Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
pcshopper

Class Ring

So, I'm looking for opinions~

My son wants a class ring (he's a sophmore), so, I am starting to "look around" with him.

I was on the Josten's site and the oh, my, the prices :wacko:...I am also looking at a few jewlers websites, and then walmart. I really hate to get him one from Walmart, but, he said he is fine w/ it cause they all look the same.

So, from those who have been through this, what have you found to be the most effecient? I know it will only be used for 2-3 years, then sit in a jewlery box for memory sake (at least that's where mine is, and my mom still has hers too).

Thanks for any advice :D

Oh, and, the letter jacket is next, so, give me info on that too :ph34r:

For a letter jacket go to Gables in Douglasville. They are the only place I know of that has the correct "Cardinal Red" if you go to South..

Edited by baseballmom

Didn't let my grandson get either until he was a Junior.

Got my son's at Walmart. They've got a lot of choices, and you really can't beat the price. If only I could get his cap and gone from there too...lol.

Walmart!

I kind of regretted not getting my college class ring, but since I knew my high school ring was already sitting in the safe (back when they were made out of real gold), I knew the college ring would eventually wind up there, as well. I shopped Jostens, as well as Walmart and if I was going to get one I'm not in the least bit ashamed to say that it would have come from Walmart!

Walmart for sure. Great quality rings made to order and a fair price too !!!

The schools should order the cap and gowns online. It's used for maybe two hours!!!!

economycapandgown.com

Adult Cap, Gown & Tassel Set $16.50

Cap and Gown set, a graduation tassel, and a diploma cover. $23.50

Primary Package 1 contains a Cap and Gown set, a graduation tassel, a diploma cover, and a printed "Honor" stole $32.00

If anyone's son needs a cap& gown from SPHS you are welcome to my son's. He used it in may but it's free! Just pm me

My son wanted his class ring as a sophomore, so he could wear it longer. We got his at Wal-Mart and it is beautiful! The selection is great and the prices and awesome, too!!!

Thanks everyone! Guess we will go to Walmart, I just felt bad doing that, even though he was all for it :rolleyes:

Next question...did any of you get either the Valadium, or the silver plus? How did it hold up...did it tarnish, bend easy, ect?

My son got the Valadium with the starburst stone and it looks great. It has not turned at all. He has had the ring almost 2 years now.

Funny thing, if you buy something from Wal-Mart there is no sign on it that says you bought it from Wal-Mart so no one needs to know you bought it from Wal-Mart. :good:

• Like 1

Bought first kid's from school--over $350--then learned Walmart carried them--but he is 21 and still loves it. Second kid decided to take the money and skip the ring.

For letter jacket M & L Enterprises in Marietta (678) 644-7957

Funny thing, if you buy something from Wal-Mart there is no sign on it that says you bought it from Wal-Mart so no one needs to know you bought it from Wal-Mart. :good:

Oh, trust me, this I know. I am always told by SO, that I am "cheap" and everything I do has to be the cheap way...so, I felt bad about doing the "cheap" thing, thinking that MOST kids get theirs from school, that's what my issue was.

Oh, trust me, this I know. I am always told by SO, that I am "cheap" and everything I do has to be the cheap way...so, I felt bad about doing the "cheap" thing, thinking that MOST kids get theirs from school, that's what my issue was.

Don't think of it as being "cheap"....I prefer "sensible."

• Like 1

Luckily, I don't have any kids needing class rings--been there done that. Mine never wanted them.

The thing that bothers me about it now--is the fact that they get their "senior" rings when they are sophmores or juniors??? To me, that was part of the anticipation of starting your senior year--getting that ring!! It just takes some of the glory out of getting it???

I remember getting mine my junior year. I think it was in the spring, just in time for school to be out and heading into senior class.

It's good to know WALMART has them and at a decent price. I'll probably get my grandsons there.

I remember getting mine my junior year. I think it was in the spring, just in time for school to be out and heading into senior class.

It's good to know WALMART has them and at a decent price. I'll probably get my grandsons there.

That's the way my class ('78), worked; junior class ordered their rings late fall/early winter and they arrived early spring when the senior class received their caps, gowns, and graduation invitations.

Luckily, I don't have any kids needing class rings--been there done that. Mine never wanted them.

The thing that bothers me about it now--is the fact that they get their "senior" rings when they are sophmores or juniors??? To me, that was part of the anticipation of starting your senior year--getting that ring!! It just takes some of the glory out of getting it???

I graduated back in 86 and we got ours before our senior year, I think it was in the spring of our sophomore year we got them. To me it makes total sense. You wear them longer, In your junior year you have the expense of Prom and the ACT or SAT( we also got our letterman sweater or jacket that year since that was when most of us earned our Varsity letter) and then your Senior year you have all the graduation expenses as well as another Prom, college application fee's etc.... I never even looked at it as a "Senior" ring, it was considered a "Class Ring" which in my case represented not only what class I was in (The class of 86) but what sports/activites I participated in (Cheerleading and track) in addition to the school colors and mascot. I can still remember my step Dad saying he wasn't paying the additional charge for a gold ring since it was going to be lost by then end of the year. For the record I still have it and have worn it off and on throughout my adult life. I paid the difference myself and my parents split the rest.