Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Baileybleu

Christmas Parade?

I have been a bunch of times and the more I go the more we get bored with it. I love the idea of the parade but it feels like a walking boring advertisement. I am all for letting people advertise, but so many companies hardly do anything. They just walk through with no overly decorate Christmas themed float- no candy. Nothing. Sitting on a trailer with one decor item is not really putting me in the Christmas spirit of it all. I really hope it is more exciting this year. Maybe it is just me, but I have had a few friends say the same thing. There is only usually a few really good floats to see it seems.

Edited by CarolineElizabeth
  • Like 3

I have been a bunch of times and the more I go the more we get bored with it. I love the idea of the parade but it feels like a walking boring advertisement. I am all for letting people advertise, but so many companies hardly do anything. They just walk through with no overly decorate Christmas themed float- no candy. Nothing. Sitting on a trailer with one decor item is not really putting me in the Christmas spirit of it all. I really hope it is more exciting this year. Maybe it is just me, but I have had a few friends say the same thing. There is only usually a few really good floats to see it seems.

I have been fussing about the same thing every year, vehicle after vehicle with not so much as a piece of tinsel. It is a Christmas parade it should be bright and colorful, children should have sparkly eyes.

The worse year ever was a four wheeler club followed by a mud bogger club for about an our we had to sit and watch these things drive by with no type of Christmas anything on them. It was like standing on a corner watching traffic at an intersection.

Every entry should be required to display a Christmas theme for the children that stand for hours in the cold to see the floats.

• Like 3

Oh Lawd. I hope it's not boring. I've never been. I have to go because my dd is marching with AFROTC. I'm bringing my 2 year old, he gets bored quickly. He loves trucks and cars though so he might stay entertained a little longer than usual. I guess we'll see.

Edited by jenilyn

Hopefully some people will step it up this year. I am not going bc of this reason. I am interested to see if it is better. My daughter is going with friends and I hope they all enjoy it. I remember that year of the many many vehicles just driving through! ughh It for sure should be required to decorate! Is it really not? How lame is that. You need to fix this LPPT lol If people are wanting to advertise their company they should want to do it well! Not just pass out lame flyers. Kids do not care about that and it annoys us parents. Add candy to it with a decorated themed float.

Oh Lawd. I hope it's not boring. I've never been. I have to go because my dd is marching with AFROTC. I'm bringing my 2 year old, he gets bored quickly. He loves trucks and cars though so he might stay entertained a little longer than usual. I guess we'll see.

Take a stroller or Wagon with you if you are considering not doing so. It is crowded and my kids always wanted to sit at some parts.

I guess its just a matter of opinion and perspective but I think we have a fantastic parade -especially for a town our size! To be honest, this thread is the first time I have heard anyone say the parade is boring.

There are always lots of beautifully decorated floats and smiling, happy people. I personally have received feedback for the last 20 years that our parade is much more enjoyable and larger than other towns our size Christmas parades.

The most important thing though is that our parade benefits Paulding Christmas and Helping Hands which are instrumental in making Christmas brighter for our area children and their families.

Also important is the look of awe and happiness on the children's faces enjoying this parade -that makes the many months worth of preparation and hard work on the part of the volunteers all worthwhile.

The crowds are getting bigger every year at the parade so something must be right! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Edited by Beach Bum

Some do "come up short" on decorating, but, the majority seem to put effort into decorating, and of course, there are those that really stand out :) :)

I enjoy the Parade and will be there tomorrow......with camera :ph34r: :) :ph34r: :)

Well said BB.

The money those in the parade pay to participate ALL goes to charity.

Yes, I agree it might be better if everyone in the parade did decorate their vehicles in a Christmas Theme, and they might want to consider it improves their advertising if they were to spend a few bucks and some time to decorate.

But we will be there. We have been every year since we moved here in 1983 and enjoy the fact we still have a small town Christmas Parade.

Might want to put the Pooper Scooper brigade behind the politician floats instead of the horses.drinks.gif What 'ya think Feelip?

What school is she marching for?

You could skip the parade and go buy party supplies so you can celebrate WHEN the Georgia Dawgs win over the Crimson Tide on Saturday.

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I love the parade too! Every year for the 4th of July we go elsewhere and watch parades. But the Dallas Christmas Parade tops all local parades. I know the saddle club folks go all out every year to decorate their horses and ponies. And we have fun doing it. I love how ALL of the school bands participate. This year I will be walking with the Girl Scouts and we are not holding anything back as far as decorations.

I LOVE THIS PARADE and look forward to it every year!

• Like 1

I love the parade and I surely am not attacking organizers of it in any way. I know some of them and they are great people. It is a wonderful way for businesses to do something special for their community and most do.

The fund raising aspect of it is also wonderful.

I started going to the parade again after many years when I came to work for p.com.

The last year I stood out in the cold to watch an hour of everyday vehicles pass by was the last time for almost 10 years.

The parade application has many rules and regulations one must abide by to enter the parade.

Businesses and churches usually go all out with their floats, they pay a fee also to be in it.

When people don't return because only half of the parade participants provide the theme it hurts those that put in a lot of effort to entertain the crowds.

I will say the last few years were a huge improvement over many years ago.

It is something for the organizers to keep in mind when planning the parade, either encouragement to have a Christmas theme or discouraging those that do not.

I certainly don't criticize the people in our community that devote their time and effort to improving it just because I can. It's a lot easier to offer criticism than to make an effort to help.

The parade can be improved for those that attend be stressing that it is for entertainment of the people that come to see it every year. Many of them come hours early to park and get a good spot to watch. It is often cold and windy. the restrooms, food, and drink are few and far between. They come every year to support the efforts of everyone that works hard to put it on.

It goes both ways.

Funny, last time I went I thought the same thing, boring and the politicians... well needless to say I won't be going back.

• Like 1

Brookwood Learning Center will have an AWESOME float.

Edited by janko9
  • Like 1

Brookwood Learning Center will have an AWESOME float.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Take pics and post them for us to see !!

East Paulding. :)

My girl is marching in the parade for EPHS AFJROTC as well!

:drinks:

I love going esp. cause this will be her last year marching, but last year it was cold as the debil!!!!

Edited by hoohaa

We have went many times over the years. We've even participated with some of the groups including the PCOM float one year.

I do have to somewhat agree with LPPT, the participants really should try to keep to a theme, I think it would keep the crowd a little more enthused about returning again next year.

As for throwing candy to the crowd, I think that is pretty cool, but folks at the end of the route get left out sometimes due to the participants throwing out "way too much" at the beginning. There is candy all over the street by the time it is over.

That being said, it is nice that Dallas still has a hometown parade and we will probably be there again this year.

It is boring and it does suck. But at least it's long. It used to be better. I thiink if you want to be in the parade you should have to have a real float and candy. If I want to look at a 3 hour advertisement I can stay home and read the yellow pages.