Paulding.com

Weight Loss

I've got to lose weight. I get in these moods where

"i know i can do it!" And do good for about a week and fall back off the wagon. Has anyone on here lost a significant amount of weight? How did you do it, how much did you lose in what time frame, what snacks etc did you eat.

I've got to stop playing around! Real stories might help :)

"i know i can do it!" And do good for about a week and fall back off the wagon. Has anyone on here lost a significant amount of weight? How did you do it, how much did you lose in what time frame, what snacks etc did you eat.

I've lost 105 since April, granted about half of that was weight lost from having a baby. But the other half was from walking 3 days a week for about 30 minutes a day, cutting back on fast food and sweets, and eating normal sized portions. It's not rocket science. I have slowed due to a foot injury about a month and a half ago, but I'm starting the Bridge to 10k app on Monday. I finished the Couch 2 5k app and walked a 5k in September (where I hurt my foot). I work full time, I've got 2 kinds 2 and under, if I can find the time anyone can.

• Like 1

they will answer ... i know there is a couple that hve lost quite a bit of weight this year ... Lady Raider ... n Raiders rock ? .. anyways .. dont get discouraged ... i will say this ... you have got to exercise regularly ... if you arent motivated .. getting a personal trainer might be a good way to go ... good luck to you both !

A few years ago I lost 80lbs, (I've since gained it all back). I think the thing that helped me at the time was that I was part of a small message board dedicated to weight loss/exercise/healthy eating. It was partly accountability to the other ladies on the board, partly competitiveness (I wanted to be number 1 every week when we weighed in). At the time I just ate better. Smaller dinners, salad for lunch every day and walking. The more I started thinking about it (ie counting calories, trying to get in more protein, etc) the worse I did. :unknw:

I can't seem to get that same momentum going again though. :(

I hired a personal trainer 1 time per week, cardio 3 days per week and my trainers work out one more day. Cut out all sugar, carbs and junk food. So far I have lost 20 pounds and 39 inches. Next weigh in is next Friday. I do cheat I do skip days at the gym and I do still have my wine.

Good luck it's hard and I hate to work out but I hit the wall that I was that fat person and had to do something.

Brandi

I hired a personal trainer 1 time per week, cardio 3 days per week and my trainers work out one more day. Cut out all sugar, carbs and junk food. So far I have lost 20 pounds and 39 inches. Next weigh in is next Friday. I do cheat I do skip days at the gym and I do still have my wine.

Good luck it's hard and I hate to work out but I hit the wall that I was that fat person and had to do something.

Brandi

How did you cut out ALL carbs? I've tried lo carb and have found that there are alot more foods that have carbs than i realized. What do you eat that's no carbs? Can you give some food and snack examples of what you have regularly?

A few years ago I lost 80lbs, (I've since gained it all back). I think the thing that helped me at the time was that I was part of a small message board dedicated to weight loss/exercise/healthy eating. It was partly accountability to the other ladies on the board, partly competitiveness (I wanted to be number 1 every week when we weighed in). At the time I just ate better. Smaller dinners, salad for lunch every day and walking. The more I started thinking about it (ie counting calories, trying to get in more protein, etc) the worse I did. :unknw:

I can't seem to get that same momentum going again though. :(

I'm a member of a board like that but it hasn't really done anything for me. Maybe if i make a post requesting a few people of my same stature and weight to compete with me so i have someone to answer to...that could work.

I've lost about 30 lbs over the past 8 months. I started out by watching what I eat...I have cut out alot of the sugar (sweets), carbs and cokes. I still do eat/drink them, but, not as much. Water, Water, Water and I began doing the c25k program (I am still on week 4, lol). It hasn't been hard, but, it has worked.

There is no quick fix. I had gestational diabetes and definitly don't want diabetes, so, I figured I'd loose weight. Although, even with my excercise and weigt loss, my sugar is up there (fasting 120, A1C of 6.0)...so, it didn't help me any in that department :closedeyes: .

Good luck!

