Paulding.com

If you signed a Petition to Secede from the United States of America

The following letter was sent to me by my company, It appears that the Govt doesn't take lightly People who have security clearances with access to sensitive Information that no longer wants to be part of the United States of America.

ATTENTION All (edited) Employees:

We have just received a directive from the Defense Security Service (DSS) stating that any employee holding a current U.S. DOD clearance who has signed a Petition to Secede from the United States of America must advise the company’s Facility Security Officer (Edited) of this action. Failure to notify the company FSO could result in termination of the employee’s U.S. DOD security clearance.

Background: Several on-line and similar petitions are circulating the country at present for citizens to sign that they wish their home state to secede from the USA and form their own government – one petition is to form the United States of Texas. While this may seem like an innocent protest, the DOD takes these type actions seriously. At some point DSS is going to start comparing names on these petitions to names of cleared contractor employees and if your name appears on both, it could be problematic. The only way to get out in front of this if you have signed one of these petitions is to let (edited) know so that we have a record of it. Failure to let us know could result in suspension or termination of your DOD clearance in the future.

While (edited) as a company cannot and will not advise employees as to their political points of view, succession movements are taken seriously by the government.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact (edited) or myself.

While I agree that this secession bologna, is just that, I also believe that you two are dopes. Mutiny? That is the violent take over of leadership. This is neither violent or a takeover.

Violence is aforethought, in this case, because it would certainly lead to Civil War, dope-head! drinks.gif

I agree, get em out of areas were sensitive info and weapons are stored. There is stuff going on with this not public yet. When it unfolds you will find some of our enemies are currently trying to provoke this and look for ways to fund these groups. Or enemies are patient and understand they need to pull us apart from the inside. Look how quick it happens, just a few years after Hitler the south was on the Jim Crow band wagon and spreading hate and a superior race. If you think Jim Crow would have stopped at blacks you are off your rocker. His agenda also included Jews, Catholics and slowing down the women's rights movement, he just was not able to continue as those not in the south's "forest" could see the trees.

I have voted both ways but I have to say I am tired of the republican witch hunts. Now when their witch hunt and racism did not win the election they are pouting like babies. Both sides need to stop doing the devil's work of hate and let this country move forward based on the choices of the people

• Like 3

I agree, get em out of areas were sensitive info and weapons are stored. There is stuff going on with this not public yet. When it unfolds you will find some of our enemies are currently trying to provoke this and look for ways to fund these groups. Or enemies are patient and understand they need to pull us apart from the inside. Look how quick it happens, just a few years after Hitler the south was on the Jim Crow band wagon and spreading hate and a superior race. If you think Jim Crow would have stopped at blacks you are off your rocker. His agenda also included Jews, Catholics and slowing down the women's rights movement, he just was not able to continue as those not in the south's "forest" could see the trees.

I have voted both ways but I have to say I am tired of the republican witch hunts. Now when their witch hunt and racism did not win the election they are pouting like babies. Both sides need to stop doing the devil's work of hate and let this country move forward based on the choices of the people

Bravo!

+100

• Like 1

And if you think loosing their clearance and job as a result is not freedom, let them try this in other countries. They would be shot and that would be that.

Shot, then hung. The convicted of a crime and sentenced for the next century in prison.

You might have a problem if :

You signed a petition to secede from the United States and their is a black SUV parked in your driveway that doesn't belong to you. ninja.gif

rofl.gif

Scary, isn't it!

The good thing is that a lot of those people were Cicken Little's, anyway. drinks.gif

Edited by The Postman

Maybe it's just because I was born and raised in the South, which by the way will rise again, but I believe this country was built on honest descent. Our forefathers even foresaw that the day could come when the people would disagree with their government and wrote into law the right to peaceful protest. The right to a Constitutional Convention and our freedom of the press guaranties these rights.

So before you start lining up everyone in front of a firing squad remember people have fought and died for these very Freedoms.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 3

While I agree that this secession bologna, is just that, I also believe that you two are dopes. Mutiny? That is the violent take over of leadership. This is neither violent or a takeover.

I basically agree chainshaw, these folks were making a silly statement, not committing mutiny. But as we saw in another topic where the stupid woman acted like she was shouting and throwing the bird at the world, folks were quick and felt justified in calling for her job.

This is just as silly and stupid, if not more so, that that senseless act. Free speech is a right and a responsibility and the question is what level of response is reasonable for stupid commentary on that level? The expression of stupidity exhibited by those signing those petitions is on par with that of the woman. The judgment appears to be the woman should lose her job; can we accept anything less for these nincompoops who signed this petition on an official website of the United States of America?

pubby

PS: I personally thought that losing her job was an over-reaction to the stupidity of the woman so I personally wouldn't call for these folks jobs ... but I think that parity for the two acts is reasonable.

