Paulding.com

RIP MISS JESSIE!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean I can drive through Hiram without being scared she'll throw another stick at my car because my music is "too loud"? Or that she'll scream at young children and terrorize them?   I can live

I will never forget the few hours I sat with Miss Jessie on the Dallas square. People thought she was crazy, she was the most real person I have ever known. Miss Jessie had a gift that was more a cur

I've been hated on here for half a decade. Half the fun is seeing whiny housewives getting mad over stuff instead of just taking some more Paxil. But thanks.

Posted Images

So sorry to hear this. We love Ms. Jessie. Saw her a few weeks ago at the redlight at the Briar Patch. She yelled hey baby to us. My daughter just saw her at church this past Sunday. She will be missed by many.

Edited by Rainbow

Bless her heart, I saw her around town not long ago. In spite of all of her problems, in her own way she brought together this community of Paulding County. People cared about her, although few of us knew her well. She will be missed by her family, her friends, and all of us.

If anyone knows about her services, please post. :(

My heart is broken, I truly loved her.

I have so many wonderful memories of her.

She was one of the strongest and most positive people I have ever met. Nothing could keep her down, not long anyway.

Her faith in and love for God never wavered even through sickness, her "The Lord will carry me through" attitude was inspiring.

Now the Lord has carried her home and in my minds eye I can see that beautiful face just smiling so big because she is now with our Father.

I will see you again my friend.

You mean I can drive through Hiram without being scared she'll throw another stick at my car because my music is "too loud"? Or that she'll scream at young children and terrorize them?

I can live with that.

• Like 3

You mean I can drive through Hiram without being scared she'll throw another stick at my car because my music is "too loud"? Or that she'll scream at young children and terrorize them?

I can live with that.

I applaud you for your truthfulness and willingness to be sanctioned forever by P.Com participants.

I applaud you for your truthfulness and willingness to be sanctioned forever by P.Com participants.

I've been hated on here for half a decade. Half the fun is seeing whiny housewives getting mad over stuff instead of just taking some more Paxil. But thanks. :)

• Like 1

We will miss you Ms. Jessie! I am so glad i got to see Ms. Jessie just this past Sunday at church. I got to hug her twice. She seemed just fine...just shows we never know when it'll be our time to go! We heard there will be a viewing at Golden Methodist Church on Hwy 92 in Douglasville Sat 10-12....Love Ya Ms. Jessie! Go rest now.:air_kiss:

I will never forget the few hours I sat with Miss Jessie on the Dallas square.

People thought she was crazy, she was the most real person I have ever known. Miss Jessie had a gift that was more a curse than anything. She could see, past your fake smile, your fashionable clothes, your power trip.

She saw you for who you really were, you can take that any way you want to, you may have been wearing your best face when you walked or drove by her, but she saw you. She saw your fear, your insecurity, scorn, she saw it. She saw it everywhere she went all day. She was the reflection that you refused to look at.

I saw that day, what Miss Jessie saw, a life time of seeing pushed Miss Jessie over the edge.

I learned a lot that day, I saw what she saw at the same time. I might as well have not been sitting there as a few passed by, their smiles did not fool Miss Jessie or me. I am often reminded of the song Curtis Lo when when I think of Miss Jessie.

She was a priceless treasure to those who Got it, and useless to those that didn't. She spent a lifetime singing the blues, on the day she died she had nothin to lose.

We lost something when Miss Jessie passed, we as a community may never have another chance to learn tolerance on that level, nor will our children. Tolerance is the glue of society, you don't have to like everything, but you do have to tolerate a lot to make it work.

I will never forget the day I stopped in the intersection with the window down, Miss Jessie was pumping the bible in one hand, and swinging the tambourine in the other screamin to the f'in sinners at the top of her lungs, she had a powerful message and she used powerful language and even switches to get your attention.

She was strong scary strong, when you looked in her face you knew that you could not beat her down, that scared Christians and sinners alike. She did not need nor want your approval, the urge to scorn her was spoke of weakness and boy could she see it.

You could not fake it with her.

Yall can nay say her all day, yet with every word you pay homage to a little ole black lady that made a community acknowledge her as relevant.

Miss Jessie always had the last laugh, hundreds of folks over the years got on this message board and talked about how she was crazy and they thought she should be put away.

But most never got in her face, and those few that did ended up on the losing end of that.

I still smile to myself when I think of her. For a nut job she sure made herself a place in this world, she achieved a lot.

Can I get an Amen Baby :wub:

• Like 8

People thought she was crazy, she was the most real person I have ever known. Miss Jessie had a gift that was more a curse than anything. She could see, past your fake smile, your fashionable clothes, your power trip.

She saw you for who you really were, you can take that any way you want to, you may have been wearing your best face when you walked or drove by her, but she saw you. She saw your fear, your insecurity, scorn, she saw it. She saw it everywhere she went all day. She was the reflection that you refused to look at.

I saw that day, what Miss Jessie saw, a life time of seeing pushed Miss Jessie over the edge.

I learned a lot that day, I saw what she saw at the same time. I might as well have not been sitting there as a few passed by, their smiles did not fool Miss Jessie or me. I am often reminded of the song Curtis Lo when when I think of Miss Jessie.

She was a priceless treasure to those who Got it, and useless to those that didn't. She spent a lifetime singing the blues, on the day she died she had nothin to lose.

We lost something when Miss Jessie passed, we as a community may never have another chance to learn tolerance on that level, nor will our children. Tolerance is the glue of society, you don't have to like everything, but you do have to tolerate a lot to make it work.

I will never forget the day I stopped in the intersection with the window down, Miss Jessie was pumping the bible in one hand, and swinging the tambourine in the other screamin to the f'in sinners at the top of her lungs, she had a powerful message and she used powerful language and even switches to get your attention.