You can't cut an entire food group out of your diet, it isn't healthy. You can choose better carbs, but not zero carbs. When the Atkins diet was the big thing, people would order bacon cheeseburgers, hold the bun, and think they were doing a good thing--never mind all the fat and calories being consumed. Eat 6 small meals instead of 3 large ones and exercise. One pound is 3500 calories. I found a great app for my phone called LoseIt. You enter your starting weight, sex, goal weight, and if you want to lose 1, 1 1/2, or 2 lbs per week and it tells you when you'll reach that goal. It tells you your daily calorie allotment and you can input every food you eat and exercise you do and it tracks it and shows how many you have left for the day. It's got a bar code scanner so you can scan grocery store foods, you can change the portion size, and it gives you little reward badges. It makes you very aware of what you're eating.

Get exercise, even if you just walk 30 minutes a day.

My Fitness Pal has been a big help for me. It's so easy to track your food intake, using their huge database of foods. It's surprising how quickly calories, fats, etc add up through the day and it really helps to see it laid out for you. In addition, you can keep a record of your exercise and calories burned. There is also a forum and there are so many groups, it's easy to find one specific to your needs. There are many "challenges" and lots of recipes, advice & support. It's also very motivational to look at the "Success Stories" forum, usually full of before & after pics... and progress pics. I've been using the site for 2 months and have never been asked for a dime. It's FREE!

I wouldn't suggest trying to cut out ALL carbs, just choose the healthy ones. Use common sense. Choose a serving of nuts or beans over a serving of potato chips.

I'm currently using Thrive Weight Loss. Their fees are unbelievably cheap. My husband and I started in January of last year. By the time he deployed in June, he had lost 35 pounds (13 from his goal). I lost 24 and was 9 from my goal. Now that he is back home we started back on the program after gaining 5 pounds of it back. We will reach our goals by the end of the year. What I like about the program is we eat regular foods you can purchase at the grocery store.

Thrive Weight Loss

Edited by WineShopatHome

How did you cut out ALL carbs? I've tried lo carb and have found that there are alot more foods that have carbs than i realized. What do you eat that's no carbs? Can you give some food and snack examples of what you have regularly?

I will message you a copy of a day of my meal plan he put me on. It sucks but it worked.

Push aways!

Push your plate away before it is empty.

Stop eating ANYTHING after 7:00 at night. You don't need it. (6:00 if possible)

Eat a good HEALTHY breakfast, a good lunch, and very light dinner.

The longer your stomach can go overnight, less full, the more it can actually shrink.

Drink a lot of water.

Try to never stuff yourself. Eat slower and drink water.

If you look at the wasted calories in most drinks, it's the first place to strart lowering your calorie intake.

Lifestyle change is the key to loosing weight and keeping it off.

Slow progress is good, not backing up is better. Do not get discouraged.

Look at everything that you eat and decide if it si actual nutrition or just "taste good" food. There is a big differance.

Read the book Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis. Eliminate sugar, bread and soft drinks - eat poultry, fish, meat, veggies and some fruits. Healthy fats are good for you. Drink lots of water, add a little lemon juice if you like. Green tea is good also. Do not substitute sugar with artificial sweeteners as they are dangerous. I have heard that some people allow themselves one day to eat whatever they want.

I'm doing Weight Watchers. The program works....my head wasn't totally into the game in the past, but I made a total recommitment to it on 8/31.

I *finally* realized that the only time I have been successful on the plan is by keeping a food journal, trying to keep track in my head, phone app, etc. just didn't do it for me. so...every single day, I WRITE DOWN what I eat...the good, the bad, the ugly. I have lost weight every single week I began doing this. Something a bout seeing it on paper, I guess.

Second.....water, water, water. I drink at least 64 oz of water each day.

Third.....fruits and vegetables. I try to have as much as I can with each meal.

Last...GET MOVING! Walk, join a gym, buy (and learn to use) a hula hoop, learn to skate, dust off the elliptical/treadmill, water aerobics. Make up a schedule and stick to it. When I started using my elliptical, I could only do three minutes and thought it was going to kill me....it didn't. I can now do an entire 30 minute cardio routine daily. My goal is to be able to complete a 5K by my birthday.

Sample menu:

Breakfast: 1 egg scrambled with 2 tsp olive oil; 1 cup of grapes or an apple; 1/2 cup of diced potatoes heated in whatever oil remained in the pan.

