Josh Groban, but even better is Michael Crawford (he starred in Phantom of the Opera). Just when you think he's done with the most difficult notes he surpasses them.

And to whomever posted the link to Bing and David Bowie, thanks! That's my other all time favorite, along with a many others.

• Like 1

So now I get to share my favorite. this song came out the year my husband and I started dating. We met in the fall and by Christmas we knew that we had found our soul mate.

This song always takes me back to that enchanted time, the magic of Christmas, the magic of new love.

Oh Holy Night - Josh Groban, but even better is Michael Crawford (he starred in Phantom of the Opera). Just when you think he's done with the most difficult notes he surpasses them.

And to whomever posted the link to Bing and David Bowie, thanks! That's my other all time favorite, along with a many others.

I saw Michael Crawford on Broadway as Phantom. Yes, he has a fantastic voice. I'd never heard him sing O Holy Night so I went to youtube and listen. Wow! That's all I can say! Tried to post a link but it didn't work. Thank you for telling us about Michael sing this!

Edited by doggies3

Oh Holy Night sung by either Johnny Mathis or John Denver.

My parents are CRAZY John Denver fans. The only Christmas albums I remember listening to as I grew up were Rocky Mountain Christmas and John Denver and the Muppets. I think my environmental outlook was slightly shaped by repeated exposure to "Alfie the Christmas Tree."

My parents are CRAZY John Denver fans. The only Christmas albums I remember listening to as I grew up were Rocky Mountain Christmas and John Denver and the Muppets. I think my environmental outlook was slightly shaped by repeated exposure to "Alfie the Christmas Tree."

:) I have Rocky Mountain Christmas in my car right now. I listen to it daily. I grew up listening to John Denver as well. I love him.

My mom loves the Johnny Mathis Christmas album. She played it daily during the Christmas season when I was a kid.