Paulding.com

I have a very dear old friend who always kept his hair short, probably due to his days in the Army and the fact that his parents never allowed the boys to have long hair. About 18 months ago he stopped getting haircuts. He looks wonderful! Gray, curly hair in a ponytail. Still has most of his hair, too, even at 57. Yeppers, looks great. :p Last year at Thanksgiving it was just getting to shoulder length and his sister told me he looked like General Custer. She was right. He did.

There really should be an age limit on men with ponytails. If your over 50 I think it is time to lose the ponytail. :ninja:

Leave it for the has been rock stars.

I am not a fan of ponytails on men at any age. I am a huge fan of masculinity. An excess of vanity to me is a feminine trait. I like my men neat, trim and squeaky clean.

Anything the least bit feminine is a turn off to me. A real man can wear pink because you notice how good it looks with his skin, you never see it as a feminine color on him.

Face shaven, little or no artificial scent, body hair in all the right places, trimmed if excessive in the wrong places. Self confidence is a must. I like my men lean, excess fat comes across as feminine to me.

I have no issue with baldness, I see it as very masculine. In fact a man is what he is, no artificial enticement needed, clean, open, you wake up with what you go to sleep with.

Hiding behind beards, massive amounts of long hair, changing their bodies to look per-pubescent, exhibiting feminine traits by being flamboyant with their dress is not attractive to me.

I want a man in every sense of the word, a masculine provider and protector that exhibits real masculine behavior by being both respectful and protective.

A ponytail quite frankly is a sign of immaturity and rebellion, a male not quite evolved into a man.

Tell Willie Nelson this.

Nah, I am sure his wives can testify to the immaturity of a man they have had to bail out of jail for drug use many times.

While my friend might resemble rebellion a little, believe me when I say he is mature and has evolved into one hell of a man. I've known him since we were 14 and there is NOTHING feminine, immature or boyish about this guy. He's been through more hell than probably 98% of people in general. If he wants to rebel and wear a ponytail, at least he's alive to do it. He and I have lost a lot of friends and classmates so every single day that we have above ground we cherish.

A ponytail quite frankly is a sign of immaturity and rebellion, a male not quite evolved into a man.

While my friend might resemble rebellion a little, believe me when I say he is mature and has evolved into one hell of a man. I've known him since we were 14 and there is NOTHING feminine, immature or boyish about this guy. He's been through more hell than probably 98% of people in general. If he wants to rebel and wear a ponytail, at least he's alive to do it. He and I have lost a lot of friends and classmates so every single day that we have above ground we cherish.

That's ok my opinions are based on my personal experiences, everyone's differ. I tend to be tolerant up to a point. I don't think there will be an opportunity for me to sleep with a pony tail, when my baldy looks like a pin up calendar behind closed doors :ninja: :D

Of course those that know me would just say I am jealous since I have a bald head. :p

:rofl:

I wondered when I read this thread if you had any hair! No really, I DID!!

I think it's never reasonable to generalize about anyone's appearance based on age. Some folks at 50+ should rethink the ponytail, while others look great. Age is a number, not a prescription for "oldness" nor conformity to what others think you should do.

One advantage of age is that you've learned enough about life not to give a crap about what others think. That's a trait to be enjoyed--and those who are enjoying it really could care less if you don't like their ponytail. ;)

• Like 2

I never liked a guy whose hair was longer than mine. This guy could be bald and he would still be awesome! He's a survivor, he takes no crap off anyone and to me, that's sexy. And please don't tell my husband I was talking about another man! :rofl:

That's ok my opinions are based on my personal experiences, everyone's differ. I tend to be tolerant up to a point. I don't think there will be an opportunity for me to sleep with a pony tail, when my baldy looks like a pin up calendar behind closed doors :ninja: :D

I'm fine with pony tails on men. Even older men.

The ten ponytail thing is usually to keep long hair from blowing like crazy while riding a bike. Not every man knows how to braid.

I also like long/full/bushy beards or goatees!

No Hun, I'm talking about men who have about ten hairs in their ponytail.....like a rat tail.......not so hot.

Someone please tell me how 'rebellion' is a bad thing?

Really?

'Squeaky Clean" looks fine on some men, not so much others. Ponytails look fine on some, not all.

My husband sports a trimmed beard and short hair, but that is his deal...looks freaking awesome on him, maybe not so much others.

My Papa always said "A beard is for covering up ugly", I cannot attest to that, I've never seen my husband without one ;) .

Each to his own...whatevs.

I have no problem with men wearing ponytails. Now a bun, that's just weird.

At the store last week I saw a extra large male cashier who sported a nipple length beard, a bun on the back of his head, and green finger nails. He looked ....

confused.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AWWWW come on, you know you had a hard time keeping your hands off him. :p

I am glad this is about men with pony tails and not women lol

HaHa!!!

I have this thing about older women and long hair--to me it's just not right. And yes, I am a woman. It almost looks lazy to me, but then again I am one of those that HAS to style her hair every morning just because it is straight as a board and flat as a flitter!!

Not meaning to hurt anybody's feelings or piss anybody off at all. Just stating my opinion.

HaHa!!!

I have this thing about older women and long hair--to me it's just not right. And yes, I am a woman. It almost looks lazy to me, but then again I am one of those that HAS to style her hair every morning just because it is straight as a board and flat as a flitter!!

Not meaning to hurt anybody's feelings or piss anybody off at all. Just stating my opinion.

When I was a kid, I always wondered why all old ladies had short hair. I vowed that when I was old I would have a head full of beautiful, long hair. :D considering the condition of my hair at the age of 35. I'm pretty sure thats not going to happen. I agree, long hair on old ladies is kinda weird. for lack of better word. I've never had short hair in my life, not sure what i'll do with it when I get older!