Paulding.com

'Middle Class' is $200K and above

Apparently, you don't 'know' the parable at all.

Here it is again for you.

Matthew 25

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

In Summary:

1. Yes, he gave them money

2. I said I updated it, the original parable used 'talents' which was silver coins

3. There was only the Lord and the 3 servants. No 4th guy.

Good try. You can play again later.

1. The lord in your story isn't the Lord, meaning God. Yes, the parable is a metaphor for heaven, but in your retelling, you basically renamed the man as God.

2. I'll concede that you were updating the story.

3. My last point was a joke aimed at someone else in this thread. I'm sorry it was lost on you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Half this country right now pays no income taxes, so where do you draw the lines to determine the middle class? If you take the middle third, that means half of that "middle class" would be paying no

I thought the millionaire/billionaires($250K or more a year) where sucking all the wealth from the country because they did not pay their "fair share". Which one is it?     Damn Nazis.

Good grief. I swear some of you would be jealous of a piss ant. Waaa waaaa waaa, I'm too stupid to know how the rich get rich, and stay rich. How many of you wanting to see Romney's tax returns, do

The thing is, if Romney is working the current tax system and is paying a low rate, more power to him. That means he know how to manage money.

That would be the same tax system that the 'slugs' who get a check despite paying nothing in are working. Kudos to the guy who already has more than enough money to last the rest of his life for being smart enough to slice a hefty sum off his tax bill on the backs of those of us who have no such advantage but hellfire & damnation to those who have so little income they're able to lay claim to a couple thousand dollars every year.

No telling how many of those 'deadbeat' refunds it would take to equal the amount Romney doesn't pay each year after he works the system.

If someone is going to benefit from my tax money (because I certainly don't and never will), I'd much rather it be someone who actually NEEDS it than some exceedingly wealthy person who pays a lower percentage of tax on his/her income than I do.

I find it amazing the number of so-called Christians and proud conservatives who are eager to moralize who excuse the rich and villify the poor for doing exactly the same thing.

Yeah, that's what Jesus said - feed and care for the rich who can easily afford to feed and care for themselves and everybody else can go hang.

• Like 1

Kill your husband and we can spend the insurance money in the Bahamas.

I'm worth much more than him. We can fake my death.

My point is that I'm tired of doing what's right...I'm ready to play the game. I want the free handouts. I want the free medicine. I just got to stroke a check for $3K for medical tests that aren't covered by my great health insurance. Now, I've been informed that my new out of pocket max is $7500 - under BCBS, at my great corporate job, that's "contributing to the growth of America".

I've done it all by the book, paying in and bending over.

If my husband goes back to work, we'll be upper class again - do I then get to start taking advantage of a lower tax rate? Or would it make more sense for us to have him stay home?

Either way, we're financially worry-free; my main goal is finding whatever way humanly possible to pay as little as possible and get as much out as possible for the remainder of the time that I have to stay in this Godforsaken country.