Paulding.com

'Middle Class' is $200K and above

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Half this country right now pays no income taxes, so where do you draw the lines to determine the middle class? If you take the middle third, that means half of that "middle class" would be paying no

I thought the millionaire/billionaires($250K or more a year) where sucking all the wealth from the country because they did not pay their "fair share". Which one is it?     Damn Nazis.

Good grief. I swear some of you would be jealous of a piss ant. Waaa waaaa waaa, I'm too stupid to know how the rich get rich, and stay rich. How many of you wanting to see Romney's tax returns, do

Romney did not say the middle class starts at $200K. His actual quote was "$200,000 to $250,000 or less."

Link with more info: My link

Did you even read the article you provided the link to? It says that Romney said middle class is an income of $200,000 to $250,000 a year and less. He DID NOT say it is between $200-250K.

I'm on the iPad.

Someone quote the article and post it because that's exactly what it says.

Hush! I'm trying to win $10,000 here.

Don't be giving no links or evidence. This one is very easy. So please, HUSH!

Zoo,

The people who disagree with you like to think they are artists of criticism, but they are far from being true critics. That's because they have such a minute idea of what they are talking about. drinks.gif

It may not be ridiculous in your world, it is in mine and probably most people reading this topic.

I assume since you're posting on Paulding.com that you live in Georgia. $200K in Georgia may not be considered middle class but $200K in New York could be considered middle class. The president is president for all states, not just the ones you are familiar with. Should Romney instead have spent 30 minutes listing what he considers middle class for each of the individual 57 states?

I assume since you're posting on Paulding.com that you live in Georgia. $200K in Georgia may not be considered middle class but $200K in New York could be considered middle class. The president is president for all states, not just the ones you are familiar with. Should Romney instead have spent 30 minutes listing what he considers middle class for each of the individual 57 states?

Could be considered middle class? SERIOUSLY?! Every state isn't New York, which seems to be your basis for this argument. I could consider myself tall and blond, but that won't make it true.

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 1

Ah other sites have left the extra words let off. Which I think this site added on to make him more like Obama. I found a few with the " or less" added to the statement and a few without it.

Either way I guess the GAO notes 50k as middle class.

I guess I am lower middle class then.

1347673980[/url]' post='3694751']

Did you even read the article you provided the link to? It says that Romney said middle class is an income of $200,000 to $250,000 a year and less. He DID NOT say it is between $200-250K.

Could be considered middle class? SERIOUSLY?! Every state isn't New York, which seems to be your basis for this argument. I could consider myself tall and blond, but that won't make it true.

Romney made a statement saying that middle class income is $200K to $250K and less. People are giving him grief for saying $200K is middle class. My point is that $200K could be considered middle class in some states so his statement is correct. The "$200K to $250K" part of his statement covers those states with higher costs of living like New York and California. The "and less" part of his statement covers other states.

I still want to see romney's tax returns and what rate he pays taxes.

He is all about those making serious money and using the working class to pay for it.

How is he "using the working class to pay for it"? "Those making serious money" already pay the majority of income taxes.

• Like 1

I still want to see romney's tax returns and what rate he pays taxes.

He is all about those making serious money and using the working class to pay for it.

The thing is, if Romney is working the current tax system and is paying a low rate, more power to him. That means he know how to manage money.

The thing is, if Romney is working the current tax system and is paying a low rate, more power to him. That means he know how to manage money.

There's no need to consider Romney, he want be having to do anything about taxes, or the economy.

CNN Electoral Map

Predict which candidate will win each state and see who reaches 270 electoral votes first. Click on a state to choose Obama, click again to choose Romney.

Total number of Electoral College votes: 538

Total needed to win: 270

ec_obama_bw.jpg

Obama total:237

ec_romney_bw.jpg

Romney total:191JDEMDVAWVOHINILCTWINCDCMATN

Unallocated Electoral Votes : 110ARMOGASCKYALLAMSIAMNOKTXNMKSNESDNDWYMTCOIDUTAZNVORWACA

Edited by The Postman

There's no need to consider Romney, he want be having to do anything about taxes, or the economy.

[Deleted gibberish about irrelevant electoral vote totals before people have actually voted.]

Do you have the next winning lottery numbers that you will share also?

Do you have the next winning lottery numbers that you will share also?

Romney want be able to convince voters with all his money spent on campaign ads.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GGDpnxS4ogk

Tomato Tamato.

But how does he define "middle-income"? The Republican presidential nominee defined it Friday as income of $200,000 to $250,000 a year and less.

Obama also has set his definition for "middle class" as families with income of up to $250,000 a year.

My link

Romney - glass half empty

Obama - glass half full

Good grief. I swear some of you would be jealous of a piss ant. Waaa waaaa waaa, I'm too stupid to know how the rich get rich, and stay rich.

How many of you wanting to see Romney's tax returns, don't do EXACTLY what he does? How many of you (if you are home owners) don't take the mortgage deduction? How bout the EIC? How many of you itemize?

