Paulding.com

Speeding/Racing Motorcycles

So far they have moved on since Wed. Night. We hear them but they have not been down Morningside. So hopefully they got the hint that they re not welcomed on this road.

Thanks for clearing that up. Next time myself and my husband decided to ride his LOUD crotch rocket, I will make sure not to come on your road! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't really mind the ones that are loud. My brother has a Harley. But these are racing on the stretch of the road. As long as they go the 35 mile per hour speed limit we could careless. I'm just happy they seem to have moved on. As far as us still hearing them well they must of moved on to Pine Valley. So that's why we still hear them. ;)

Edited by PCnative

The witchhunt just ended thanks for all the info id be one of those bikers and you couldve came at this in a nicer way we are nice guys to talk to so please please post a problem that you have and i will let u know if it can be fixed which i will be glad to help w :)

You generally don't approach someone in a nice way when they are endangering the lives of innocent people

with foolish and reckless acts of conduct.

If you are one of "those" bikers, why do you insist on breaking the law to an extent that it could

seriously endanger someone? Nobody cares if you want to go out an ride wheelies and 'have fun' on

a closed course or race track... but when you do it on public streets and endanger the lives of innocent people,

you're not going to be met with kindness.

You're not going to be looked at lightly from other motorcyclists either because those idiotic stunts on

the public roads give the rest of the motorists a bad taste about motorcyclists.

It gives all motorcyclists a bad rap.

• Like 3

The witchhunt just ended thanks for all the info id be one of those bikers and you couldve came at this in a nicer way we are nice guys to talk to so please please post a problem that you have and i will let u know if it can be fixed which i will be glad to help w :)

I have so much want to say - but I just can't get it out in coherent sentences....wacko.gif

I have been around race cars, motorcycles etc most of my life and have always heard people that perceive that if it sounds loud it must be going fast. Although I do not agree with doing stunts on public roads which should be kept to other areas I have followed these bikes before and they were not going any faster than anyone else on the roads. Yes they do sound very loud. But the other day I was following a lady in a pickup truck on Morningside most likely going to work she was on her cell phone either talking or texting and next thing I know she is crossing the center line. She was going well over the speed limit. So next time you answer your phone or text while your driving think of what a danger you are to the motorcycles on the road. Your vehicle is more of a death threat to them than they are to you. Like I said I do not condone stunts or crazy excessive speeds but most of the drivers I know get a bad rap because some people assume that just because it is loud it is fast. We all need to be responsible drivers. Just saying..................

I have been around race cars, motorcycles etc most of my life and have always heard people that perceive that if it sounds loud it must be going fast. Although I do not agree with doing stunts on public roads which should be kept to other areas I have followed these bikes before and they were not going any faster than anyone else on the roads. Yes they do sound very loud. But the other day I was following a lady in a pickup truck on Morningside most likely going to work she was on her cell phone either talking or texting and next thing I know she is crossing the center line. She was going well over the speed limit. So next time you answer your phone or text while your driving think of what a danger you are to the motorcycles on the road. Your vehicle is more of a death threat to them than they are to you. Like I said I do not condone stunts or crazy excessive speeds but most of the drivers I know get a bad rap because some people assume that just because it is loud it is fast. We all need to be responsible drivers. Just saying..................

I agree with the loud part, my husbands is very loud. I use to crawl his butt for driving to fast. After riding with him, he wasn't speeding just sounds like he is.

Welcome, and grow a thick skin. Some of these folks think their word and opinions are gold!

What, didja moma drop you on your damn head?

Sorry let me rephrase that. I am not one of "those" bikers but i associate with those that have. I keep my wheelies in the parking lot as a track wont allow you. Kinda similar to skateboarding communities hated skateboarding in public areas then made them skate parks to solve the problem. Sorry on my last, came off wrong, that's why I posted to ask for your concerns, as I will try to help. Thanks

It's kids on dirt bikes that torment our neighborhood we know where our tormentor lives and have complained but his parents have said it's none of our business. Pulling wheelies, 60 mph in a 25 zone and no muffler, sooner or later his going to kill someone. But short of starting a war with his not so stable Father we really don't know what to do. God help us when the kid gets a car.

It's kids on dirt bikes that torment our neighborhood we know where our tormentor lives and have complained but his parents have said it's none of our business. Pulling wheelies, 60 mph in a 25 zone and no muffler, sooner or later his going to kill someone. But short of starting a war with his not so stable Father we really don't know what to do. God help us when the kid gets a car.

Call the Sheriff's Dept because riding dirt bikes on public roads in Paulding County is completely illegal as are 4 wheelers. If the drive or property is privately owned and they have the owner's permission then it is legal, but only with permission and a helment. Paulding Sheriff's Office non-emergency #770-445-2117

Sorry let me rephrase that. I am not one of "those" bikers but i associate with those that have. I keep my wheelies in the parking lot as a track wont allow you. Kinda similar to skateboarding communities hated skateboarding in public areas then made them skate parks to solve the problem. Sorry on my last, came off wrong, that's why I posted to ask for your concerns, as I will try to help. Thanks

Don't even waste your breath....they just want to talk....

Tell that to the 3+ bikers that like to wheelie and do 100 mph on bakers bridge road and ridge road every weekend. Normally cars speed anyway on those roads anyway -- these guys will be passing them 30-40 mph faster on the double-yellow. So, no it is not just one crazy guy. It starts up every friday night and goes until sunday night as they fly by every couple of hours. And as far as "sound" -- most anyone can tell you a bike is speeding just by listening to the high rpm engine going through all 6 gears almost a mile away.

• Like 1

It's not an attack on you personally. I know there are safe bikers out there but I see so many more dangerous ones. You're getting all our problems with motorcyclists. We can't approach y'all on the road with our concerns because you're driving between traffic lanes and doing 80 in a 45 and taking curves on your knee. I saw one Saturday make an illegal right turn. He was in the right turn lane and there was a car in front of him at the red light, checking to see if the traffic was clear so the car could turn right. The idiot motorcycle went off the road onto the shoulder and sidewalk to turn right instead of waiting for the car to turn or the light to change. I've seen bikers ride between the two westbound lanes of traffic on Dallas Hwy when it was backed up at Mars Hill, then turn right onto Mars Hill from the left lane because they could fit, and I saw two of them come flying between travel lanes on 285 to get around bigger vehicles and then high-five each other when they made it! I don't have a problem with bikes, my husband had one for years and is looking for another one, but show some respect for your fellow drivers and the LAWS and drive safe. I get so tired of seeing the "Be safe around motorcycle"-type posts on Facebook when THEY'RE the problem! It's hypocritical as heck and makes other drivers look like the bad guys. Will you keep these things in mind when out for a leisurely drive with this beautiful fall weather? I just want a safe drive for me AND for you.

This discussion should come down to respect for law. Last I heard speeding and reckless driving is illegal. It also comes down to a Parents responsibility to teach their children to be law abiding citizens. Most of the teenagers speeding through our neighborhood on dirt bikes and four wheeler's don't have a drivers licence and most likely no insurance. When they are given the ok by their parents to disrespect the law and other people's rights what kind of drivers will they become when they graduate to a automobile ?

Their should be no surprise when these parents get that 2am phone call from the Sheriff's dept telling them that their child has just killed himself and some other innocent people in a horrific car accident.