Paulding.com

GA Woman Seeks Apology from Kroger Manager

A GA woman is asking for an apology from a manager of a Warner Robbins Kroger who told her: Excuse me for working for a living and not relying on food stamps like you.

The exchange between the woman and the manager left her in tears as the line of other customers looked on.

Kroger offered her a $15 gift card for her embarrassment.

My link

Edited by zoocrew

I'll bet,when the manager was interviewing for his job with Kroger,they did not ask him his views on welfare.Why? Because his beliefs are not part of his job.

When you are on the job,you represent the company.Keep your mouth shut and bag the groceries...Want to express your opinion?Take off the apron and go out in the street.

Manager should be fired

Edited by thedeerslayer
  • Like 5

I think what she really wants is some money and saw an opportunity to cry so that others could be her witness on how hurt she was. She should have held the line up telling her whole story to the manager after he made that statement if she really wanted to have her say. So now she's hurt and wants the public to be on her side with the sympathy story or else she wouldn't have went the passive aggressive route. I think she does want the manager to lose his job but that is the ugly route the easy way out. She should have accepted the store credit and repied back thank you for the apology. That is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

When other shoppers have to apologize for rude comments they make to Food Stamp recipients I'll be in favor of firing a store employee for doing the same. I've seen the rolling eyes, the nose held high in the air, the look of disgust and heard the comments. From other shoppers. Only once in the time I have been with my daughter at the store while she used either EBT/food stamps or WIC vouchers have I even seen anything resembling rudeness from an employee. That was at Walmart.

She should have taken the store credit and then moved her business to another store if she felt so strongly about what he said.

I'll bet,when the manager was interviewing for his job with Kroger,they did not ask him his views on welfare.Why? Because his beliefs are not part of his job.

When you are on the job,you represent the company.Keep your mouth shut and bag the groceries...Want to express your opinion?Take off the apron and go out in the street.

Manager should be fired

I agree and I was in Kroger Management.

While I do think there's probably more to this store and the customer was probably making an ass of herself over $10 that wasn't covered by food stamps, we were always told "the customer is NOT always right, but they are still the customer."

And I will also add, if her husband's carpentry business isn't making enough to support them, maybe he needs to consider another line of work.

AND dialysis or not, she could EASILY do what I do working from home.

Bet that would go a LONG way towards helping pay their bills.

Just sayin.

... And I will also add, if her husband's carpentry business isn't making enough to support them, maybe he needs to consider another line of work.

AND dialysis or not, she could EASILY do what I do working from home.

Bet that would go a LONG way towards helping pay their bills.

Just sayin.

I agree re. her husband. However, even peritoneal dialysis (which is almost certainly what she is on, since it mentioned 12-hr. nightly treatments) is very draining on the body. My husband did that for eighteen months, and while he worked part-time, there were days when he would have to call in because his fluid balance was off and he was weak and nauseated. Believe me, nothing is easy when it comes to renal failure and dialysis.

• Like 1

Based on the "the employees had insisted that roughly $10 of her bill was not covered " the real truth of the matter was that she was probably trying to get something for nothing.

Regardless of whether the customer is always right or the customer is still the customer, should a customer be allowed to 'steal' from a company because they're ignorant? And then taking offense to the manager is like someone not supporting Obama must be racist. Give me a break!

Whether the lady was right or wrong, that did not give the guy the right to call her out like that. It's rude and very unprofessional. I've fired nurses and managers for much less, and doctors with that sort of attitude will not have their contract renewed by me.

She was probably buying items that were marked down to stretch her food stamps. A lot of time when Kroger does markdowns the department number on the orange sticker will be a non-food one. The manager was a douche for making the comment, but she really didn't need to bring the story to the media.two%252Bcents.jpg

I'll have to remember that the next time someone tries to steal something from some people's company, that they'd better not call them out, be rude or unprofessional.

If someone tries to steal from my store, I'll run them down and tackle them in the most professional manner I know.

• Like 2

I'm just looking from my point of view and I know for someone to hold manager position they cant be too ignorant. Something has to be said to cause another person to flare up like that. I give no excuses on the fact the manager probaly did say that to the women and I know what it feels like to be on food stamps however, I have worked since before my divorce and raised two children with no child support. I'm not looking for sympathy just to say been there done that. I am a nurse and know that dialysis can make you weak and tired. Just saying at least she has a husband who should be helping with the bills. I mean I work 40 hours every week and proud I'm able to do it. Just why cry at the store and then get home and go on You Tube and make a scene. Yes bad things happen, just looks to me that she's looking for a few dollars to compensate her tears.

I worked in and managed grocery stores from the early 70's to the late 80's.

I give the dates because customer service was different back then. (by that I mean better)

The store manager was out of line and I think the customer taking this public was out of line.

Make the manager apoligize and be demoted or fire him, what ever Kroger decides.

End of story, why should they get anything else but an apology.

I'm thinking of suing Pubby because LPPT said extra weight men made them look feminine.

Uh-Hu, you did so.

I haven't been able to leave the house since and it triggered my inferiority complexe and that is making me eat to sooth my feelings.

Someone call CNN, while I knosh on this icecream cake.

• Like 3