Paulding.com

Missing Cobb Special Needs Teen May Be in Paulding

UPDATE: HE'S BEEN FOUND. http://dallas-hiram.patch.com/articles/cobb-teen-missing-since-friday-6ffdf1ca#photo-12224497

Just received a CodeRed phone alert from Cobb County police (automated alert system) regarding the following:

http://dallas-hiram.patch.com/articles/cobb-teen-missing-since-friday-6ffdf1ca#photo-12224497 see photos in the link

From The Patch:

"Cobb County authorities are asking for the public’s assistance in helping them locate a missing 16-year-old special needs boy who may have been seen in Paulding County.

According to Cobb Police, Wilford Hardnett was last seen walking eastbound on Dallas Highway towards Lost Mountain Park after jumping out of the window of a Cobb County special needs school bus about 4:25 p.m. Friday.

Hardnett may have also been sighted Friday between 6:30 and 7 p.m. in the area of Lost Mountain Park, and again Saturday morning in the area of East Paulding Drive in Paulding County.

Hardnett is described as a black male, 6 feet 1 inches tall and 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans that appear to be too short with red designs on the front of them, and black sneakers.

Authorities from Cobb County police and fire, Georgia State Patrol, Cobb Emergency Response Team and the Cobb County Sheriff’s Office have all been searching since Hardnett was reported missing.

Anyone with information about Wilford Hardnett is asked to call 911."

Edited by cobbobig

Something is up with this story. A 6'1", 180 lb person jumping out of a bus window? Why on earth didn't the bus pull over and stop? I wouldn't want to be that bus driver.

Plus there would have been lots of traffic in that area at that time.

Somebody should have seen it and dialed 911.

Hoping that he is found safe.

Edited by mysterious

This may not be a popular sentiment, but someone IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS BOY BEING MISSING!! I know for a fact that on special needs buses, there are attendants and certainly a bus driver. So this boy jumped out of a window and they just drove on? It seems to me that if they had stopped immediately, he could have at least been attended until police or a parent arrived. Did he run so fast that he was gone as soon as he hit the ground? I have a real hard time believing that this was handled properly or that it even happened the way it's being told. Having a special needs granddaughter, this MAKES ME FURIOUS and sad and worried..

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 1

This may not be a popular sentiment, but someone IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS BOY BEING MISSING!! I know for a fact that on special needs buses, there are attendants and certainly a bus driver. So this boy jumped out of a window and they just drove on? It seems to me that if they had stopped immediately, he could have at least been attended until police or a parent arrived. Did he run so fast that he was gone as soon as he hit the ground? I have a real hard time believing that this was handled properly or that it even happened the way it's being told. Having a special needs granddaughter, this MAKES ME FURIOUS and sad and worried..

I agree. It makes no sense to me. I'm really glad he was found safe.