Paulding.com

Judge Valbuena denies bond

The attorneys for the Comers requested 10,000 bond and ankle bracelets.

They testified that the Comers loved their children and would not be a flight risk.

The detective on the case testified that the Comers had moved 15 times in 5 different states. Also that when they lived in Cherokee a DFACS investigation resulted in mandatory counseling, the Comers moved to Paulding to avoid counseling.

Testimony from the company that monitors security bracelets admitted that they could and have been cut. District attorney Cole brought up a case where a man in Paulding charged with murder cut his and ran.

When the detective was ask if in his opinion he felt like the Comers loved their children enough to stay here and see it through, the detective answered strongly that no he did not. When ask what he based that on he said their phone calls that were recorded in jail never mentioned their children or any concern. Mrs Comers attorney rebutted with the claim that they had been told not to talk about the kids.

The DA brought up that they were renting and saw nothing to compel them to stay and face charges.

Judge Valbuena denied bond based on this. He will reconsider after investigations are all complete from every address that they have lived at.

I have press conference from the Comer's lawyer, on video that is rendering. I could not find DA Cole for an interview.

The Comers are to remain in protective custody in the Paulding correctional facility until the investigation of out of state records is complete and another hearing is scheduled.

Good job, Judge Valbuena! I'm glad they're getting a taste of their own medicine by being confined! Hopefully Mitch Comer receives the justice he deserves!

You are not going to like the interview with the lawyers.

This is very emotional for everyone, like or not these 2 people are innocent at this point.

I am sorry that I missed the morning session there was a lot of testimony.

This was about flight risk.

This is very emotional for everyone, like or not these 2 people are innocent at this point.

Luckily for their sake, my eyes and the 'eyes of the law' are two completely different sets. I don't care what excuses they throw out and 'oh we love our kids', there IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS KID BEING IN THE SHAPE HE'S IN. Was he abusing the younger children? If so, why not take the proper channels to handle the situation? Was he abusing drugs? Try rehab. In his so called 'parents' eyes, even if he was doing something that was wrong (which hasn't been brought up), there are other alternatives than starving your child, locking him away and then putting him on a bus to a city 2500 miles away. I don't know, maybe I take being someone's mother waaaay to seriously.

• Like 3

There is a BIG difference between BEING innocent and being PRESUMED innocent under the law!

• Like 12

Luckily for their sake, my eyes and the 'eyes of the law' are two completely different sets. I don't care what excuses they throw out and 'oh we love our kids', there IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS KID BEING IN THE SHAPE HE'S IN. Was he abusing the younger children? If so, why not take the proper channels to handle the situation? Was he abusing drugs? Try rehab. In his so called 'parents' eyes, even if he was doing something that was wrong (which hasn't been brought up), there are other alternatives than starving your child, locking him away and then putting him on a bus to a city 2500 miles away. I don't know, maybe I take being someone's mother waaaay to seriously.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
  • 3 weeks later...

Let me just add this:

as Will and I have been jumping through hoops trying to adopt this little baby(cracked skull by her parents, if you can call them that....and SECOND child taken into State care), I have seen the nasty side of this sort of case. I was sooooo hoping we would be ENCOURAGED by the process as I have always had a VERY negative view of the State and DFACS. No such luck. Our view is only worse and THIS time, it is firsthand.

Let me just tell you all, the State puts THEIR wants and desires over children. MANY Judges feel they are God and have no one to answer to and their "subjects" are too afraid of them to expose them. I could type 5 pages on this. Our story could be a Dateline or 20/20 story, no kidding.

Edited by A Gipper Girl

is the interview up to be watche? I'd like to see it if possible. Also does anyone know what part of PC this was in? I'm curious since they may have been on my bus at one point...

The video I took was of the press conference held by the lawyers of the parents. Is that what you are looking for?

:clapping: :clapping:

• Like 1

Let me just add this:

as Will and I have been jumping through hoops trying to adopt this little baby(cracked skull by her parents, if you can call them that....and SECOND child taken into State care), I have seen the nasty side of this sort of case. I was sooooo hoping we would be ENCOURAGED by the process as I have always had a VERY negative view of the State and DFACS. No such luck. Our view is only worse and THIS time, it is firsthand.

Let me just tell you all, the State puts THEIR wants and desires over children. MANY Judges feel they are God and have no one to answer to and their "subjects" are too afraid of them to expose them. I could type 5 pages on this. Our story could be a Dateline or 20/20 story, no kidding.

Firstly, I am so sorry you and the baby are having to go through this. Difficult for all involved. That said, if you were in PC, I can assure you this Judge doesn't feel that way. In fact, this county has some of the best DFACS and GAL's and the Judge is for the child. Move back to PC and get it taken care of.

• Like 1

Firstly, I am so sorry you and the baby are having to go through this. Difficult for all involved. That said, if you were in PC, I can assure you this Judge doesn't feel that way. In fact, this county has some of the best DFACS and GAL's and the Judge is for the child. Move back to PC and get it taken care of.

Thank you and that really IS encouraging. You all would be astounded if you had heard and seen the way he spoke to us at the last hearing. We are not perfect but I KNOW that we HAVE to be some of the VERY best foster/adoptive parents that this countys DFACS has had.

This Judge was well known for not giving kids to family members. We could not be any more polar opposite than her "parents" and do not allow them in our presence EVER. But, he didnt give us a chance even after we were cleared by DFACS itself(background check, home inspection, financial records, etc).

I just pray this young man gets the help and the rehab he will need to function as a healthy person and contribute to society.

Edited by A Gipper Girl