There isn't a rich person Republican, nor democrat that won't take FULL advantage of our tax code. I know it's a shock to some of you (TP, ZC, NE.) The truth is none of them give a rats a$$ about anyone except who will vote for them. If you can't see that just by the way they pander to the "special" intrest groups, then you are as stupid as I think you are.

• Like 3

Good grief. I swear some of you would be jealous of a piss ant. Waaa waaaa waaa, I'm too stupid to know how the rich get rich, and stay rich.

How many of you wanting to see Romney's tax returns, don't do EXACTLY what he does? How many of you (if you are home owners) don't take the mortgage deduction? How bout the EIC? How many of you itemize?

There isn't a rich person Republican, nor democrat that won't take FULL advantage of our tax code. I know it's a shock to some of you (TP, ZC, NE.) The truth is none of them give a rats a$$ about anyone except who will vote for them. If you can't see that just by the way they pander to the "special" intrest groups, then you are as stupid as I think you are.

:good:

Believe me, Romney loves Democrats too, if they are Blue Dog's. Some of them has as much money as he does.

The only rich man am jealous of is Warren Buffett. He has sense enough to know how things work.

"There's class warfare, all right," Mr. Buffett said, "but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 1

I hope you guys are talking with tongue in cheek, and are not serious. If you are, that's the biggest reason our great country is in the shape it's in. Too many people expecting hard working tax payers to pay for all their wants, and some of their needs. It's time the slugs, ticks, leeches, welfare mamas, moochers, lazy arses to start fending for themselves.

nah, they feel like the rest of us working people, when do we reep the benefits of our hard earned labor. The working people are ready to quit working. The government has handed every welfare recipient everything and they have gotten use to handouts.The school system is bad too. They get wic,medicaid and TANF. If you are on TANF you Get free lunch and your kid gets a free computer because they deserve one and get internet (High speed might I add) for $9.99 from Comcast, owned by our local county commissioner. Hell, I am still on dial up.

nah, they feel like the rest of us working people, when do we reep the benefits of our hard earned labor. The working people are ready to quit working. The government has handed every welfare recipient everything and they have gotten use to handouts.The school system is bad too. They get wic,medicaid and TANF. If you are on TANF you Get free lunch and your kid gets a free computer because they deserve one and get internet (High speed might I add) for $9.99 from Comcast, owned by our local county commissioner. Hell, I am still on dial up.

Could you please provide a link or some proof that kids who get free lunch, get a computer and free high speed internet? And the Comcast is owned by a local county commissioner? I know several children who have free lunch and they have no computer or high speed internet.

Edited by momof 3

You are right about working people getting ready to quit working, because they are not reaping the benefits of their hard work. But, rather than the reason you gave it's because the Warren Buffet class is out classing them, out maneuvering them, out thinking them, and taking plenty of time to do it. They are sitting on their arse, and even have receptionist's answering their telephone, bill collectors collecting money for them, and they even pay someone to collect the 11 apples they take from the plate of a dozen. Then, they are told to watch out for their coworkers, because they want part of your apple. drinks.gif

Edited by The Postman

Could you please provide a link or some proof that kids who get free lunch, get a computer and free high speed internet? And the Comcast is owned by a local county commissioner? I know several children who have free lunch and they have no computer or high speed internet.

First of all read you comcast bill, I am not gonna encourage it so I will not share my knowledge with ya or provide a link. I think it is sad what people do today to get handouts. That is all I have to say about it.NO I am not on welfare , have never been on welfare and will never be on welfare because while folks were spending thier money on stuff, vacations, toys, etc. I was building several nest for my eggs.Further more I will not contribute to the handout abuse.

Edited by Garden Girl

First of all read you comcast bill, I am not gonna encourage it so I will not share my knowledge with ya or provide a link. I think it is sad what people do today to get handouts. That is all I have to say about it.NO I am not on welfare , have never been on welfare and will never be on welfare because while folks were spending thier money on stuff, vacations, toys, etc. I was building several nest for my eggs.

I don't have Comcast, so I can't read the bill. Who said that you were on welfare? Not me. I'm just curious as to how you know that kids with free lunch get free computers and high speed internet and reap the benefits of all those who work.

And the statement 'I will never be on welfare' are mighty big words. I hope you don't have to swallow them one day, you might choke.

• Like 1

First of all read you comcast bill, I am not gonna encourage it so I will not share my knowledge with ya or provide a link. I think it is sad what people do today to get handouts. That is all I have to say about it.NO I am not on welfare , have never been on welfare and will never be on welfare because while folks were spending thier money on stuff, vacations, toys, etc. I was building several nest for my eggs.Further more I will not contribute to the handout abuse.

Wow, this is awfully contrary to the first image I had of you from some of your posts. What about Gods plan? WWJD? I'll be sure to pay closer attention to my Comcast bill, If I can help out, why not?

.... What about Gods plan? WWJD? ...

What would Jesus do? He spoke a parable about this. I'll update it for you.

The Lord gave 3 guys some money to invest. He gave one of them $10,000, to the other $5,000 and to the last $1,000.

