Paulding.com

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Johnny, I've wanted to come by and see you but I have been fighting off some kind of weird virus for weeks. Even though I am probably not contagious (except maybe to myself) I don't think it would be

I just spoke with Heather, Johnny J's daughter, and Johnny J is not improving and the family is very concerned.   After speaking with her and asking what our community can do to help them, she sug

I wonder is any of us ever realize the impact we have on other peoples lives? JJ is obviously loved and well respected and even though I only met him once and corresponded with him in posts on Pcom, h

If any of you wish to see him, you are welcome to come by for a visit. We encourage it. Thank you all for your prayers, well wishes, thoughts, and offers of help. It is all greatly appreciated.

Daddy loves pcom and so many of you like family. Heck, you are family. I will do my best to keep someone updated.

Thanks,

Chickadee

And you would be??? :)

Heather you have my home number.. please let me know what is going on today... I have a heavy heart for my friend this morning I will be at the doctors with mama but i will check my messages at home... my prayers are with you and your family... i pray that Johnny has a peaceful exit from this world and just remember when he leaves you he will be rejoicing with a new body free of pain.

My heart is heavy worried about jj as it has been for several days. He was the first pcommer I ever met. :( although I wasn't around him a lot, I did have the pleasure of his company several times. My thoughts and prayers are with all his family and friends.

I remember several years ago we were in the same position as you this very week, my Dad had just been in the hospital and decided to terminate all medical treatment and pursue hospice and passed the first week of November. Not a scenario I would wish on my worst enemy.... Prayers to JJ and his entire family, they will need it. CANCER SUCKS! :angry2:

If any of you wish to see him, you are welcome to come by for a visit. We encourage it. Thank you all for your prayers, well wishes, thoughts, and offers of help. It is all greatly appreciated.

Daddy loves pcom and so many of you like family. Heck, you are family. I will do my best to keep someone updated.

Thanks,

Chickadee

And you would be??? :)

sent you a PM :ninja:

No one ever smiled bigger and brighter when I sang one of those old country tunes he loved so much. This is one of the last songs I sang for him. It was a request from he and LPPT and they had a great time dancing to it. I'd like to remember Johnny just the the way he was each time he came out to a show. That's where I first met him. What we all called the Summer of Love in 2008. He and His late wife and boy came to see me every week when they could. Of course he was always out to support my show anytime he could. He's been a great friend to so many and I know especially LPPT is hurting over this news. I was never treated with more respect by anyone.

• Like 1

Like all of you, my heart is heavy. Johnny was a wonderful, wonderful gentleman. Never a bad word and always had a smile. I have some pretty darned great memories of him and, like Mark, I only want to remember him this way. Love and hugs to Johnny's family. Cancer does suck.

• Like 2

I was hopeful that JJ would be with us for several months and we'd have the opportunity to have more time with a great guy.

Few understand the depth of the role that JohnnyJ has with pcom and the depth of the friendship that we have.

LPPT called me earlier today and said that things are looking ominous and that there may not be as much time as we all had hoped.

I am devastated and saddened that this might be true.

Please do say it is not so.

My prayers are with you boss.

pubby

I wonder is any of us ever realize the impact we have on other peoples lives? JJ is obviously loved and well respected and even though I only met him once and corresponded with him in posts on Pcom, he is such a genuine and decent person, he will be missed by people who may have never met him in person. That is the kind of person I want to be and hope I am. What a grand legacy to leave behind for those who will miss him so much. I'm sad. :(

• Like 4

Heather--having been where you are, you are in my constant thoughts and prayers. I wish I could get up there to see Johnny but it isn't happening today.

This just breaks my heart. I was expecting to see him this week and getting to work with him on a project again.

sad.gif

We are in the last hours... just keep praying for peace.

We are in the last hours... just keep praying for peace.

oh .... Heather :( ....

I was so hoping to come here this afternoon and see your update and hoped for a "miracle" to have occurried -- instead I see this an my heart breaks just a bit more for you and your entire family, not to mention all of JJ's friends and acquaintances.

As you can see, JJ touched so many and is leaving a huge legacy of being a kind gentle outgoing free spirit who was always welcoming and warm to all who encountered him. I'm sure he gave this wisdom to his family and he will live on in each of our hearts as those who were blessed to have him cross our paths on our journey on this earth.

May your memories help ease some of your pain in the days and weeks to come. You & your entire family will be in my thoughts.

May JJ go peacefully into the next realm and dimension ......

• Like 1

Heather, I am so very sorry. This place just wont be the same without him. :(

I am praying for peace, comfort and strength for you and your family. Lots of love sent to you !

Heaven's gain, our loss. I pray the journey will be peaceful and without pain. JohnnyJ - you will be missed and I pray that God will wrap his loving arms around your family and comfort them. You have lots of people that love and care about you and that speaks volumes. You have fought a good fight JohnnyJ - may you rest peacefully and be pain free in Heaven when the time comes.

Keep the kind words and messages coming. We are letting him know when people call and message. Love you all.

I called Matt earlier this afternoon. ♥ I'm only just finding out. I was going to come out there (I had keys in hand when I made the call), but I don't know where 'there' is, and I'm sure visiting hours are over by now.

Give him all the love in the world from LGM and HellRaiser. ♥ She absolutely adores him.

LGM you can come anytime. If it is after 8pm you just need to call us and we can let you in. there's no set hours for visitation.

Go to Kennestone Hospital. Take Tower Road (next to Kennestone and across from Rite Aid). Once it deadends take a right onto Kennesaw Avenue. Take the first left at Dickson Drive at the Signature Care sign. Follow that street back and it deadends into the parking lot.

If any of you want to come, you are welcome.

LGM you can come anytime. If it is after 8pm you just need to call us and we can let you in. there's no set hours for visitation.

Go to Kennestone Hospital. Take Tower Road (next to Kennestone and across from Rite Aid). Once it deadends take a right onto Kennesaw Avenue. Take the first left at Dickson Drive at the Signature Care sign. Follow that street back and it deadends into the parking lot.

If any of you want to come, you are welcome.

I met your dad at a party at Surpip's two years ago. I enjoyed when we were on the same political team but I also enjoyed when we were on opposite teams too. He is a class act.

• Like 3

Johnny is such a gentleman and class act. My daughter and I will forever cherish our smiles and laughs with him just weeks ago hanging out at Paulding Meadows. I love that event but I had missed spending time with JJ soooooo much that I wanted to go more than ever just to visit with him and Debra.

We were supposed to get out to dance sometime soon......... I know in my heart that my dear friend will be dancing without a care :) but he will be missed by everyone who was blessed to know him. You are all in my prayers