Paulding.com

OBAMA WINS RE-ELECTION

The right wing media is in despair this morning. Hannity, Rush, Boortz, etc; they are shocked that Obama got re-elected.....

Boortz is whining and predicting doom and gloom, but it's all a bunch of hogwash. The sky isn't falling and we are still the greatest country in the world. Thank goodness the democrats have stood up for the working class and the elderly.

Give me some reasons to be hopeful in Obama's next term. In his last term my husband lost three jobs (due to the economy) and we lost our home in the Countrywide/BOA debaucle. I am NOT better off than I was four years ago.....

Edited by icare
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The country just lost.

Guess that means I have to buy more ammo. This date will go down as another nail in the coffin that was the grand experiment called the United States of America. Amazing that so many are so happy to

The country extends beyond the Mississippi and the Mason-Dixon.

Posted Images

Eating crow? No. Heartbroken for our beloved country? Yes, absolutely.

This is no longer a country of rugged individualists who value liberty and take personal responsibility for themselves and their families. It seems that the majority now want to be nannied and have things handed to them.

JFK once made a speech that contained one of my favorite quotes:

That wise advice lost out yesterday to those who ask what their country can give to them. Sadly, most of them either don't know or don't care that the course they have chosen is not sustainable.

Congratulations to those who won yesterday. I just hope you are as happy with your choice a bit down the road as you are today. I don't think you will be.

I am sure that Rhett and TP are delighted. TP is particularly pleased about the prospect of getting his "share" from the government. In simple minds the role of government is to redistribute wealth, not to create an environment where you can get of your ass and do it yourself.

I am deeply disturbed by what zero-bama is about to do to our country.

• Like 1

Also, my daughter works for a state government office and she said you would not believe the entitlement mentality from the people that come in her office daily. They stroll in at 11 or 12 in the PJ's and want to know what the government (Obama) is going to do for them. Many make no attempt to find a job. This phenomena is only going to get worse......or does Obama have a plan for that?

Give me some reasons to be hopeful in Obama's next term. In his last term my husband lost three jobs (due to the economy) and we lost our home in the Countrywide/BOA debaucle. I am NOT better off than I was four years ago.....

<humor on>But zero-bama identifies with you and he cares. Isn't that enough?</humor off>

I know - not very funny.

Also, my daughter works for a state government office and she said you would not believe the entitlement mentality from the people that come in her office daily. They stroll in at 11 or 12 in the PJ's and want to know what the government (Obama) is going to do for them. Many make no attempt to find a job. This phenomena is only going to get worse......or does Obama have a plan for that?

I believe it, that's who runs this country now.

He does - increase the taxes of those who work and already pay taxes that are far too high. After all, we're the "rich" and the "fortunate". What a load of crap.

Edited by PowderSpringsDad

I truly want some reasons to be hopeful. I do not hope or wish the Obama fails but so far he has not shown me anything. I agree with teacherman....many small businesses and jobs are doomed because of his healthcare plan.

Edited by icare

When was the last time you made a living off the middle class and the elderly? They don't pay.

My entire working life. Without demand created by 99% of Americans in the marketplace...for food, utilities, goods, services.....there is no need for finance, manufacturing, entrepreneurship, etc.

Name me one successful businessman who has hired a workforce without demand for whatever good or service it is he's hired them to produce.

mrnn

My employer had said last month that if Obama won, he would be putting the brakes on everything (hiring, raises, etc.) This is not going to be good. As a company,we are already being killed with our unemployment rates. Our rate has tripled since 2008 and we have had no layoffs. When these types of taxes increase, the trickle down effect is hard on everyone. He had said alot of his peers are already talking about closing down their businesses. Praying that this does not set us back in the recovery process.

Edited by tatertot

VERY WELL SAID/SPOKEN.

Eating crow? No. Heartbroken for our beloved country? Yes, absolutely.

This is no longer a country of rugged individualists who value liberty and take personal responsibility for themselves and their families. It seems that the majority now want to be nannied and have things handed to them.

JFK once made a speech that contained one of my favorite quotes:

That wise advice lost out yesterday to those who ask what their country can give to them. Sadly, most of them either don't know or don't care that the course they have chosen is not sustainable.

Congratulations to those who won yesterday. I just hope you are as happy with your choice a bit down the road as you are today. I don't think you will be.

He does - increase the taxes of those who work and already pay taxes that are far too high. After all, we're the "rich" and the "fortunate". What a load of crap.

He should increase the taxes down here in the Southeast, PSD, but I don't think he will increase them enough.

These states take twice as much as they pay, sometimes, in Federal taxes. pardon.gif

Edited by The Postman
Guest Inspector Callahan

Yes as Obama celebrates, businesses across the nation are printing pink slips because they can not afford the healthcare costs. Congratulations to those who voted for Obama, you just signed the pink slip of thousands of Americans. God help us.

Many of them probably just signed their own pink slip

Here ya go captain....!!!!!

