Paulding.com

Terrible accident........

I've been hearing sirens since about 7am and when we were taking the kids to school, there is an AWFUL wreck at the Chevron at Ivey Gulledge and Old Cartersville. They are detouring traffic through the station, from both Old Cartersville and IG. Be careful ya'll.

Thats the second one I've seen in two weeks.

Edited by momof 3

A day does not go by that I do not hear the ear piercing roar of someone racing their motorcycle or car off in the distance. When people act crazy bad things happen and until something is done about the reckless driving we see and hear everyday we will just have to get use to the death and destruction that follows. The police can only do so much it has to start in our own homes by educating our kids and reminding ourselves of the responsibility that comes along with operating a vehicle on public roads. Accidents will always happen but some of this can be avoided by just using some common sense and expressing a little concern for the other people that are on the road.

A day does not go by that I do not hear the ear piercing roar of someone racing their motorcycle or car off in the distance. When people act crazy bad things happen and until something is done about the reckless driving we see and hear everyday we will just have to get use to the death and destruction that follows. The police can only do so much it has to start in our own homes by educating our kids and reminding ourselves of the responsibility that comes along with operating a vehicle on public roads. Accidents will always happen but some of this can be avoided by just using some common sense and expressing a little concern for the other people that are on the road.

You're right. This intersection would not be so dangerous if people took a little time and realized that the extra 30 seconds it takes to wait for that car to pass then pull out, is the thing to do. You can see in both directions and I think impatience plays a huge roll in the accidents that happen here and everywhere else. If you're in such a hurry, leave a little earlier and save a life, maybe your own.

You're right. This intersection would not be so dangerous if people took a little time and realized that the extra 30 seconds it takes to wait for that car to pass then pull out, is the thing to do. You can see in both directions and I think impatience plays a huge roll in the accidents that happen here and everywhere else. If you're in such a hurry, leave a little earlier and save a life, maybe your own.

[/qu

My daughter's car has been totalled at this same location, and I about hit a lady one day. I had to slam on brakes and go onto the opposite side of the road to not hit her. It is not caused by the car's pulling out of Ivey Gulledge. It is caused by the cars coming from the 61 end of Old Cartersville. I am extra careful because of all of the wrecks. There is a little knoll and you can't really tell which lane the other cars are in. They thought putting up those things to separate the turning lane would help. Believe it or not, it is still hard to see until they are really really into that turning lane.

After the wreck this morning, I called the Paulding County D.O.T. If everything goes as planned, they have it in the budget to put a traffic light at this intersection. Should be in by Feb/March of 2013 - Thank Goodness!!

• Like 2

There seem to be a LOT of sirens lately. This is the second post today.

Pay Attention everyone. Leave a minute early, put the cell phone down, stay focused.

Be safe out there Paulding peeps.

You are right on with this.

Put the phone down and stop driving like your time is more valuable than ours.

• Like 1

I hate that intersection.

I have a meeting at Rodney's at 8-8:30 every Wednesday morning. You round a curve and you are blind from the morning sun. I happens so suddenly that your eyes take about 30 seconds to adjust. that is enough time to wonder into the other lane or rear end someone turning left.

I think another huge problem is that when someone is coming from 61 and they get into the turn lane to turn left on Ivey Gulledge, they will sometimes wave the person turning left onto Old Cartersville from IG, and that person fails to look or cannot see someone coming in the straight lane from their right and BAM! A light couldn't hurt.