When the Lord came back he asked the first one what he did with the money.

The first one said I invested it and got $10,000 more. Here's $20,000. "You done good!"

The second one said I invested it and got $5,000 more. Here's $10,000. "You done good too!"

The third said I took mine and hid it. Here's the $1,000 you gave me.

The Lord took the $1,000 from him and gave it to the first one who had $20,000.

Then the Lord told the third one, "Thou wicked and slothful servant" You scumbag! and cast him into outer darkness and everlasting punishment.

• Like 1

What's really sad are people who reach over into the plate of a dozen apples, G G, and take 11 of them, then tell you to watch out for your coworkers; they want part of your apple. Welfare is when you are greedy, and take all but one apple, then tell the person with his hand on the last apple to watch out for his coworkers, because they want part of your apple. These people take all the welfare they can get, and if they leave one apple it's because they want Republicans to know they did let something trickle down. Talk about vacations they take thim while everybody else in the corporation is working long hours.

Edited by The Postman

What's really sad are people who reach over into the plate of a dozen apples, G G, and take 11 of them, then tell you to watch out for your coworkers; they want part of your apple. Welfare is when you are greedy, and take all but one apple, then tell the person with his hand on the last apple to watch out for his coworkers, because they want part of your apple. These people take all the welfare they can get, and if they leave one apple it's because they want Republicans to know they did let something trickle down. Talk about vacations they take thim while everybody else in the corporation is working long hours.

More class warfare rhetoric... :wacko:

More class warfare rhetoric... :wacko:

There is class warfare, and there's no two ways about it. It was started by Warren Buffett's class, and they are winning. Just because they leave one apple doesn't mean they give a damn about you, c306. They probable just want to keep you alive so you can grow them eleven more apples, while they go on vacation. pardon.gif

What would Jesus do? He spoke a parable about this. I'll update it for you.

The Lord gave 3 guys some money to invest. He gave one of them $10,000, to the other $5,000 and to the last $1,000.

When the Lord came back he asked the first one what he did with the money.

The first one said I invested it and got $10,000 more. Here's $20,000. "You done good!"

The second one said I invested it and got $5,000 more. Here's $10,000. "You done good too!"

The third said I took mine and hid it. Here's the $1,000 you gave me.

The Lord took the $1,000 from him and gave it to the first one who had $20,000.

Then the Lord told the third one, "Thou wicked and slothful servant" You scumbag! and cast him into outer darkness and everlasting punishment.

I know of the parable you speak of, but I have a few problems with the version of your story.

1. I'm not sure the Lord would hand anyone any money.

2. I don't think dollars were around during Jesus' time.

3. You forgot about the fourth guy who accused the first guy of stealing from the other two. ;)

I don't have Comcast, so I can't read the bill. Who said that you were on welfare? Not me. I'm just curious as to how you know that kids with free lunch get free computers and high speed internet and reap the benefits of all those who work.

And the statement 'I will never be on welfare' are mighty big words. I hope you don't have to swallow them one day, you might choke.

Letters were sent home from school and plainly stated qualifications and TANF was the qualification, free lunch was one too. Once you are issued a TANF number then folks qualify for the handouts. I am the one that will give someone the last dollar in my pocket if they need it,but do not ask me to help if you are getting more than your fair share. I will not be on welfare, if I got sick today "oh well" I know what will happen and my heart is fine with that, I will not spend thousands of dollars to save this life, why would I, I know where I am going.It is not anyones/goverments job to pay my medical, give me insurance, pay my mortgage,etc. I had choices and I made them. People choose to make bad choices and they expect everyone else to pay.I had a baby, I paid for him with insurance and cash, I married my husband and if he had turned out to be a deadbeat and did not support our baby then I would had.Welfare should not have to be a bandaid for poor choices in life. That's all I am saying.

Edited by Garden Girl

Wow, this is awfully contrary to the first image I had of you from some of your posts. What about Gods plan? WWJD? I'll be sure to pay closer attention to my Comcast bill, If I can help out, why not?

[/quo

Jenilyn,you are not donating to the cause thru comcast, the GOVERMENT is footing the bill with our tax money. I do not know what image you have of me but I can tell you that I have never cared about peoples image of me, I am not saying that in a bad way but I just do not let that change who I am.I am either liked by you or not, it doesn't matter to me either way. I am not the type of person that dwells on what folks think aout me. I have a purpose here on earth and I tend to it daily.

I know of the parable you speak of, but I have a few problems with the version of your story.

1. I'm not sure the Lord would hand anyone any money.

2. I don't think dollars were around during Jesus' time.

3. You forgot about the fourth guy who accused the first guy of stealing from the other two. ;)

Apparently, you don't 'know' the parable at all.

Here it is again for you.

Matthew 25

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

In Summary:

1. Yes, he gave them money

2. I said I updated it, the original parable used 'talents' which was silver coins

3. There was only the Lord and the 3 servants. No 4th guy.

Good try. You can play again later.