Lunch: 2oz fat free deli turkey on 1 whole grain Natures Own Bread round, topped with sliced tomatoes, onion, and lettuce and 1Tbsp fat free Salad dressing; piece of fruit.

Dinner: 3oz chicken breast, roasted veggies (squash, zucchini, onions)

Snacks (pick from the list): fruit, carrot sticks and sliced peppers using low fat Honey Mustard dressing as a dipping sauce, 2 slices of cheese sliced into strips on low fat wheat thins, air popped popcorn.

If you HAVE to eat fast food, just make it a once a week thing....not an every day thing....and try ordering off the dollar menu rather than a combo meal (smaller portions).

Learn the code for good/bad food choices (bad: fried, creamed, al fredo, etc. good: steamed, grilled, baked, broiled). Learn to ask how things are prepared or ask for your entree to be served so that half is on your plate and the remaining half is placed in a to go box.

Good luck!

Edited by BooRadley

My version of low carb. Any meat fruit or vegetable and nuts. NO potatoes NO rice No pasta NO bread NO SUGAR. Apples were ok and worked for me. I did use any salad dressing just not huge amounts. Lots of water. I can not exercise and gained weight from steroids but I lost 45 pounds. After two weeks I would give myself one day to eat whatever I wanted but would not eat like a crazy person...normal portions only. Basically I lost about five pounds a week and did not gain it back. I attribute this to some natural carbs and it worked.

After struggling for many years I have begun working with ISAGENIX. It addresses the toxins (at the cellular level) accumulated in the body. Fat encapsulates toxic material to protect you.

In my 1st cleanse I reduced 10 lbs and 14.5 inches. I have been working on it now for 6 months and have continued to lose at a safe steady pace.

BEWARE of the HCG stuff. I am on our state board and we are seeing a LOT of issues with it.

Feel free to PM for more information. I'll be happy to share my whole story.

Dr. Nicole

1352493761[/url]' post='3720628']

I'm currently using Thrive Weight Loss. Their fees are unbelievably cheap. My husband and I started in January of last year. By the time he deployed in June, he had lost 35 pounds (13 from his goal). I lost 24 and was 9 from my goal. Now that he is back home we started back on the program after gaining 5 pounds of it back. We will reach our goals by the end of the year. What I like about the program is we eat regular foods you can purchase at the grocery store.

Thrive Weight Loss

My doctor recommended I look into this diet as it would be great for my Type I diabetes. How on earth do you stick with it?? It seems to me liked could never do it. Do you find it hard? Do you eat the same things all the time or do you have choices? Is meal preparation hard and time-consuming?

I work at Innovative health & wellness in

Woodstock @ 92 (it's a weight loss program

) we would love to have you! Please give us a call

770-926-4646! Lookin forward to hearing from you

Or anyone! We also have a website

Www.innovativehealthandwellness.com

First thing, seriously, is NO COKES! Diet or otherwise. NO SOFT DRINKS!! Only drink water. Aim for 64oz a day.

(disclaimer: I think cokes are the devil. When I was fat, the first thing I did was replace cokes with water, and weight fell off immediately. Also, diet drinks are even worse for you. Do not drink them; regardless of the calorie content of "0".)

• Like 1

I lost 101 lbs in 8 months, I did a lot of cardio, strength training and low/no carbs. I didn't do atkins, just cut out all junk and only drank water. The key to weight loss starts in your head, that is THE secret. If you want it, you will be successful. I've got a fantastic personal trainer who works out of her home, she is $20 a week and I got 3-5 times a week. I have built a lot of lean muscle and finallu in pretty good shape.

I don't have any before shots, I hated a camera and refused to take pictures. This is me today, 110 lbs total.

post-16579-0-02796600-1352523565_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaidersRock

I lost 101 lbs in 8 months, I did a lot of cardio, strength training and low/no carbs. I didn't do atkins, just cut out all junk and only drank water. The key to weight loss starts in your head, that is THE secret. If you want it, you will be successful. I've got a fantastic personal trainer who works out of her home, she is $20 a week and I got 3-5 times a week. I have built a lot of lean muscle and finallu in pretty good shape.

