Paulding.com

The castle looking house on Dallas Acworth Hwy?

I am just so curious about it, does anyone know what it is? I'm not talking about the mansion looking one close to crossroads with the lions, that almost looks like a mafia house. I'm talking about the one inbetween the two entrances of Frey RD with lake that kind of looks like a cathedral? Anyone have any history on this house? It looks like they've been doing construction on this house for quite some time.

Edited by abbeyp

This was discussed a while back. I think the person who owns the property was building a castle thing for his daughter. Maybe the money ran out or something.

What I find interesting is they have the entrance on Dallas-Highway blocked off. There must be a side entrance because I have seen cars there before.

This was discussed a while back. I think the person who owns the property was building a castle thing for his daughter. Maybe the money ran out or something.

What I find interesting is they have the entrance on Dallas-Highway blocked off. There must be a side entrance because I have seen cars there before.

Do you know where I can find the forums on this topic? I searched and I couldn't seem to find anything.

I am just so curious about it, does anyone know what it is? I'm not talking about the mansion looking one close to crossroads with the lions, that almost looks like a mafia house. I'm talking about the one inbetween the two entrances of Frey RD with lake that kind of looks like a cathedral? Anyone have any history on this house? It looks like they've been doing construction on this house for quite some time.

You are one of the FEW people on here who does NOT know about the house. No need to try to describe. :rofl:::rofl:

If you do a search on here you will find numerous threads with more information than you could ever want to know. But, I can tell you it is NO WHERE NEAR a "mansion" and one of the biggest waste of land and bad architecture I have ever walked through.

Edited by Zippity Doo Dah

You are one of the FEW people on here who does NOT know about the house. No need to try to describe. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you do a search on here you will find numerous threads with more information than you could ever want to know. But, I can tell you it is NO WHERE NEAR a "mansion" and one of the biggest waste of land and bad architecture I have ever walked through.

I know about the house that has the lions on the top of it. I'm not talking about that one.

I'm really not trying to be too nosy. I'm just curious. I've driven past it for years but have never taken it upon myself to find out any information about it. I heard the owner built it for his daughter, and that's all I really know. It seems like that's all everyone else knows, too.

I'm really not trying to be too nosy. I'm just curious. I've driven past it for years but have never taken it upon myself to find out any information about it. I heard the owner built it for his daughter, and that's all I really know. It seems like that's all everyone else knows, too.

That is all there is to the story.

Oh, and welcome to Pcom. :drinks:

Edited by ~Chester~

That is a heck of a playfort! :blink:

Don't show that to my kids!:rofl:

WOW! I just read the other thread and feel I owe LPPT and serious apology!!! Must've been the snow that was mentioned in said thread.

LPPT, I love ya and I need ya! I apologize for being quite snarky with you. :wub: :wub: :wub:

and I know nothing about that house.

• 8 years later...

Well, legend has it, in a land not so far away, lived a man who had a family, the wife left the guy and left his only child with him. As they grew he got remarried and his ex wife went to jail for shoplifting, leaving him with full custody of his daughter. She was 11 by this time and he thought that she was so beautiful that she must be a princess, so he started to build a castle, halfway through the build, She got sick and died, and the castle never was finished.

• Like 1