Maybe it's just because I was born and raised in the South, which by the way will rise again, but I believe this country was built on honest descent. Our forefathers even foresaw that the day could come when the people would disagree with their government and wrote into law the right to peaceful protest. The right to a Constitutional Convention and our freedom of the press guaranties these rights.

So before you start lining up everyone in front of a firing squad remember people have fought and died for these very Freedoms.

Good points when you put it that way

Article III section 3:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attained.

Well said.

Haven't any of you read or remember whar is said in the Declation

of Independence?

"That whenever any Form of Goverment becomes destructive of these

Ends , it is the Right of the people to alter or to aolish it, and to institue

new goverment"

FReedom of speech is not about the right to use curse words or to

be able to publish obsene magizines, it is the right to protest agains

the govement and to advocate it desalution

Haven't any of you read or remember whar is said in the Declation

of Independence?

"That whenever any Form of Goverment becomes destructive of these

Ends , it is the Right of the people to alter or to aolish it, and to institue

new goverment"

FReedom of speech is not about the right to use curse words or to

be able to publish obsene magizines, it is the right to protest agains

the govement and to advocate it desalution

Absolutely ...

The unsaid part of that statement is that alter or abolishing most any government always requires sacrifice. If there are government workers with security clearances in the group of those signing on for secession, I would think removing their secret clearances and or removing them from their clearances or jobs would be an amazingly civilized response to such a statement of intent as secession.

The assertion that one supports secession is after all, a statement that logically means the person does not support the government as constituted.

Indeed, those within the government who hold the belief that the government should be altered or abolished should either stand up within the government and make change or, failing that, enforce their termination from government service if their changes are rejected.

I actually believe that part of the problem we have today revolves down to competence in government. Said differently, we've hired a bunch of folks over the years who don't believe in government at all and who have been working diligently to destroy it from the inside by destroying support for it. Many of those have chosen sandbagging, doing half or a quarter as much as they should as their method. Of course it is more than that; it involves the creation of culture of us v them and why should we 'serve' them.

I further think it foolhardy for the rest of us to continue supporting them in their incompetence and would rather separate them from their government service rather than endure their continued sabotage of support for the solutions that exist.

It would be imminently more honest and forthright for them to all quit in protest. I would certainly have greater respect for them if they did. But the idea that they're screwing up because they see themselves as some cog in the wheel of the starve the beast strategy that calls for them to be grossly inefficient and incompetent spendthrifts is to me worse than just defrauding the people, it borders on treason.

The only thing that protects them from that is that the American voter placed the leaders of this insanity in power and allowed them to inculcate the culture and perpetrate this stupid strategy under the guise of conservatism.

pubby

[/size]

The following letter was sent to me by my company, It appears that the Govt doesn't take lightly People who have security clearances with access to sensitive Information that no longer wants to be part of the United States of America.

ATTENTION All (edited) Employees:

We have just received a directive from the Defense Security Service (DSS) stating that any employee holding a current U.S. DOD clearance who has signed a Petition to Secede from the United States of America must advise the company’s Facility Security Officer (Edited) of this action. Failure to notify the company FSO could result in termination of the employee’s U.S. DOD security clearance.

Background: Several on-line and similar petitions are circulating the country at present for citizens to sign that they wish their home state to secede from the USA and form their own government – one petition is to form the United States of Texas. While this may seem like an innocent protest, the DOD takes these type actions seriously. At some point DSS is going to start comparing names on these petitions to names of cleared contractor employees and if your name appears on both, it could be problematic. The only way to get out in front of this if you have signed one of these petitions is to let (edited) know so that we have a record of it. Failure to let us know could result in suspension or termination of your DOD clearance in the future.

While (edited) as a company cannot and will not advise employees as to their political points of view, succession movements are taken seriously by the government.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact (edited) or myself.

Please read the following :o

"DSS Notice Regarding Secession Petitions

November 16, 2012

DSS personnel have recently received questions from security personnel at cleared contractors about whether contractors should file adverse information reports pursuant to NISPOM paragraph 1-302 regarding cleared persons who sign petitions to allow a state to withdraw or secede from the United States.

It also appears that erroneous statements have been made to the effect that DSS is directing contractors to treat the signing of such petitions as reportable adverse information.

Please note that DSS has not provided any approved direction or guidance. DSS is not directing any contractor to file adverse information reports regarding persons who have signed secession or withdrawal petitions. This issue is under review and DSS will provide information to contractors when that review is complete."

http://www.dss.mil/about_dss/news/20121116.html

Edited by cobbobig