Paulding.com

Paulding Teen allegedly starved, trapped in home turns up in LA

From WSB-TV's website (09-20-2012)

Teen allegedly starved, trapped in home turns up in LA

A Paulding County family is accused of hiding a severe case of child cruelty that went uncovered for years.

"I have not run into anything like this in this state," Paulding County District Attorney Dick Donovan said.

Investigators believe a teen was locked up and abused for years, and no one but family members knew he existed until he turned up at a bus station in Los Angeles recently.

Remainder of Story Here

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just seen this, I think everyone of them should be put under the jail and that goes for grandma to she had a feeling something like this was going on?????????? are kidding me......   what a pis

Just shoot them. Honestly, just do us all a favor and shoot them.

How in the heck does this even qualify for any type of political comment!?!

Terrible. I just don't get these types of stories. How can someone do that to her own child? Or any child? Hell, I would feel bad if I left a cat in a dark room it's whole life, a weekend even. There are some truly sick people in this world.

The grandmother figured something was going on but never bothered to reach out or find her Grandson? Really sad.

• Like 2

Terrible. I just don't get these types of stories. How can someone do that to her own child? Or any child? Hell, I would feel bad if I left a cat in a dark room it's whole life, a weekend even. There are some truly sick people in this world.

The grandmother figured something was going on but never bothered to reach out or find her Grandson? Really sad.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess...

"It is not shocking to me. I figured this is what's going on, but I didn't know how to stop it," Diane Powell told Diamant over the phone

And she suddenly figures out how to use a telephone. How convenient.

Unless the kid was born at home in complete secrecy somebody outside that family knew he existed.

• Like 1

I was sick to my stomach after reading about it. Thankfully his 2 younger sisters have been removed from the home.

Edited by MsGaStorm

Sad, disgusting, and appalling.

I'm glad all the kids are out of there. That poor young man. And his sisters! They lived in a house of bad secrets, and they will need a lot of help, too.

This just makes me ill. :bad:

And sad. :cray:

And angry. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

• Like 1
1348178008[/url]' post='3697060']

And she suddenly figures out how to use a telephone. How convenient.

Unless the kid was born at home in complete secrecy somebody outside that family knew he existed.

I hope this person works for an agency that mandates reporting, so she can be punished, too. Coward bitch.

I just saw this on fox 5 and was sick to my stomachs! I was trying to make out the neighborhood . I ft just horrible for the neighbor they interviewed the guilt she felt! Horrible horrible! I hope they put them in the smallest cell and starve them!

Looks like north paulding. Some where off old cartersville maybe?

Read the article in the AJC and you'll see that the grandmother "got on to" her daughter about mistreatment when the boy was a toddler but that they then "dissappeared from" her life. They've lived in California, Arizona, Ohio, and Georgia and possibly other states. The grandmother hasn't seen the grandson since he was a toddler and didn't even know that the two granddaughters existed.

This is an absolutely horrible situation. I will keep those children in my thoughts and prayers.

Maybe someone on pcom knows who is helping this 18 year old....and we could offer to help....he is 18 so they would not receive any state help.....

If anyone knows what he may need ...clothes... Whatever... I would be glad to donate some things... I am just not sure how to find out...

• Like 1

i just don't get stories like this. I agree with the other post on here, how can other family members not report or ask about a child that was born and never seen or heard from again? In this particular case, they moved around from state to state a lot. But in other cases, family members live fairly close to the "missing" child. If I knew of a relative having a child and never got an update, picture, or something on the child, I would question it.

There are so many families that would take the child in, why do "parents" do this? How can you day in and day out see your own flesh & blood starving/malnourished/abused and go about your day like its ok? It's beyond all my comprehension...

I can't copy the map from google, but these folks lived on Vivid Lane in North Paulding. It's off Ivy Gulledge on up past Mt. Zion Cemetery. I think everyone needs to know where they live. These people need to be sentenced to life in prison - standing with their foreheads against the wall, hands clasped behind their heads, and up off their feet for 8 hrs per day every day.

Heartbreaking and my prayers are going to this kid and his sisters. Fortunately he was able to tell LA authorities who he was and where he lived otherwise this story may have had a more tragic ending, like him on the streets of LA and his sisters possibly getting hurt even worse. The poor kid had to find a family member to take him in because he's too old for child protective services and not disabled for the state to take care of him. Hope the family member is getting him the help, physical and mental and emotional and spiritual, that he needs.

Holy crap.

I saw this on the news last night.

I know of these people, because of the type of business they have had.

Really, really sick.

What type of businness?

Paul and Sheila Marie Comer

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/malnourished-georgia-teen-says-parents-kept-him-in/nSGng/

Paul Matthew Comer

Shelia Marie Comer

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/09/mitch_comer_abuse_teen_lapd_paul_comer.php

After removing him from school in the eighth grade, his stepfather, later identified as 48-year-old Paul Matthew Comer, confined him to a room and wouldn't allow him to leave. The young Comer was fed only small quantities of food daily and forced to assume a grueling disciplinary position every day for eight hours with the top of his head against a wall, his fingers interlaced behind his head and his feet raised off the ground. He also had two younger sisters he had almost never seen ...

This just breaks my heart. There is no telling what those children endured at the hands of their parents.

That is a fairly new neighborhood in the area. I'm wondering if they moved in, never let the kid out, so that no one even knew they had a kid. Soundproof room with no windows? Horrible!!! Amazing that the sisters didn't somehow let information slip to their friends. So wrong on so many levels.