Paulding.com

My dad adores Travis Tritt and I mean, he dearly loves him. When we used to live in Marietta, there was this little bar and grill called Ernies. Travis walked in and my dad, who doesn't get intimidated by anyone, speaks to him. They sat there for a couple hours, no one bothered them, and talked like they were old friends for hours. Only my dad lol!

I guess for every good story there'e a bad one, may depend on what kind of mood he's in that day. As many others have said, Teresa is a doll!

I guess you're right. It's also in how you approach him too. That 'starry eyed" thing probably just inflates his ego. My ol' man met him when he was riding around on his motorcycle (both of them actually) He was at that little mom and pop convenience store down the road from where Travis lives. They talked motorcycle for a while, and Travis finally said "you don't know who I am, do you?" Ed said "no", so Travis told him he was a big country star-lots of #1 records and singer of the year many times over(or something to that effect) So Ed says "well, that's why I don't know you, cause I can't stand that whinny country crap!" Travis has been friendly to him ever since!!! They ran into him at a local music shop (the grandson was getting new strings for his guitar) Travis took a moment to tell Brandon that if he practiced, he'd get good, and maybe even real good some day". I like when people aren't to big for their britches to stop and encourage a kid-says something about their character, even if they aren't to nice to adults. Personally, it's the adults that are a real pain in my butt sometimes. but I'd find time for a kid anyday.

• Like 1
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe you have a back story......I don't, so I just listen to the music and grin at all the memories around the trail riding campfire with friends, and sometimes, family.   In other word, if he is

I heard there was some gal that lived in Paulding who had a hamburger named for her. And no, I do not mean Wendy.

My mother went to high school with Joe South.....   BTW....I'm...surprised....no...one....has.....mentioned......Miss Jessie!

Posted Images

if I saw any of these people, I dont think I was even notice or even care. They are people like us just makes more money then most of us. I guess Travis Tritt wife came in my work a few years ago, and this other lady was like crazy excited over it. I didnt act any different, and she ask if I knew who that was, I said no, she looked shocked and told me it was Travis Tritts wife. I just looked at that woman like she was crazy and all I said was "okay??" I guess she wanted me to be more excited but it didnt happen.

I lost interest in TT when the signs were put up in front of his house...

I felt the same way till a former sheriff told me another famous person had people standing on the edge of the street in front of their house, got hit by a car and sued the famous person because adaquet notice was not given that was a dangerous place to stand.

Sounds stupid but I could see that happening here.

Taylor "T-Bone" Phillips, father of Deborah Anderson lives in South Paulding. He made is debut as a major league pitcher in 1956 with the Milwaukee Braves. He was with the Braves in 1957 when they won the World Series. He was traded to the Cubs in 1958 and pitched a shutout that season agains the Braves in Milwaukee. During the 1959 season, he was traded to the Phillies and pitched for them through the 1960 season. In 1963, he pitched for the White Sox. Taylor coached American Legion baseball teams for years in Douglasville.

He's a very modest man when talking about his baseball career. He told me as a rookie, he pitched to Ted Williams. He said he was nervous as heck because Williams was such a legend. I asked him how he did pitching against him and he replied, "I pitched him four perfect balls and he took them." In case you don't understand, he walked him.

He and his wife Betty are two of the nicest people you could ever meet.