Paulding.com

Food Stamps

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People definaty abuse the system. But for example, while pregnant with my daughter I qualified for Medicaid. I also qualified for WIC I was the only source of income for a family of 3 about to be four

And just where are all these jobs people are hiding from just to get govt. aid? You can't have it both ways, complain in one topic about there being NO jobs because of Obama and then gripe in another

I did not give up my 2 2003 paid for vehicles because we needed transportation. I guess I could have sold them to get a really beater car, but I needed reliable transportation to get to and from work

If you are living off the government then thank them for keeping you a float.

Otherwise you might be on the street.

Also read some history on what the government did to get the country back on track.

Now if you are living on the government dime. Take the time an educate your self to be a smarter an better educated person. To enable your self to get that job that needs a smarter worker.

Or sit on your ass and let other people support you.

• Like 1

Also read some history on what the government did to get the country back on track.

Now if you are living on the government dime. Take the time an educate your self to be a smarter an better educated person. To enable your self to get that job that needs a smarter worker.

Amen, there are a lot of people living off the government. Alot that don't need to be, and a lot

of elderly cannot get help. A lot of people don't care that they are not working, they have it made.

I hate to go to the grocery store the first of the month.

Why the first? EBT cards load at different times of the month, anything from the 5th of the month to the 23rd of the month, depending on the last two digits of the Social Security number of the person receiving the benefits.

I go to Food Depot in Lithia Springs a couple of times a month and I can tell when the EBT cards have been loaded.

I hate to go to the grocery store the first of the month.

You obviously don't get humor I have been workin since I was 16 and have never lived off the guvment ,actually I worked for a blasting company when I was laid off to keep from livin off the guvment but thanks mister liberal for makin sure obammer will take care of me.....I dont need there dime or anything else from the guvment because I am a responsible American, when I get old maybe I will lean left and suck off the guvment teet but hopefully I have put enough back to not rely on those crooks

Edited by yellowduckdog

Not everyone on benefits is screwing the system. I wholeheartedly believe that there whole be a safety net for those that fall on hard times. There should not be a hammock where people expect the support to pay their way.

• Like 1

Why the first? EBT cards load at different times of the month, anything from the 5th of the month to the 23rd of the month, depending on the last two digits of the Social Security number of the person receiving the benefits.

I go to Food Depot in Lithia Springs a couple of times a month and I can tell when the EBT cards have been loaded.

How can you tell the cards have been loaded? Just curious. Are people walking around with them exposed? I can honestly say every time I've ever been to a grocery store, I've never thought to look at a person and guess how they might be planning to pay.

Edited by jenilyn

Not everyone on benefits is screwing the system. I wholeheartedly believe that there whole be a safety net for those that fall on hard times. There should not be a hammock where people expect the support to pay their way.

Agreed, but a more stringent policy needs to be in place so it's not abused ,when more kids mean mo money it's not right

That particular store is really, really busy on days the cards load.

I was about the fourth person in line one day and watched to see how people paid. Everyone in front of me used an EBT card. EVERY ONE! I even saw a few people in other lines who had separated their groceries between those they could use Food Stamps to pay for and things they had to pay for themselves.

How can you tell in the cards have been loaded? Just curious. Are people walking around with them exposed? I can honestly say every time I've ever been to a grocery store, I've never thought to look at a person and guess how they might be planning to pay.

If there wasn't such a soft cushion for people to fall on their asses with they wouldn't stay there long. I doubt very seriously that they would have the pride and personal motivation to educate themselves in any way.

I think he might be confusing SS checks and food stamps. Last I heard all SS Cchecks go out at the end of the month. That OS what causes the surge there.

Well here's a thought... teach people from an early age to take responsibility for themselves and learn more than one trade to begin with.

WAY too many people have one skill and when that skill is not employable anymore,

is when they run in to problems.

I don't have that problem... and I know of at least one or two people on this board

who don't have that problem.

Edited by Nitro

Agreed, but a more stringent policy needs to be in place so it's not abused ,when more kids mean mo money it's not right

We had a more stringent policy in place... but guess what? Our current administration (Obama) put a stop to it.

I didn't care for Bill Clinton much, but one thing he did right was to put a 2 year cap on Welfare.

That was dissolved by our current president.

• Like 3

Well here's a thought... teach people from an early age to take responsibility for themselves and learn more than one trade to begin with.

WAY too many people have one skill and when that skill is not employable anymore,

is when they run in to problems.

I don't have that problem... and I know of at least one or two people on this board

who don't have that problem.

:clapping:

Social Security checks, at least for "newer" recipients, go out the Wednesday closest to the date of their birth. For instance, my husband's birthday is the 27th and his deposit is made the 4th Wednesday of the month. Some months it is the 24th or so, some months later.

My mom used to get hers on the 3rd.