She was strong scary strong, when you looked in her face you knew that you could not beat her down, that scared Christians and sinners alike. She did not need nor want your approval, the urge to scorn her was spoke of weakness and boy could she see it.

Yall can nay say her all day, yet with every word you pay homage to a little ole black lady that made a community acknowledge her as relevant.

Miss Jessie always had the last laugh, hundreds of folks over the years got on this message board and talked about how she was crazy and they thought she should be put away.

But most never got in her face, and those few that did ended up on the losing end of that.

I still smile to myself when I think of her. For a nut job she sure made herself a place in this world, she achieved a lot.

How bout a Hey BABY! :wub:

• Like 2

AMEN BABY!!!!!!

Absolutely beautiful memorial to her.... And so very, very true!

Funeral services for Ms.Jessie McGarity will be Saturday Dec 1,2012@12pm.at Golden U.M.C church in Douglasville..you may view the body from 10-12 at the church..please inbox or call for more info...I know we going to have some church up in there!That's what she would've wanted!#smiling thru the tears!

Edited by oscarmeyer

For years, I thought that she was crazy.

I was with my whole family at McDonald's in Hiram, once. She was sitting in there around breakfast time. I asked her if she was Miss Jessie and said hello. I asked my children to say hello, also (up until then, they were scared of that lady that yelled at everyone). She was sweet as could be and told my daughters how beautiful that they were. After that, WE yelled at her when we drove by. Always a "Hey, Miss Jessie!" and always a "Hey, Baby!" right back at us.

Take the time to talk to people and you may find out that they aren't as crazy as you think......unless it's Pubby, then you will find out that he is Nucking Futz. 8)

Funeral services for Ms.Jessie McGarity will be Saturday Dec 1,2012@12pm.at Golden U.M.C church in Douglasville..you may view the body from 10-12 at the church..please inbox or call for more info...I know we going to have some church up in there!That's what she would've wanted!#smiling thru the tears!

What funeral home is handling the arrangements?

Good Bye Miss Jessie!!! You will forever be missed. :(

The only thing about this that can take the sad away is the fact that she is no longer suffering and is now safe.

Please post if there are any services of any type. :wub:

Yes please, share services info.

We shared our stories of her back in 2006 when we first met. Now we share of grief

Many wanted her gone, called the police and kept their kids away from her. She walked our streets pushing a shopping cart and shaking her tambourine or switch while shouting the "gospel". Through the efforts of a few Miss Jessie was introduced to the community as not a nut that called them white devil bitches(excuse that but it was her words)but a woman with mental illness that in her mind was our street preacher. I saw so many over the last 10 years or so come together for her, together they provided electricity, basic comforts and heat to her home. Many brought food to her home along with flowers as they knew how she loved them, many just came to let her know she was loved. Still many complained, while "street preaching" she often walked into local fast food places and filled her cup. We all knew the managers would have to react and many would jump up to buy that drink, some lunch and share fellowship. Not the Christian kind, Miss Jessie reached far beyond that, it was more the human kind of fellowship. It taught my kids something no school could ever teach, they saw the power of giving someone a flower, a lunch and a kind word. They got to know her not as the person yelling and cussing road side but as a woman that had love in her heart for all of us. They got to learn compassion at a young age that I see in their daily lives now.

The first is short, Her thanking us all after a hospital stay. She had kidney failure and other health issues. Her signature sign off "Hey Baby" is what she would say when we beeped, waved or told her we loved her after being given the riot act for having the devil in me. The second video is longer and tells a story of mental illness and the hard times it brought with her family.

Today I stand proud to be a White Devil Bitch!

i just saw this, if anyone want to car pool I will be going and have room

Another Miss Jessie story posted on my FB

Bruce, we met Miss Jessie several years ago and learned her name. Before we learned her name, we had dubbed her "Sister Love," and we have called her that ever since. She like the name. We always wave, beep, and tell her we love her when we see her. She's also psychic. She diagnosed my cancer and told Connie I would pull through and that Paul was going to do well in college. She was right on both counts.

Another story from FB posted by my daughter

Miss Jessie will always be remembered ♥ I remember when i was in about 5th grade and we stopped on the side of the road and gave her flowers for valentines day. Her face just lit up with joy, Many thought she was crazy, but many were also afraid to get to know her for who she was, and see beyond her mental illness. Everyone deserves a chance ♥

I loved me some Sister Jessie!! She was the sweetest person with one of the purest hearts I've ever had the pleasure to know! She use to come to in the church and sit on the steps at the alter and listen to Brother Graham preach and always giving an Amen! That woman could sing too, I remeber when I went to see her on one of her many hospital stays we would sit and sing Amazing Grace together and she even shared some of her songs she had written! She was always kind to me and my boys and she will be missed!

• Like 1

Oh no! Miss. Jessie, My family and I are foing to miss you so much but we will never forget. you. You always brightened our day when we drove by and you yelled, "Heeeeeey Baaaaaby." My kids loved you so.

You were always kind to us, and even if I didn't know you personally, my whole family loved you. :wub: :wub: You are one inspiring lady and I will carry what you've taught me anout being humility and love.

Rest In Peace Miss Jessie, it's just not going to be the same with out your sweet, precious soul.

Here's a poem I found for You:

Goodbye my love You're time has come.

The doctor says your gone, It's done.

I knew it was coming, but I never dreamed you'd go so fast

At least the pain and suffering is gone

I miss you dearly And hold you nearly to my heart

I miss your stories..your hugs and kisses

But the time has come to say goodbye

Although it hurts I know it's right

So I must try so here it comes

Goodbye my love

Your time has come