Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
beautymaker06

who do yall use

West Ga. Dentistry for children. Love Dr. Sharon! 678-384-1787

My kids love their dentist, so much so that my youngest tries to come up with reasons to go to the dentist.

Link

mrnn

My wife works there at Children's Dental Center at Brookstone and they are great with kids and a very kid friendly office

Young Smiles Dentistry -- Dr. Jackson

they do kids only --- located on macland road a mile or so near the cobb/paulding line. Video games, TVs on the ceiling -- they do basic cleanings all the way to oral surgery with sedation, etc

http://www.youngsmilesdentistry.com/

Dr. Lisa West.

Sorry - no offense to you - but I wouldn't take my dog to her. She was the most HORRIBLE experience I've had with just about anybody - I can only think of one other experience in my life that was worse than trying to deal with her.

• Like 3

"IF" your on the southside, my middle grandchild goes to a Dentist across from Chapel Hill Middle School, in Douglasville. R & R (Reece & Reece, maybe) they are great. Couldn't ask for a better staff!!!!

Sorry - no offense to you - but I wouldn't take my dog to her. She was the most HORRIBLE experience I've had with just about anybody - I can only think of one other experience in my life that was worse than trying to deal with her.

Maybe it was a bad experience because you took your dog. I take my kids.

• Like 3

they do kids only --- located on macland road a mile or so near the cobb/paulding line. Video games, TVs on the ceiling -- they do basic cleanings all the way to oral surgery with sedation, etc

We go here also. My kids love it! They are awesome with the kids too

We go here also. My kids love it! They are awesome with the kids too

Yeah - whatever. I'll never be screamed at again or have my kids screamed at again like that. RIDICULOUS! And, then when I started talking to other moms of kids the same age - the racket she was running with cavities was the other nails in her professional coffin.

I carry the grandkids here and as far as the grandkids they love to go. Now the only issue I have had with them is I have very good dental insurance and they will schedule the appointment and everytime I get there the hygenist will come and get me and say "Johnny was sheduled for quite a bit of work today and the doctor does not like to do so much in 1 visit." my reply " I do believe your office knows what they were doing when they scheduled this appointment and if you thought it was too much at one time then you would not have scheduled it, your office should know this, so therefore do the work. I will not be scheduling another office visit for me/my insurance to be charged.I also tell them I am paying cash for my portion and that they are not on Medicaid. They then go ahead and do the work.They always file my insurance but I pay cash for my portion right then. They seem to do alot of Medicaid cases which explains why they like to stretch the work out.Bottom Line, They are great but if you are paying a portion out of pocket. Use caution.

Edited by Garden Girl

Yeah - whatever. I'll never be screamed at again or have my kids screamed at again like that. RIDICULOUS! And, then when I started talking to other moms of kids the same age - the racket she was running with cavities was the other nails in her professional coffin.

Dr Kevin Jackson at young smiles is a male --- not sure who the "she" is you are referring to.

I can say to not take your kids to the newer dental group in hiram at the corner of 278 and hiram drive / business 6. They have no patience for young kids that are apprehensive or fussy. We tried 2 different dentists there before finally giving up and switching to a true children's dentist.

Dr Kevin Jackson at young smiles is a male --- not sure who the "she" is you are referring to.

I can say to not take your kids to the newer dental group in hiram at the corner of 278 and hiram drive / business 6. They have no patience for young kids that are apprehensive or fussy. We tried 2 different dentists there before finally giving up and switching to a true children's dentist.

She is referring to Dr Lisa West. She is a female....

We have used Dr. Lisa West since my oldest started going and she is now 15 and all 3 of my kids love going there and we have never had any problems.

I agree. She cares nothing about patients just about how much money she can get. She said my son needed a crown on a tooth that came out 6 months later when he was about 5. A honest dentist would have never did that knowing it was going to come out!!

• Like 1

Children's Dentistry of West Cobb, I've been taking all 3 kids there since they were babies! They are GREAT!!! They even have a "teen" area in the planning, so they don't feel like they are at the "kiddie" dentist. Definately check them out if they are on your insurance!

I just want somebody who will be nice to me n my kids n who will be patient with my youngest one

I was amazed by how Dr. Mohip at Wolf Family Dentistry handled my son's first filling last month. She was so good with him that he didn't even know that she used Novocaine on him. We had explained to him beforehand what to expect, and afterwards he kept telling me that he didn't have to get a shot. He had no clue that she'd used the Novocaine! That really impressed me!

My husband and I use her as well, and she's been great with us too. I'm a huge baby when it comes to the dentist. She and her staff are so patient with me, and make me feel very comfortable. I wouldn't go to anyone but her!

I am also not a big fan of Dr. West. I took my son when he was two and it was a horrible experience. No patience what so ever and my kid was terrified and has been ever since.

• Like 1

My family goes to Distinctive Dentistry. I see Dr. Bickford and have since I was 12 years old. But he no longer accepts new pediatric patients, but his partner Dr. Shirley does. Both of my girls see him (And think he is soooo cute :wub: :lol: ). He's very friendly and does a great job.

We LOVE Dr. Rossitch!! He and his staff are absolutely amazing with kids. My princess loves to go to the dentist.

We'll be looking into some of the places referred to here.

We are currently with Dr Lisa West & have had to deal with her insurance "scam" as well. I pay the "estimated" cost up front & then get hit with a $200+ bill after services are complete- they say- "Your insurance paid less than we expected" every time. Spoke with Guardian (the insurance) and confirmed the amounts they gave to the dentist that they would pay. Dr. West's office has not been honest with us.