Paulding.com

Kids tablet

Depends on how old they are. $150 seems like an awful lot of money for a "kids" tablet that they will only use for a year or two at best. Then they will want something else.

You can get a Kindle Fire for $159 so I would spend the extra $9 and get something like that which they can continue to use as they grow.

Plus you can use it. :D

We have an iPad and he is wanting something like that. He wants to play games on it. I'm not a reader so I wouldn't use a kindle

A kindle fire would be my choice.You don't have to be a reader to have one. I have tons of games on my kindle that my kids love to play.They can also watch Netflix on it!! The kindle fire is very useful for other things besides reading.

• Like 1

You can get a decent 10" Acer A-200 tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich (android 4.1+) which has a dual core nvidea processor, 1 gb of processor ram and 8 gigs of ROM. It has a full USB connection and will take up to a 32 gb micro SD card. These are available refurbed for $150.00 online but will set you back close to $300 at Walmart.

When I first saw this deal back in the summer - I was going to get one for my son - I was shopping and shopping and when I saw this, read its reviews I snapped up three of them.

pubby

I just picked up a Google Nexus 7 for Staples for 200 for a 16G. With an Android tablet you can get a free program called Kid Mode. Basically locks it down to only those programs you allow them to get to. Works great for our 4yo. There are a few other cheaper tablets running Android out there. If your up for a small drive, check out Micro Center, they have a few of brand tablets, some under 100.

I agree with everyone else, don't get the "toy" tablets. Too high of price, no real long term use, and usually are made like other toys, which are on the cheap side.

We're trying to decide what to get for the princess this year. She's a wiz on our iPad, but I'm just not ready to invest that much for a tablet for a 5 year old... The Kindle Fire looks like a good option, but I haven't checked out the android tablets yet.

My son has asked for a MEEP for Christmas (kids tablet). In the toys r us ad there are 2 other kid tablets. How do you decide which one is better? They are all the same price. $149

MEEP

TABEO

KURIO

All three of those get crap reviews. Don't waste your money on them. Go with the Kindle. My 9 yr old grand daughter loves hers.

Can you do everything on a Nook Color that you can do on a Kindle Fire? I'm looking at getting my little one something like this for Christmas and don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I know that she likes all the apps on my Kindle.

Nook Color. Refurb is $99 with warranty from B&N.