Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gtfamily

Sushi ?

Looking for amazing Sushi in Dallas Hiram or Acworth. Any suggestions???

Hai Hai is good...but not amazing. Taki isn't bad either. But I have yet to find one I like as well as Kani House in Woodstock. Their dragon rolls are amazing.

Great...now my mouth is watering for sushi! :lol:

I love Taki's Sushi.. I love the philly rolls, boston rolls, and the Hamachi anything.. the best thing i have had at them is the SOUTHSIDE ROLL..

At FUGI SUSHI.. i love the THANKS GOD ROLL and its less expensive.

I cant eat at Hai Hai because it use to be a Pet store in that same shop.. Its just a mental thing with me.

Edited by halo 2

The best in Paulding is probably Taki, and is the most expensive in the Hiram area.

HaiHai is okay, but i got turned off when sitting at the sushi bar and watched the guy pull it out of the freezer and microwave it before prepping.. really.

I don't have anything good to say about Fuji personally, heard so many talk them up, but went to do a takeout tray one night and it was a tiny order and they wanted to charge me around $100 for what was $40 worth. They got into an argument with me over how the prices in the store weren't the same as "take out" on the sushi, so they got to keep the tray.

There's also Misu at 61 and Ridge which is okay, and then another place at the end of 92 and 41 which isn't really Paulding but would work if you were close to that area.

Sapporos is no longer, but heard nothing but bad bad things about their service while they were in business.

I agree with Fuji Sushi. We had it for the first time Saturday night, I picked it up and ate at home. It was very good and the prices are good.

Atamis on Cedarcrest Rd beside Sals is really good. $2.99 Sushi on Monday and Tuesdays. We love the Indian Roll and Spicy Shrimp Roll.

I love Taki's Sushi.. I love the philly rolls, boston rolls, and the Hamachi anything.. the best thing i have had at them is the SOUTHSIDE ROLL..

At FUGI SUSHI.. i love the THANKS GOD ROLL and its less expensive.

I cant eat at Hai Hai because it use to be a Pet store in that same shop.. Its just a mental thing with me.

Meow......need i say more

If you have to stay in Paulding then my vote is fuji. It's clean, fresh tasting and let's face it, sushi isn't the cheapest anywhere but they are, reasonable.

another place at the end of 92 and 41 which isn't really Paulding but would work if you were close to that area

Pacific spice. I think they are good. But haven't been in quite awhile.

Back when we were entertaining alot, doing fund raisers for Relay for Life and American Heart, et al, we would do a Sushi/Sashimi Dinner at our house. This was before we had the local joints.

I would get Ahi Tuna, Grouper, Snapper, etc. from Buford Highway Farmers Market, and/or Harrys. Good stuff, fresh. We would have 12-14 guests and you made your check out to the charity.

I would be willing to do this for a group again, but I can't afford to eat the food costs and donate the gross to charities as we did in the past.

If there were enough interested partrons, we could work something out.

Miso soup, Sake, sushi rolls, sashimi fish, lots of wasabi and seaweed salad, japanese cole slaw [pickeled] etc. Enoki and s-h-i-t-ake mushrooms, avocado, etc. Even softshell crap for "spider rolls" if available.

Let me know and we may can get something going.

we love doing sushi/sashimi, but you need at least 2 people or so to make to worthwhile to get the fish.

And for what it is worth, NO sushimi should use frozen and thawed fish. It needs to be uber fresh.....still wiggling if possible.

If you feel like driving to Marietta, I highly recommend Thaicoon sushi. It's amazing (right off the square).

recently, I was too lazy to make the drive and my husband and I tried Taki. It was good as well, but nothing beats Thaicoon in my opinion

Taki or Fuji, and if you need a sushi date you better call me b/c I have been craving it!

i was the manager at the pet store and the amount of critters that went missing well lets just say my family refuses to eat there to..

Meow......need i say more