Chart for ^GSPC

Nasdaq

-1.86%

^IXIC

Dow

-1.84%

^DJI

http://finance.yahoo.com/

Looks like the market was impressed with the choice. The Democrats are showing those nasty old rich people now. Dumb asses.

Wednesday’s Close:

• Dow -312.95 <br clear="all"> 12,932.73 -2.36%
  • Nasdaq -74.64 <br clear="all"> 2,937.29 -2.48%
  • S&P -33.86 <br clear="all"> 1,394.53 -2.37%

Looks like the market was impressed with the choice. The Democrats are showing those nasty old rich people now. Dumb asses.

Wednesday's Close:

I hope Obama sends them to China, where people will work for them. I just hope he charges them enough importation taxes to stop them from shipping the sheeze they manufacture over here. drinks.gif

Wednesday’s Close:

The market recognizes that bipartisanship is needed as we approach the fiscal cliff, much moreso than if Romney had won last night. The market obviously think the chances are slim, especially in light of Boehner and McConnell's statements last night.

mrnn

• Like 1

The market recognizes that bipartisanship is needed as we approach the fiscal cliff, much moreso than if Romney had won last night. The market obviously think the chances are slim, especially in light of Boehner and McConnell's statements last night.

mrnn

Horse sheeze. Romney sucks almost as much as Obama, but the market would have responded positively to a Romney win. We are in for a long four years.

• Like 2

Horse sheeze. Romney sucks almost as much as Obama, but the market would have responded positively to a Romney win. We are in for a long four years.

Here's how the market works in the Republican scheme of things, feelip! But, people are tired of that kind of sheeze. At least Independents, and Liberals are. You guys can still get your dummies to fall for it.

I received more phone calls today for jobs paying over double min. wage than I have all year long. Have 9 interviews b/n tomorrow and next Wednesday. ALL with companies I would love working for. IDK, VERY exciting and odd at same time.

I received more phone calls today for jobs paying over double min. wage than I have all year long. Have 9 interviews b/n tomorrow and next Wednesday. ALL with companies I would love working for. IDK, VERY exciting and odd at same time.

Yea! :yahoo:

Best of luck!

That's great to hear. :)

He should increase the taxes down here in the Southeast, PSD, but I don't think he will increase them enough.

These states take twice as much as they pay, sometimes, in Federal taxes. pardon.gif

Here is an even better idea TP. Have them STOP taking OUR money from our (and all the other) state only to dole it back out to the states based on who they think needs it and for what.:wacko: . That way you would not have to worry about who got what and how much. Then we would just be able to take care of those things on a state level. And if you did not like the way your state did things, you could just pack your happy @$$ up and go to one that you liked better.

• Like 2

mrnn

And here we go already. The markets reacted this way because of the GOP. What horse cheeze!!

Good luck!! Great to hear.

mrnn

You are absolutely right. Don't expect the partisans to understand that.

Here is an even better idea TP. Have them STOP taking OUR money from our (and all the other) state only to dole it back out to the states based on who they think needs it and for what.:wacko: . That way you would not have to worry about who got what and how much. Then we would just be able to take care of those things on a state level. And if you did not like the way your state did things, you could just pack your happy @$$ up and go to one that you liked better.

Amen Mr. Dis! This idiot everyday with the integrity and the southern states taking too much .... Everyday he like a broken record. Between TP and Zoo this place has become unbearable to come too. I used to actually enjoy pcom. Now it's some crazy old man ranting about nonsense or another's constatnt posting of articles that support her agenda.

• Like 2

We all better eat as much crow as we can right now because the cost of almost everything is about to sky rocket :(

No way. The black guy has this sheeze under control. He's smoking a Newport and drinking a 48 ounce Bull while doing this job. A/F One is headed for Colorado to pick up a couple of nickle bags. Shoot, ain't nuttin to dis presidentin shee-at.

• Like 1

No way. The black guy has this sheeze under control. He's smoking a Newport and drinking a 48 ounce Bull while doing this job. A/F One is headed for Colorado to pick up a couple of nickle bags. Shoot, ain't nuttin to dis presidentin shee-at.

Whoa now... You trying to diss on the Dis brother.:pardon: :p

Wow. Your true "colors" finally come out. :drinks:

Can't back you up on this one! :( Calling this out for racist bullcrap that is completely unnecessary. I disagree with Obama's political beliefs, not his race. This kind of crap infuriates me just as much and is just as destructive to our country as the craziness in our Federal Govt. You should be ashamed!

• Like 4

Evidently, the Marist education didn't take.

Remind us again why we should'nt think these angry white men aren't bigots.

:blink:

Aren't we a little overly sensitive? I mean I'm supposed to think Chris Rock poking fun at me is funny? We do love our double standards in this country, don't we?

Overly sensitive???? Are you kidding me? I don't care what Chris Rock, says. What you said is blatant racism and I'm calling you on it.

Since you are obviously not partisan at all.

Partisan? FYI, I supported Romney over Obama.

What I've said is backed up with evidence. What I said would happen with the election and the GOP, did happen. Is that partisan or being right?