Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
lilgallowsmama

Know someone who is fluent

I'm taking German II and had a tutor lined up for the semester. Not only do I need to pass this class, but I actually need to absorb it as I have to go all the way to level 4 German. The tutor is great about tutoring me during class if I need help (he's fluent, but also needs the credits, so he's taking it with me) but, I'm having to remind him to do his homework. rolleyes.gif This means I'm getting zero help with mine.

Obviously, I need help. Even if the person can't tutor me, I'd love to have more German speaking people in my network just to talk to - email, chat with, meet in person. Something.

I seem to learn better when I'm immersed in it, but the professor only speaks German this year - even the stuff we don't know, and all 30 of us are lost. Last year's professor spoke German, then repeated it in English, then said it again in German.

So much easier.

We have a lady that goes to our church that speaks German. She is older though so I am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

I have a friend from Germany - she loves having folks to speak with. Let me give her your name on facebook - probably the easiest if that's okay with you. Just let me know.

My neighbor & a lot of her friends do.

You could come play bridge with them, and bring your Mom & daughter to play with me.

Her sister just visited for 6 weeks, and brought 2 of her grandchildren with her. They spoke German, Russian and English. WOW! What lucky children to actually be raised speaking 3 languages.

LGM, my mother is from Germany as is my oldest sister. My sister is probably too busy but my mother might just like a little company. She is not shut in and has a busy Seniors schedule but she might just be willing to chat if you are willing to go to her in Pwd Spg. I would have to ask her if you would like. I speak it but not fluently. It might be neat for you to sit in with her and my oldest sister together. And my mom, her sister, brother and his wife ( still living in Berlin) will all be here for the manual October visit very soon. I love it because I speak and understand both English and German and my mom always gets confused and speaks German to my dad (born here) and English to my aunt and uncle. She does to me as well bit it doesn't matter as much to me.

Oh wow! I wasn't expecting such a response!!

We have a lady that goes to our church that speaks German. She is older though so I am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

I don't care how old they are. biggrin.gif I tend to like old people and young people, but not many in between. lol.

I have a friend from Germany -- Let me ask her --

Thanks!

I have a friend from Germany - she loves having folks to speak with. Let me give her your name on facebook - probably the easiest if that's okay with you. Just let me know.

That'd be great! ♥

My neighbor & a lot of her friends do.

You could come play bridge with them, and bring your Mom & daughter to play with me.

Her sister just visited for 6 weeks, and brought 2 of her grandchildren with her. They spoke German, Russian and English. WOW! What lucky children to actually be raised speaking 3 languages.

I have no idea how to play bridge, but I bet I can learn before then! biggrin.gif And I can bring mom and Mini-Me...but what about Mini'er-Me? unsure.gif

I have a friend who is a high school German teacher - very fluent, used to live in Germany. I'm sure I can get you in touch if you like. PM me your info.

Oh, that would be awesome!!

LGM, my mother is from Germany as is my oldest sister. My sister is probably too busy but my mother might just like a little company. She is not shut in and has a busy Seniors schedule but she might just be willing to chat if you are willing to go to her in Pwd Spg. I would have to ask her if you would like. I speak it but not fluently. It might be neat for you to sit in with her and my oldest sister together. And my mom, her sister, brother and his wife ( still living in Berlin) will all be here for the manual October visit very soon. I love it because I speak and understand both English and German and my mom always gets confused and speaks German to my dad (born here) and English to my aunt and uncle. She does to me as well bit it doesn't matter as much to me.

biggrin.gif Like I need a reason to hang out with the Dis family! :p

This sounds like hilarious fun.

Ein bier bitte.

I lived in Germany, does that count?

:lol:

Nein. nea.gif

tongue.gif