I think he might be confusing SS checks and food stamps. Last I heard all SS Cchecks go out at the end of the month. That OS what causes the surge there.

Social Security checks, at least for "newer" recipients, go out the Wednesday closest to the date of their birth. For instance, my husband's birthday is the 27th and his deposit is made the 4th Wednesday of the month. Some months it is the 24th or so, some months later.

My mom used to get hers on the 3rd.

I get my SS check 'on or before the 3rd'.

• Like 1

You must have been drawing since prior to May 1997. That is when they went to the new system.

Here is the current system:

Second Wednesday if your birthday is between the 1st-10th

Third Wednesday if your birthday is between the 11th-20th

Fourth Wednesday if your birthday is between the 21st-31st

Yeah, pretty much. And you never know when the government is going to change it!! AGAIN.

So what everyone is saying is checks go out some time between the first and last day of the month? :rofl:

You must have been drawing since prior to May 1997. That is when they went to the new system.

Here is the current system:

Second Wednesday if your birthday is between the 1st-10th

Third Wednesday if your birthday is between the 11th-20th

Fourth Wednesday if your birthday is between the 21st-31st

Yeah, pretty much. And you never know when the government is going to change it!! AGAIN.

No, I started drawing May 2009 retroactive back to August 2008.

SSI payments were 'on or before the 1st'. SS payments were 'on or before the 3rd'.

My husband's check is deposited on the 4th Wednesday of the month (birthday of 27th). Friend has her deposited on the third Wednesday of the month (birthday of the 14th). Granted, both of them are SSDI checks, not Social Security retirement and neither get SSI.

Are you drawing both SSDI/SS and SSI? Those are still "on or before the 3rd".

No, I started drawing May 2009 retroactive back to August 2008.

SSI payments were 'on or before the 1st'. SS payments were 'on or before the 3rd'.

My husband's check is deposited on the 4th Wednesday of the month (birthday of 27th). Friend has her deposited on the third Wednesday of the month (birthday of the 14th). Granted, both of them are SSDI checks, not Social Security retirement and neither get SSI.

Are you drawing both SSDI/SS and SSI? Those are still "on or before the 3rd".

Only SS check.

I get mine the second Wednesday of the month, so it can be between the 1st and the 14th.

I guess the Wic comes the first.

You also need to check out what some of these folks are driving. Also the jewelry on their

their hands and around their neck. Makes me wonder.

I understand your point. But did you ever stop to think that maybe they had their cars and jewelry before they got to the point where they needed to get food stamps?

• Like 4

You also need to check out what some of these folks are driving. Also the jewelry on their

their hands and around their neck. Makes me wonder.

There is no way of knowing if someone has recently lost a job or had an illness. Many people don't sell off everything they own when they hit a bump. Many are actively looking for work. Many times they are making ends meet by putting their cash on utilities, rent, car payments and insurance. When people start selling everything off, letting cars and homes go they are at the point of giving up. They are preparing for full aid.

Welfare was designed to be a hand up during hard times, now they demand you sell everything before you can be helped. In our area it is almost impossible to work with out a vehicle and insurance, you also need a phone for call backs to jobs and interviews.

I know there are abusers, I try not to judge especially in this recession. I think people with valuable possessions will work harder to hold on to them by seeking work, others don't have much of value and what they do have they did not work for so they will stay on the system. The bad thing is they raise their kids to be the same.

• Like 1

No idea on that one.

Food stamps must have loaded today. Walmart was PACKED. I bet we waited in line close to 20 minutes. They had something like 6 or 7 checkouts open. I rarely have seen that particular store that crowded. :blink: :wacko:

I guess the Wic comes the first.

We were going to help our daughter and son in law get a car so he could widen his search for a job. REALLY difficult to get a job when you don't have a car to even go put in an application. Thankfully, he got a job slightly more than a half mile from their house. Even when they do get a car, he will continue to walk to work unless it's pouring down rain.

If you don't have a car to get to the job or to the interview, you have to have some kind of transportation. Taxis are quite expensive, too.

In our area it is almost impossible to work with out a vehicle and insurance, you also need a phone for call backs to jobs and interviews.

• Like 1

Considering a lot of people wait until everything is scanned and bagged before they get out their method of payment, you do watch. Like they couldn't scan the card BEFORE everything is bagged!!

I was behind a woman about a month ago at Walmart. She waited until EVERYTHING was scanned and bagged and in the cart before she opened her purse. Took her FOUR different methods of payment before she found one she could use! I actually paid attention to that one pretty close because she mentioned Bank of America. I had just had my BOA credit card declined as invalid the day before at Kroger. She apologized over and over for taking so much time to pay for her order. I told her not to worry about it. I was in a good mood that day. :rofl: I was just happy she finally found a card in her wallet that worked!

Someone in this thread is nosey as hell!!!

Who takes the time and makes the effort to scope out how everyone in line ahead if you is paying for their groceries?