I don't have any before shots, I hated a camera and refused to take pictures. This is me today, 110 lbs total.

I think I might know you. Do you have a 9th grade daughter name starts with a K?

My doctor recommended I look into this diet as it would be great for my Type I diabetes. How on earth do you stick with it?? It seems to me liked could never do it. Do you find it hard? Do you eat the same things all the time or do you have choices? Is meal preparation hard and time-consuming?

I had to find a diet that offered a variety or my husband would never do it. Thrive offers approved recipes on their website plus a meal plan class once a week online. The preparation is very easy. You can find the ingredients in the grocery stores. Another thing that caused me to pick Thrive was the ability to have bread and still lose the weight. I can't think of anything that we've had to give up. There are approved sweets for those of us with a sweet tooth.

I attend the classes online.

Wow I haven't seen you in years 5 at least. You look great!!!!!!

Please PM me your trainer. I need to tone up my arms.

Do you have a child in 10th grade whose name begins w/ a "A"?

You're my hero :wub:

As someone who has you just have to decide to take responsibility for you and change your rewards process thinking. I say "your", this works for me and while I am passionate about how to do it my way everyone has to find the way that works for them.

I think that was key for me, I was sick and tired and being sick and tired. I had to get my head out of the sand, flush the self pitty pot and move on. I am off many meds, have kept my kidney failure stable and actually went from stage 4 to a 1-2.

I was watching DR OZ last week. He had someone on that showed 2 women that lost a ton of weight on his diet plan. This sums it up. Try it for a week. High Carb, then Low Carb days. Switch it back and forth for 6 days and then on day 7 that is your cheat day. Low carb days you still have a carb for breakfast. Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. On the cheat day you get to eat an extra 500 calories for breakfast and lunch total of 1000 extra calories on the cheat day. He said it works because on the high carb days you are giving your metoblism a boost and on the low carb days you are fat burning.

It sounded like a plan that was doable long term. Good luck. Go on his web site and ck it out.

Also try drinking a full glass of ice water before you eat. That will help you feel fuller so you won't eat as much. Don't look at it as a "diet", look at it as a lifestyle adjustment. Remember, DIET is a 4-letter word too!! LOL. Good luck!!!

The hardest part is the mental hump. Once you get through a few weeks of dieting it because much easier to maintain. It also helps to make gradual changes, don't try to do it all at once.

The nice thing that I have found is that after a few months you no longer even want the bad stuff you had before. I use to be hooked on Quarter pounder w/cheese and fries. Eat it everyday some times twice a day for several years. It finally caught up to me when one of my arteries in my heart got blocked. After surviving that I stopped eating junk and went healthy eating as much as possible.

Now I can not even stand the though of McDonalds or any other junk food place and have no desire for them.

I do however crave pizza but I only indulge in that maybe once a month and I refrain from eating the whole pie myself. :pardon:

Also try drinking a full glass of ice water before you eat. That will help you feel fuller so you won't eat as much. Don't look at it as a "diet", look at it as a lifestyle adjustment. Remember, DIET is a 4-letter word too!! LOL. Good luck!!!

I'm back on DR OZ.. I was watching him everyday when the superstorm was going on. He said to put 2T of chia seeds in a glass of water and drink it twice a day after breakfast and lunch. Bloats up in your stomach and you eat less.

The hardest part is the mental hump. Once you get through a few weeks of dieting it because much easier to maintain. It also helps to make gradual changes, don't try to do it all at once.

The nice thing that I have found is that after a few months you no longer even want the bad stuff you had before. I use to be hooked on Quarter pounder w/cheese and fries. Eat it everyday some times twice a day for several years. It finally caught up to me when one of my arteries in my heart got blocked. After surviving that I stopped eating junk and went healthy eating as much as possible.

Now I can not even stand the though of McDonalds or any other junk food place and have no desire for them.

I do however crave pizza but I only indulge in that maybe once a month and I refrain from eating the whole pie myself. :pardon:

Good to read that you are doing well, I always get a Veggie Pizza thin crust...YUMMY!